• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only time i felt that was with Frozen, nothing ****ing happens in that world.

I think they were trying to compensate for how short the worlds were in games like Birth by sleep and DDD. Personally i thought for the most part it was well done.
I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve been marathoning the series and BBS and DDD are the two freshest games in my memory, but I haven’t even played the Frozen world yet and I feel like all of them are overstaying their welcome. Even Monsters Inc (one of my favorite Disney movies) started to drag near the end. Like we put out fires twice. It’s the same set piece in the same region of the world but we just gotta do it twice. IDK man I feel like they overdid it.

Also. Tangled. Sora and co have never felt more like bystanders before. Like usually they’re just stapled into the preexisting story, I get it, but I’ve always liked how they’ve had little tiny moments where they drive the plot along or comment on the scene or are given certain pieces of dialogue instead of movie characters. But here they were really just standing there during all the major story beats. Man, if only Nomura knew tangled was getting a show when the game was being made, then he could have used that as an excuse for having the tangled world be like Toybox and Monstropolis and have an original plot line. Wouldn’t have saved him from what I have been told is coming up in Arendelle but hey, would have been one more interesting world.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They're also the reason we're still in this pandemic to begin with.

Why should we care about them?
I wouldn't say they are the sole reason, as rich countries/companies withholding the vaccination doesn't help.

But yeah, people who can but won't get vaccinated cause a big danger to everyone around them.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Anti-vaccers are not usually malicious. Most have just been fooled by bad journalism.

They're getting people killed and need to be stopped, of course. But it's important to remember that most of them are victims in their own right.
Yeah, true. I still don’t think they care much about others. If they did, they would get vaccinated and help put an end to this pandemic.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anti-vaccers are not usually malicious. Most have just been fooled by bad journalism.

They're getting people killed and need to be stopped, of course. But it's important to remember that most of them are victims in their own right.
I get this point and don't entirely disagree but I personally have little sympathy for those who choose to remain ignorant, especially as the antivaxx movement's biggest push was from the idea that vaccines caused autism in children despite the guy claiming that only meant a specific vaccine and ended up having nothing to show for his research. Also, I find the idea of preferring a dead child over a neurodivergent one... Questionable, to put it ridiculously lightly

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I get this point and don't entirely disagree but I personally have little sympathy for those who choose to remain ignorant, especially as the antivaxx movement's biggest push was from the idea that vaccines caused autism in children despite the guy claiming that only meant a specific vaccine and ended up having nothing to show for his research. Also, I find the idea of preferring a dead child over a neurodivergent one... Questionable, to put it ridiculously lightly
That claim about the vaccine causing autism is ridiculous! Too many people know nothing about autism anyway. Not saying autism is the best thing, but it isn’t bad but anyway, a vaccine would not cause autism. No way. These people who say it does are not even involved in the vaccine in any way.

I am not saying a vaccine causing autism is necessarily good, I am saying too many don’t know about autism well. And I am autistic myself.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
. Also, I find the idea of preferring a dead child over a neurodivergent one... Questionable, to put it ridiculously lightly
If I had to guess, it's because autism has a connotation of either being:

A. A trait that makes people into murderous psychopaths
B. A trait that makes people like 1 step away fron being braindead, as in the literal definition of braindead

And I guess people rather have then dead than be ine if those two. I don't agree with them, but anti-autism sentiments done overtime with demonizing something that is actually super common.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good to know. Too many people think autism means stupidity, but that is not the case with many autistic people, including you and me. Even those who were dumb, no offense to anyone, would probably be so for other reasons.
I know right? That's something that utterly enrages me.

The fact too that stupid Predator movie in 2018 treated it like it was the next step in evolution, main reason I hated that film not because it was bad either. What has came to Hollywood? Who the **** thought that'd be good writing? Who decided on that and wrote that even!?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know right? That's something that utterly enrages me.

The fact too that stupid Predator movie in 2018 treated it like it was the next step in evolution, main reason I hated that film not because it was bad either. What has came to Hollywood? Who the **** thought that'd be good writing? Who decided on that and wrote that even!?
What is worse is that too many people don’t have the smarts, or critical thinking, to see through the lies about autism and the vaccine. We need more critical thinkers.

Guys Guys!!
According to Nintendo Insider, there is gonna be new Mario Kart game and it could be crossover of Nintendo IPs.
I heard that it's name is "Mario Kart Crossroads " and it's 10th Mk entry that goes beyond by adding Nintendo Characters!

Are you guys excited about new Mario Kart game that is crossover with Nintendo IPs?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't think most of them really see dead child as a real possobility, nor do they actually know anything about autism. Most of it comes from bad education, poor critical thinking skills and mistaking sensationalized news articles as reliable sources, among other things.

But I suppose I we don't need to have a lot of sympathy for antivaccers as long as we remember its misinformation that is the real enemy here. In this sense people like Tara Strong who use this platform to spread misinformation are guilty, regardless if they actually believe it or not.

I still blame bad journalism. And by bad I mean cons-

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Pretty sure this had already been discussed, but this is now the seventh time Morbius had to be delayed to April (probably due to concerns of the Omicron cases) in what I believe will be released in the same month as Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie and the Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore which will be rather challenging.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Pretty sure this had already been discussed, but this is now the seventh time Morbius had to be delayed to April (probably due to concerns of the Omicron cases) in what I believe will be released in the same month as Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie and the Fantastic Beasts: Secrets of Dumbledore which will be rather challenging.
Oh no.

Anyways.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

That movie highkey looks like straight ass tbh.

Also, does anybody really care for Fantastic Beasts?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't even have any high hopes or faith for Morbius. It's looking out to be a disaster and performing poorly especially with how many times it's been delayed and competing with Sonic 2 and Fantastic Beasts.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isn't it a prequel series and before the events of Harry Potter which is hugely popular?

The fact two both films were success, the first making over $800 million and second over $650.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Morbius got delayed? Dang. I'm more hyped for Doctor Strange 2 tho, so I'm not that bummed out

Anyways,

If y'all have neverlistened to Loyal by Odesza, please drop what you're doing rn and listen to it, ty

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

The last one was apparently utter dog**** and based on leaks for this one, it's somehow worse.
Plus the whole "booting Johnny Depp despite Amber Heard being the guilty party" thing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The last one was apparently utter dog**** and based on leaks for this one, it's somehow worse.
Plus the whole "booting Johnny Depp despite Amber Heard being the guilty party" thing.
Still was apparently a hit making over $650 million.

No surprise given Harry Potter's popularity which these movies are a prequel to.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
On the topic of critical thinking, people who pick on the dumb or anyone with something they think equates to dumb forget that humans are born not smart, which is why parents have to care for them in the first place. In fact, from there, I would say some are still not smart, less smart than those they pick on, maybe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know Harry Potter is popular but it was not that ****ing good lmao.

Yes I am salty that we still don't have a 39 Clues movie, wtf is taking them so long.
Bro as an adult who has some form of political awareness I do not understand how this was acceptable, Evangelists were pissy so the person who had the only important Black character be called ****ing Shacklebolt and the Asian Cho ****ing Chang was deemed progressive

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don’t know. Maybe it’s because I’ve been marathoning the series and BBS and DDD are the two freshest games in my memory, but I haven’t even played the Frozen world yet and I feel like all of them are overstaying their welcome. Even Monsters Inc (one of my favorite Disney movies) started to drag near the end. Like we put out fires twice. It’s the same set piece in the same region of the world but we just gotta do it twice. IDK man I feel like they overdid it.

Also. Tangled. Sora and co have never felt more like bystanders before. Like usually they’re just stapled into the preexisting story, I get it, but I’ve always liked how they’ve had little tiny moments where they drive the plot along or comment on the scene or are given certain pieces of dialogue instead of movie characters. But here they were really just standing there during all the major story beats. Man, if only Nomura knew tangled was getting a show when the game was being made, then he could have used that as an excuse for having the tangled world be like Toybox and Monstropolis and have an original plot line. Wouldn’t have saved him from what I have been told is coming up in Arendelle but hey, would have been one more interesting world.
Once you get to the Frozen world you quickly realize why the Tangled world is like this.

While Square was allowed to do more or less whatever with the other Disney worlds, the ones specifically focusing on Disney princesses were the ones Disney wanted control over.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Once you get to the Frozen world you quickly realize why the Tangled world is like this.

While Square was allowed to do more or less whatever with the other Disney worlds, the ones specifically focusing on Disney princesses were the ones Disney wanted control over.
Oh I know what the Frozen world is like. Let It Go just being stapled in one of the cut scenes, climbing up a mountain three god damn times for no real reason. Every youtuber complains about the Frozen world for good reason.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Some people probably care, but due to the combination of JK Rowling removing all pretenses of being a decent human being and how the last film sucked eggs, I am not one of those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom