• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Harry Potter had the benefit of being so popular worldwide that a lot of its readers straight up won't notice the problematic parts of it as they tend to be not super overt and you can easily miss them if you lack the context of why they are so harmful. Rowling's controversial (to say the least) statements also not always make it into non-English mainstream media, which also affects the series' reputation.

(a lot of people also outright agree with her ****ty views but that's beside the point)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Harry Potter had the benefit of being so popular worldwide that a lot of its readers straight up won't notice the problematic parts of it as they tend to be not super overt and you can easily miss them if you lack the context of why they are so harmful. Rowling's controversial (to say the least) statements also not always make it into non-English mainstream media, which also affects the series' reputation.

(a lot of people also outright agree with her ****ty views but that's beside the point)
On the last part you said, I would like to say something about critical thinking. Now, I am not saying that all who agree with JK necessarily do this, but we all have our different opinions, which are nothing right or wrong, but too many people listen to others and mindlessly agree with them or what people say that may not be true without developing or necessarily going by their own opinion or develop their own opinion about something. Quite sad, isn’t it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fact that it's releasing in between the Batman and Sonic 2 makes me think this is gonna flop.
Bruh I looked it up cause I thought Sonic was at the end of the year and it's April? ****ing ay. Sonic seems neat and The Batman looks super ****ing promising in my book so Jared Leto's cult is gonna be seething for a while

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also, does anybody really care for Fantastic Beasts?
After watching Crimes of Grindlewald a few years that left me rather underwhelmed, I predict it will face a rather tough competition against Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (in which I expect Sonic to do well in the April box office numbers pending on the situation of the pandemic.)

EDIT: Will also add that there will also be a number of factors that could impact the Secrets of Dumbledore's run ranging from the controversy involving JK Rowling, and Johnny Depp's departure etc.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

HP is still massively popular in Japan. The movies mind you, not the books.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Pretty sure this had already been discussed, but this is now the seventh time Morbius had to be delayed to April (probably due to concerns of the Omicron cases) in what I believe will be released in the same month as Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie and the Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore which will be rather challenging.
I'm uninterested with Morbius as it feels like a discount Venom movie. I feel that it's going to struggle against Sonic 2. Not so much Fantastic Beasts 3 as any that film may have had gone tarnished by the controversy regarding J. K. Rowling's "current thoughts" (not saying what those thoughts are) and the Johnny Depp lawsuit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm uninterested with Morbius as it feels like a discount Venom movie. I feel that it's going to struggle against Sonic 2. Not so much Fantastic Beasts 3 as any that film may have had gone tarnished by the controversy regarding J. K. Rowling's "current thoughts" (not saying what those thoughts are) and the Johnny Depp lawsuit.
Knowing Sony too. Morbius is going to just be cringe humor as the Venom movies were.

Factor in being PG-13 which already loses my interest. A movie about a pseudo-vampire should be R-rated.

Looks like nothing more then one of those bland fest of a cliche vampire movie.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm now hitting the late part of the plot for Brave police in SRW30

You know this plot has elements That resemble ones from Transformers Animated, i wonder if that's in any intentional? I supposed Well never know for sure since the guy who was in charge of Transformers Animated passed away recently

HP is still massively popular in Japan. The movies mind you, not the books.
Makes sense, Harry Potter Is basically just a western shonen series when you think about it

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The fact that it's releasing in between the Batman and Sonic 2 makes me think this is gonna flop.
It also has to compete with Fantastic Beasts.
I just found out we got new promo material for Twilight Batman and I must say

Edgy bat movies gonna compete with each other but it'll just end up like this
View attachment 341909
Man the wait for this film is gonna kill me...

Please don't get delayed (Although the reason would obviously be understandable, even then I could just watch it at home though I'd prefer a theater).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom