• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
finna watch Spider-Man: Uncharted Home tomorrow or Friday

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I keep getting mixed messages from people but in order to get Pokemon out of Pokemon bank, I would need to pay for Pokemon home correct? In order to get the Pokemon Bank Pokemon into Pokemon home? Why cant this **** be ****ing free

Im very tired..

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Made some progress in Pokemon Go today. Finally delivered enough gifts to reach the next part of the Shiny Mew Master Research just in time for the Johto Tour next weekend. Part two requires you to catch 30 of each Type and 151 different species. I plan on driving/walking around my local college campus to shiny hunt. I only need Raikou & Corsola to complete the Johto Dex.

Was able to do some remote raids through Twitter and caught three Deoxys. Sadly none of them were 3 Stars with their IVs, but I'm mighty proud that me and one other person was able to take one of them down by ourselves; the host of the raid had even left. I never knew it was possible to do a 5* Raid with only two people. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How are you people finding so many shinies? I havent seen a single one.
Have research level 10 on most or all Pokémon. The. You fly or run around the map. Go back to town and repeat. Spawns will always change and you can get shiny Pokémon much faster, if you don’t want to do outbreaks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, today marks the one year anniversary of this reveal:

I know a lot of you guys aren't particularly fond of them but I just can't express enough how thankful I am that Xenoblade 2 was given a second chance. Even with all its faults, no game in recent memory has left such a lasting and positive impression on me like it, and I'll never not be delighted that it's been immortalized in Smash to this extent.

Maryse

Street Fighter Scrub
Premium

I know a lot of you guys aren't particularly fond of them but I just can't express enough how thankful I am that Xenoblade 2 was given a second chance. Even with all its faults, no game in recent memory has left such a lasting and positive impression on me like it, and I'll never not be delighted that it's been immortalized in Smash to this extent.
To be honest, I was most hyped for :ultkazuya:'s reveal and his corresponding Mr. Sakurai presents. However, the Aegis' reveal was a close second. They need to hurry the **** up with their amiibo already.

Anyway, I am glad you are having a blast with the Aegis; :ultpyra: and :ultmythra: are my girls too in Ultimate, even though I never played Xenoblade Chronicles before. :shyguy:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

As for me I feel wholeheartedly the same as Xenoblade is my favourite Nintendo series of all time and Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is probably my favourite game of all time. Xenoblade 2, while not perfect gave me so much enjoyment.

The moment I saw Rex running to Pyra on Final Destination I flipped my **** beyond belief as myself and everyone was blindsided at seeing these two and I'm so happy for it. Outside of two very minor things (Pyra's "ability" could be better and Mythra having a victory animation without the two to show her cockiness), its probably the best DLC ever for me............at least fighting game wise

And like my friend here who I was just as happy for as myself, I was so glad it was given a second chance.......while being a bit smug in hindsight that it was the final Nintendo owned character:
Kurumi_amused.jpg

And like him, here's to Xenoblade 3. Cannot wait to once again roam the backs of giants.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 345406
If you saw that typo, no you didn't
Plus, public opinion shifted on them both to something more positive over time.

"haha funny kill chaos-oh this actually looks fun-AND I DID IT, MYYYYYY WAYYYYYYYYYYY"
"ugh game freak being cheap ag-wait pokemon can attack the trainer? wait there's actual boss battles? wait there's actually a ton of gameplay changes even if it isn't pokemon botw?"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I dont know why but i find it kind of amusing that one of the last Robot Wars titles that was Japan only has like, the most American Manga character ever on it's roster with Stan Lee's Heroman

Joey Jonas really sticks out among these other anime dudes.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I dont know why but i find it kind of amusing that one of the last Robot Wars titles that was Japan only has like, the most American Manga character ever on it's roster with Stan Lee's Heroman

Joey Jonas really sticks out among these other anime dudes.
sees the robot on the top left

Is that Hatsune Miku as Fei-Yen from the cult-classic 1996 3D shooting and fighting game for arcades, Sega Saturn and PC, Virtual On: Cyber Troopers?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

It was nice getting more female reps especially.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fury race:

1645107578767.png

“I’m I’m I’m Fury Triglav. I I I dedicate my my my sword to thy who summoned me me me.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Slavic mythology. A deity whose name means “three-headed one”. He’s the representation or the fusion of three major Slavic gods (or sky, earth, and underworld), whose identities change from region to region. These include Svarog, Perun, and Dazhbog along with Svetovid or Veles. He’s depicted as a man with three human or goat heads and gold blindfolds that cover his eyes which prevent him from seeing humans’ sins.

Skills: Matarukaja, FataL Sword, Thunder Reign, Elec Block

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Holy race.

As usual with Slavic deities, there’s little known about Triglav before Christians destroyed most of his temples. It’s possible he has something to do with certain East Europe mountains with three peaks who share his names but it’s hard to say. Design-wise, Triglav always struck me as looking more like a Buddhist/Hindu figure rather than a Slavic one with his unnatural skin color and robes but I can’t say his design doesn’t fit him.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Someone did a thread on Twitter about Nintendo shutting their 3DS and Wii U servers down

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Updated the Favorite Pokémon of each type and gen thingmajig after deciding last night that the one Electric type introduced in Gen 6 is cool, actually

Also, I should probably elaborate on why I left some of these empty beyond "I don't like any of the choices" - it's usually because either the choices I have are either super forgettable to the point putting them there didn't feel right, or because I just straight up don't like the few choices I have. Gen 6 is extremely guilty of both of these

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now that 3DS hacking is on the table for a lot of people i kinda want to undo the region locking on this thing, it would be fun to try out some of the 3DS games that are Japan only. Like theatrithm Dragon Quest.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 17.

So this is gonna be a bit of a multiparter, because tomorrow, the Cuphead show comes out. And from my research, there are quite a bit of black VAs in Cuphead. So I'll be highlighting some. For today, I'll be highlighting someone who had a big role in the game's soundtrack.
ER5HC7UWkAU793V.jpeg

Meet Alana Bridgewater. She is a VA, and voiced King Dice in the game. Yes, that also means she sang this

As for personal life, she was born in Ontario, and was a member if the Canadian Children's Choir, the Toronto Youth Mendelssohn Choir, and a founding member of the Nathaniel Dett Chorale. She would attend University of Windsor. She was also the voice of the 2008 olympics bid. She was nominated for the Gemini Award in 2007 due to her contibutions to the Gospel Christmas Project.

Aside from that, she also done voice work on Total Dramarama as Mama and Eartha in Mysticons. She also worked on some shows as an actor such as Skins, Hannibal, The Hot Zone and Lost Girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom