• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Tbf DD's backstory on him can add up as his backstory in AJ was about his parents while DD was about his childhood. SoJ's the one that went off the rails.

Also Dual Destinies is a top tier mainline game and I refuse to hear otherwise. SoJ kinda stinky but it does have lots of stuff I do like despite it easily being the worst AA game
I feel like my opinion on Dual destinies would be significantly higher if they just workshopped the story a little bit more.

Like, for example, in DD we learn about Apollo's friend, but we never meet this friend so none of the plot relavations regarding him have any impact.
we also get a love interest for Apollo, but that never goes anywhere.

There's enough material here to actually make it feel like a sequel to AA4 but they never go anywhere with it and to me it falls really flat.

Chronicles did this way better, we get to meet Tobias and have two games with him before his demise, so when he actually goes bite the dust his death leaves an impact on the player.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The best part of being a Paper Mario fan is realizing Mario and Luigi is better.
Until it wasn’t great either. With the worst part being the biggest thing holding them back is Nintendo and their stupid idea that Mario should have generic characters only.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
NOM162.jpg

Another reason why Partners in Time is so much memorable to me.

I miss these styles of Nintendo Magazine covers.

I feel old. This was 2006.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Until it wasn’t great either. With the worst part being the biggest thing holding them back is Nintendo and their stupid idea that Mario should have generic characters only.
Tbh M&L only had 1 major flop compared to PM's 2 (don't get me wrong Paper Jam is the worst Mario RPG though)
Frankly, Thousand year door beat out the entire Mario and Luigi catalogue.
Bowser's Inside Story clears sadly

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, another reason I hated SoJ was its treatment of Athena.
She's only playable in Case 4, the worst case in the game (and arguably the series) and it's FILLER!!!

I am not spoiling anything if I say it's just filler, right?
Hmmmm. She was mistreated and as of now it is indeed a filler case but it's easily the second best case in the game and I think it's more evidence as to why Athena's such a fantastic addition and what she could bring to more games

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Brony Cena

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbh, BiS remake wasn't bad. The main issue was that it was not needed at all. Nobody asked for it and Bowser's Inside Story had no glaring flaws that needed to be fixed. But it was Bowser's Inside Story at heart.

That and it helped kill AlphaDream AND the 3DS at the same time.
I mean, that sneezing minigame or whatever it was ****ing sucked and I hear they fixed that up

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still stand by my concept. If they really don't wanna make new characters, then fine. Use the ones you have.

A Mario RPG with the bros, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, DK, and Toad. You can mix and match different pairs, with unique dialogue for every combination. And a slew of crazy combo moves.

Bowser can be the villain again, just make sure he's funny.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I still stand by my concept. If they really don't wanna make new characters, then fine. Use the ones you have.

A Mario RPG with the bros, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Waluigi, DK, and Toad. You can mix and match different pairs, with unique dialogue for every combination. And a slew of crazy combo moves.

Ah, but that would be giving Mario characters personalities outside of "I am very marketable and pleasant!" and that's highly illegal.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

A Mario and Luigi game where you team up with Wario and Waluigi is a concept i'm surprised they never went with.

Hell, one where they team up with Yoshi is surprisingly something that doesnt exist.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah, but that would be giving Mario characters personalities outside of "I am very marketable and pleasant!" and that's highly illegal.
Damnit, I hate that your right.

I'm not even asking for deep character arcs here. The characters can be basic, just give em funny and interesting things to say. That's really all it takes to make a character endearing, at least in a game like this.

But I guess that's asking for too much :drshrug:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Damnit, I hate that your right.

I'm not even asking for deep character arcs here. The characters can be basic, just give em funny and interesting things to say. That's really all it takes to make a character endearing, at least in a game like this.

But I guess that's asking for too much :drshrug:
No

the game will sell -5,000,000,000 less copies if Mario isn't seen smiling at all times, Peach is doing anything other than be captured and bake cakes, and Yoshi is funny extra jump. Funny Nintendo suit man said so.

Wario and Waluigi are myths.

What's a Daisy.

There is no Mario series, only SMB3 and World exist.

NOW SIT THE HECK DOWN AND PLAY YOUR NSMB, AND LIKE IT.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A Mario and Luigi game where you team up with Wario and Waluigi is a concept i'm surprised they never went with.

Hell, one where they team up with Yoshi is surprisingly something that doesnt exist.
The M&L games never quite got Yoshi right (especially PiT), if they showed him at all. I'm sure what they would've been able to do with him playable :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
No

the game will sell -5,000,000,000 less copies if Mario isn't seen smiling at all times, Peach is doing anything other than be captured and bake cakes, and Yoshi is funny extra jump. Funny Nintendo suit man said so.

Wario and Waluigi are myths.

What's a Daisy.

There is no Mario series, only SMB3 and World exist.

NOW SIT THE HECK DOWN AND PLAY YOUR NSMB, AND LIKE IT.
Finally

New New Super Mario Bros 2 U Wii Deluxe HD & Knuckles Plus New Funky Mode.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
unnamed.jpg

Hi. I'm Evan from Downey, California. I, lOve my job, & I am currently nOt trapped in this PC. HELP things are great!
Ya, these are ALL hacked into my SSBB gaming disk, so.
:4palutena: : Excellent job, Pit!👍:pit:
Irl: Oh, so sorry about that Pit. Teleports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom