• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

because of the heaters my parents setup in my room to deter the bed bugs half of my cards are visibly curled now. And I thought this week really couldn't get any worse. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So have You all seen the video the Sony Latin America channel uploaded and took down on Spider-Man?

Where it mentioned:
that all three spider-man would be coming together in this film.

And do you think it’s real, or could they have just jumped to conclusions and posted it?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Shroob Shroob
Safe to say that they are not going to gain much within the Chinese box office which is their primary market.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Angry Birds 2
Oh.

On a side note, isn't it interesting how two of the most successful video game movies are based on less popular aspects of their respective franchises? The Warcraft movie is based off the first RTS game for DOS, while Detective Pikachu is based off a 3DS spinoff and even features less iconic Pokemon populating its locales.
I dunno who that is.

looks up

2007 Postal

...there's a Postal movie? ._.
It's as crude as you would imagine. Except there's no scene where the Dude pees on people.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
On a side note, isn't it interesting how two of the most successful video game movies are based on less popular aspects of their respective franchises? The Warcraft movie is based off the first RTS game for DOS, while Detective Pikachu is based off a 3DS spinoff and even features less iconic Pokemon populating its locales.
Its not like Detective Pikachu was lacking in popular pokemon though. Charizard, Gyarados, Greninja, Mewtwo and a lesser extant Psyduck all got memorable roles in the film. They struck a really good balance between showcasing popupar pokemon whole filling the world with a variety of others to make it feel alive, which is why I think it resonated so well with even Pokemon fans who never touched the 3DS spin off.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Maybe Capcom should allow a different property to the big screen. Anyone wanna discuss ideas for a Mega Man movie? I brought up a couple thoughts before.
I've thought up an entire Capcom Cinematic Universe. I think Capcom's the big company where a Cinematic Universe would work. Nintendo has a cohesion problem, Mario and Chrom won't look quite right together, but capcom? That's all taken care of (so long as we go with Mega Man X)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Its not like Detective Pikachu was lacking in pppular pokemon though. Charizard, Gyarados, Greninja, Mewtwo and a lesser extant Psyduck all got memorable roles in the film. They struck a really good balance between showcasing popupar pokemon whole filling the world with a variety of others to make it feel alive, which is why I think it resonated so well with even Pokemon fans who never touched the 3DS spin off.
Yeah I wasn't going to ignore how it still stuck iconic Pokemon in there. Hell I think they had good reasons for choosing some less popular Pokemon: Bouffalant at a first glance seems more "otherworldly" than Tauros, while Chansey was probably harder to realize with Pokemon Company-approved realism compared to Audino.

D

Deleted member

I love how Togemon is just... yknow a cactus
Togemon_b.jpg
but then when the X-antibody is applied...
320px-Togemonx.jpg
it just puts on some (mexican?) clothes. It doesn't even change in body shape like normal X-antibody forms, it's just Togemon with clothes

D

Deleted member

Uwe Boll? Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages. And not one I missed either.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've thought up an entire Capcom Cinematic Universe. I think Capcom's the big company where a Cinematic Universe would work. Nintendo has a cohesion problem, Mario and Chrom won't look quite right together, but capcom? That's all taken care of (so long as we go with Mega Man X)
I’d rather have a classic Mega Man movie tbh.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I got the first Fire Emblem game on the Switch. It seems clear to me that I'm terrible at these games - if not for the ability to rewind turns, I would have lost my only archer and my only healer. (with the healer dying two turns after he was recruited - healers in this game can only get experience by taking damage, which doesn't bode well for them at all)

I'll try sticking with it, though, and see how it goes.
hu....huh? Metal Gear has Monster Hunter missions?
In Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, yeah.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Apparently this movie was inspired by the Monster Hunter bonus missions found in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Explains a lot.
How creatively bankrupt do you have to be to base your existing IP movie off a completely different IP?!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently this movie was inspired by the Monster Hunter bonus missions found in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Explains a lot.
> Movie is supposed to be based on a specific IP
> Isn’t actually based on the IP directly, just stuff based on it in a different IP
well this movie was going to be a train wreck from the get go.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Same here. One of my worries is the possibility of a side effect like shortened lifespans or sterilization. I'd like to get a vaccine right now but at the same time I'm uncertain of it and might wait a year which by then it's further understood and could be considered safer.

Doubt we'll get anything out of I Am Legend though and that's a good thing.
Let's hope it doesn't get that bad
Personally, even though the cinemas in my country are currently closed, I'd be better off having the option to watch films at home until it is much more safer.

I've done my sister's, I just need to get something for my parents. I'm just praying it arrives in time.
agreed. Idk about the likes of Disney, but most of these other companies are slowly realizing that streaming their big movies may become the norm for a bit...or even forever
Shroob Shroob
Marvel and DC movies about to become the only movies shown in China
I'm gonna leave this here for y'all real quick.

Don't forget the time the Silver Surfer got some propane from Hank Hill.
Batman was never gonna be good at Nintendo anyways
Seriously

View attachment 294190
How do you **** up this bad?
it isn't that hard to **** up something to get China money
So have You all seen the video the Sony Latin America channel uploaded and took down on Spider-Man?

Where it mentioned:
that all three spider-man would be coming together in this film.

And do you think it’s real, or could they have just jumped to conclusions and posted it?
seen it a day or 2 ago, but I still don't know if its legit or not (same with Spider-Man films being on Disney+). No matter how much I want those to become legit, I'll wait until we someone get an official reveal or bts pics
crazy that one of, if not the only, good video game movie is Sonic the Hedgehog.
Pikachu and Sonic, protectors of gaming movies
I got the first Fire Emblem game on the Switch. It seems clear to me that I'm terrible at these games - if not for the ability to rewind turns, I would have lost my only archer and my only healer. (with the healer dying two turns after he was recruited - healers in this game can only get experience by taking damage, which doesn't bode well for them at all)

I'll try sticking with it, though, and see how it goes.

In Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, yeah.

That's why I play casual mode on Fire Emblem games now...I can never lose my peeps

Reactions: Z25
D

Deleted member

I mean, a MonHun mode in Metal Gear doesn't even sound that weird, considering MGS2 had a skateboarding minigame. Also Metal Gear and Ape Escape crossed over multiple times in minigames as well, both in MGS3 and Ape Escape 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom