• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can never get enough of this little guy

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1645023350332.png

“I’m Genma Bes. Now, stand back sonny, and let this old man teach those fools a lesson or two.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Egyptian mythology. An ancient Egyptian deity worshipped as a protector of households and, in particular, of mothers, children, and childbirth, later being regarded as the defender of good and enemy of bad. He has various duties such as killing snakes and fighting off evil spirits and also symbolizes entertainment and sexual pleasure. His feminine counterparts are Beset and childbirth goddess Taweret.

Skills: Binding Strike, Marakukaja, Diarama, Pulinpa

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fury race.

SMT look of Bes draws inspiration from various interpretations of him, looking like a little man with lion and monkey characteristics. Unlike most Egyptian deities, Bes was almost always depicted with his full face, usually yelling to drive off evil spirits, something that’s well-reflected in here. He even has a neat Eye of Horus medallion. It’s a little weird how few appearances Bes made throughout the series, considering his extreme popularity during his time. For reference, his cult was extremely popular during the New Kingdom, when he was worshiped as far as Spain and later in the Roman and Achaemenid Empires.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 16.

No Segway, can't think of one
Shawn-Alexander-Allen.jpg

Meet Shawn Alexander Allen. Born in East Village, New York, Shawn would get a degree at the School of Visual Arts. He would get make videos, animations, short films and scriptwriting. He would land his first major gig at Rockstar, working on games like GTAIV, GTAV, and Red Dead Redemption as the gameplay caoture artists. He woukd be the one to make trailers. However, after a nitable lack if diversity, he woukd leave Rockstar and start up his own company: Nu Challenger, and indie company dedicated to helping marginalized developers.

“I just don’t want to keep talking about race. I want race to be organically there.” “They’ll be okay with not being a part of the industry. They’ll be okay being in the industry but not being a creator or top level until you say, ‘Why isn’t this a part of what you do?'”
http://anewchallengerawaits.com/general/

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean, I agree that there should be more pressure on corporates to preserve media but forcing private parties to make everything they ever published constantly available to purchase sounds like a legal nightmare. Imagine a printing house to reprint every book the moment it goes out of print. It would be impossible.

Obviously, it's a much different ballgame with digital media but these companies still have to pay for the servers that keep these games available and this can be a significant burden on smaller companies in the long run.
It the whole classic what is right versus what is realistic unfortunately.

We know its right for it to work and it could (never say never if distribution changes) but the cost and how is hard.

Guess I'll have to give the 3DS eshop another look through before it's too late.

Y'all have any game recommendations? My favorite genres are RPGs, platformers, and fighting games if that helps, although I'm willing to try something beyond those as well.

As for games I already own, I've got:
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Pokemon Sun
  • Bravely Default and Bravely Second
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Dragon Ball Fusions
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Generations
Two very easy choices:

1645024254932.png
1645024362913.png

Former is a must honestly. (1 got sadly removed years ago). All of the characters shown plus Chrom, Lucina and our Xeno girl Fiora is also playable in it.

Latter is a strange pick but hear me out. Mario Kart 8 has so much content and is a fantastic game but honestly under the hood for tightness I'd say Mario Kart 7 is better. Plus I never really liked the gravity mechanic but thats me.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I saw the news about the Wii U and 3DS eShops last night - I think I got all of the Wii U games that I'd be interested in (I got a bunch of games a few years ago, figuring that the Wii U's eShop closing wouldn't have anywhere near the amount of advance notice that the Wii's Virtual Console did), though I'll have to look into 3DS games.

In particular, I'm not sure where to start for the Professor Layton series, and I'm not sure which Phoenix Wright games are worth getting beyond the Ace Attorney trilogy.
My gut response is too say that your good, because the other 3DS Ace Attornies arent worth playing, i dont like them. lol

Guess I'll have to give the 3DS eshop another look through before it's too late.

Y'all have any game recommendations? My favorite genres are RPGs, platformers, and fighting games if that helps, although I'm willing to try something beyond those as well.

As for games I already own, I've got:
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby
  • Pokemon Sun
  • Bravely Default and Bravely Second
  • Dragon Quest VIII
  • Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
  • A Link Between Worlds
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Dragon Ball Fusions
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Generations
Yokai Watch 3
Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia
Project X Zone 2
LBX
Persona Q2

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know you joke but Legends is NOT the kind of game that should have every Pokemon. Imagine trying to catch all 900+ mons to obtain Arceus, that would be terrible.
I just want pumpkaboo and Mienshao without having to rely on some ****ing apps😔

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I know you joke but Legends is NOT the kind of game that should have every Pokemon. Imagine trying to catch all 900+ mons to obtain Arceus, that would be terrible.
Oh believe me I may have said it in a joking manner but I was NOT joking.

Trying to catch 900+ mons in PLA would be a nightmare, and getting the dex entries for everyone would be even worse

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
These are the missing lines btw:
  • Snivy
  • Tepig
  • Patrat
  • Pansage
  • Pansear
  • Panpour
  • Blitzle
  • Sewaddle
  • Ducklett
  • Deerling
  • Alolomola
  • Tynamo
  • Meloetta
  • Chespin
  • Fennekin
  • Froakie
  • Scatterbug
  • Litleo
  • Flabebe
  • Skiddo
  • Furfrou
  • Hoopa
  • Pikipek
  • Yungoos
  • Crabrawler
  • Oricorio
  • Minior
  • Komala
  • Bruxish
So not much is missing. Wouldn't be surprised if the next game has the missing 50-60 ish or so.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh believe me I may have said it in a joking manner but I was NOT joking.

Trying to catch 900+ mons in PLA would be a nightmare, and getting the dex entries for everyone would be even worse
I mean... Sun and moon did that thing where all the Pokemon are coded in, allowing for transfers but not every Pokemon had a dex entry.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
  • Snivy
  • Tepig
  • Patrat
  • Pansage
  • Pansear
  • Panpour
  • Blitzle
  • Sewaddle
  • Ducklett
  • Deerling
  • Alolomola
  • Tynamo
  • Meloetta
  • Chespin
  • Fennekin
  • Froakie
  • Scatterbug
  • Litleo
  • Flabebe
  • Skiddo
  • Furfrou
  • Hoopa
  • Pikipek
  • Yungoos
  • Crabrawler
  • Oricorio
  • Minior
  • Komala
  • Bruxish
So not much is missing. Wouldn't be surprised if the next game has the missing 50-60 ish or so.
And Minefoo, and Pumpkaboo, and espurr and audino and-

Please GF, at least have Mienfoo and pumpkaboo show up in Space time bubbles in the future or somethinh

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wonder how most people would feel about Dexit in Legends: Arceus if Sw/Sh hadn't taken the brunt of it first.

It probably wouldn't have been nearly the same level of disaster that was Sw/Sh's release cycle but I do wonder if people would be more vocally upset by it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder how most people would feel about Dexit in Legends: Arceus if Sw/Sh hadn't taken the brunt of it first.

It probably wouldn't have been nearly the same level of disaster that was Sw/Sh's release cycle but I do wonder if people would be more vocally upset by it.
There would be significantly less backlash simply because there would have been something replacing the dex.

Which was the thing people complaned about.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

There'd backlash but I do feel like it be more understandable guven the scope of PLA.

Not like the backlash mattered anyways SwSh still broke series records and PLA is looking to break the same records SwSh set.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
  • Snivy
  • Tepig
  • Patrat
  • Pansage
  • Pansear
  • Panpour
  • Blitzle
  • Sewaddle
  • Ducklett
  • Deerling
  • Alolomola
  • Tynamo
  • Meloetta
  • Chespin
  • Fennekin
  • Froakie
  • Scatterbug
  • Litleo
  • Flabebe
  • Skiddo
  • Furfrou
  • Hoopa
  • Pikipek
  • Yungoos
  • Crabrawler
  • Oricorio
  • Minior
  • Komala
  • Bruxish
It's wild that Greninja was voted the most popular Pokemon a few years back and now it's still absent from Gen 8 as a whole

Jondolio

Smash Hero
They’re making more legends games? I thought PLA was a one off.
Given how well the games done, it would definitely be stupid not keep the subseries going.
I mean, there's nothing indicating it's in development right now, but given how well it's doing and how many people who have criticized Pokémon in the past are singing this game's praises, I'd say it's pretty much inevitable.

I think it should happen regardless

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Disney about to make their own communist neighborhood:
1645034158900.png

Jokes aside, entertainment corporates trying to make their products a central part of people's lives is concerning, to say the least.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reviews are out for Uncharted and apparently they're not looking good.

Made a good call passing up on this.

Still can't get over how miscast Tom Holland is as a young Nathan Drake.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Disney about to make their own communist neighborhood:
I know we're on a site dedicated to a Nintendo game but I can not possibly imagine being this dedicated to having your life revolve under a multibillion dollar corporation.

This **** is not healthy.

On this corporate side of things, this sounds dystoptian as ****. Can't wait for Defunctland to tackle this in 5 years

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
You know, I've thought this for a while, but since Regional Evolutions are now on the table my most wanted is an evolution for Lanturn

I always thought it's really disappointing for a Pokémon based on this
edc29e55aabb8736192dc866a696180a.jpg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 345335

Jokes aside, entertainment corporates trying to make their products a central part of people's lives is concerning, to say the least.
After hearing the stories and absurd rules Disney enforced in employees, there is no way they won’t be always watching the people in this neighborhoods. It will probably get wild.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The trailer for the Live Action Dora geared towards older audiences has been released:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just brought up Storyliving to my Disnerd sister and she immediately shouted "DID THEY NOT LEARN?"

In case you guys thought all Disney adults were crazy Disney zombies.

Still expect a lot of twitter fanboys/girls hyping this up and trying to defend it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Crazy thing, is that Disney did something similar this 25+ years ago, and it did not go well (they pretty abandoned it very quickly) so I have no idea why they're trying this again
Probably because they’ve made billions and amassed a even bigger mindless fanbase. Look at the people who wait hours in line to get a small popcorn holder recently just because it was modeled after figment. A character most people forget about. As scary as it is, so many people associate themselves with Disney for whatever reason just for some validation. Disney probably realizes this and will think they could pull it off this time.the branding has just become so much more than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom