• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1645112355142.png

So Japan is creating a Pikachu bus for a variety show? Cat bus from Totoro will finally have a friend!

1645112483291.png

Latter looks like Garfield though...................................

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 17.

So this is gonna be a bit of a multiparter, because tomorrow, the Cuphead show comes out. And from my research, there are quite a bit of black VAs in Cuphead. So I'll be highlighting some. For today, I'll be highlighting someone who had a big role in the game's soundtrack.
View attachment 345433
Meet Alana Bridgewater. She is a VA, and voiced King Dice in the game. Yes, that also means she sang this

As for personal life, she was born in Ontario, and was a member if the Canadian Children's Choir, the Toronto Youth Mendelssohn Choir, and a founding member of the Nathaniel Dett Chorale. She would attend University of Windsor. She was also the voice of the 2008 olympics bid. She was nominated for the Gemini Award in 2007 due to her contibutions to the Gospel Christmas Project.

Aside from that, she also done voice work on Total Dramarama as Mama and Eartha in Mysticons. She also worked on some shows as an actor such as Skins, Hannibal, The Hot Zone and Lost Girl.

On this note, anyone looking forward to the Cuphead Show?

Netflix tends to have a really good track record with video game adaptatioms.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I haven't played much of the game, so I can only be so excited.

Also a friend of mine pointed out that the animation is kind of disappointing for a game inspired by cartoons from the 1920s-30s, which I'm inclined to agree with even though I understand it

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I haven't played much of the game, so I can only be so excited.

Also a friend of mine pointed out that the animation is kind of disappointing for a game inspired by cartoons from the 1920s-30s, which I'm inclined to agree with even though I understand it
That is fair, I also agree that the animation isn't as good as the game but the game's animation damn near destroyed their lives, so I get why they didn't replicate it.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Maybe I'll give it a go but I never played Cuphead and what I've seen from it is kind of a mixed bag.

I think there was some stuff they could've left in the old cartoons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
amongst other Stranger Things news and reveals

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
amongst other Stranger Things news and reveals
That reminds me - I still need to watch season 1. (I think I'm 2 or 3 episodes in - not sure how many there are in a season)

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Anyway I just picked up Kirby's Dream Land, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, and Paper Mario Sticker Star from the eshop. It sucks that now I have to race to acquire all these games before March 2023. I get that the 3DS is getting older but I was expecting a couple more years out of the eshop. And what's worse is that they will probably not port half of the virtual console games over to the NSO either.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyway I just picked up Kirby's Dream Land, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, and Paper Mario Sticker Star from the eshop. It sucks that now I have to race to acquire all these games before March 2023. I get that the 3DS is getting older but I was expecting a couple more years out of the eshop. And what's worse is that they will probably not port half of the virtual console games over to the NSO either.
From what I've seen, the cut-off is actually May 2022. (that's the cut-off date for adding money to the eShop aside from eShop cards)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think that's the case for adding them on the systems, but adding funds online should be fine. Unless I read incorrectly
May 2022 is the cutoff for adding by credit card
August 2022 is the cutoff for adding via eshop card
March 2023 is the end
Funds can still be added after August 2022 through the Switch if accounts are linked.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got more art for ya, this time it's Misty Knight. One of the earlier Black Heroes from Marvel, who again, debuted in the 70's. A cop turned Superhero, Misty Knight, Mercedes Knight being her real name. Is known for her bionic arm and martial arts skills. Many characters were created during this time to capitalize off of 3 big trends, Blaxploitation, Kung-Fu Movies, and Monsters. This lead to the creation of characters like Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Shang-Chi, Morbius, Man-Thing and Misty Knight who was a part of the Daughters of the Dragon, essentially used two of the trends to make one character. I believe she predates Storm by 2 or 3 years, so she might be Marvel's first black female hero. She was also Jean Grey's roommate when the latter stopped being a hero for a bit. Typically she's lead the Heroes for Hire in some of its incarnation, and has had Iron Fist and Falcon as love interests. Recently she's helped train Ben Reilly, like how Shang-Chi trained Peter Parker.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There are plenty of Virtual Console games and a few 3DS-only games I never got before that I've been wanting to play, so I'll probably buy as many of those as I can before the shop closes for good.

I'm not sure about the Wii U.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I have mixed feelings on the game but the show looks good, though I hate how the animators got ****ed over by having to do 3 seasons but not actually having it listed as 3 seasons so they don't get paid nearly as much
What you nerds up to?
Being pissed off that Power Rangers took one of the coolest villains from a show they've repeatedly say they'll refuse to touch and put her in the current show

Please John Hasbro put some respect on my rainbow babies and their gay trans babysitter

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
these old people really hate success

also he wasn’t asked about Marvel…brought it up on his own I guess

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I agree with him, Ridley Scott and Roland Emmerich regarding MCU films nowadays.

The MCU at this point is just a TV series with over two-hour long episodes. Only unique thing being its ungodly budget.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I'll give it a go but I never played Cuphead and what I've seen from it is kind of a mixed bag.

I think there was some stuff they could've left in the old cartoons.
I have mixed feelings on the game but the show looks good, though I hate how the animators got ****ed over by having to do 3 seasons but not actually having it listed as 3 seasons so they don't get paid nearly as much
Out of curiosity, what did y'all not like about the game?

I myself liked it quite a bit, so I'm curious to see what y'all didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom