• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
also they're having a People's Vote going on rn...if you respect yourselves then obviously vote for Miles Morales to win that category

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I am currently watching a film called Johnny Mnemonic. So far the plot seems to be that Keanu Reeves is smuggling 360 GB worth of anime in his blood.
Just thought y'all would want to know that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I only had 562 calories today. To be fair, I slept and had school for a majority of the day.

Is that healthy?

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I had my wisdom teeth removed the very first day of December...

Basically been catching up on movies and assorted TV shows to pass time before I am back to normal. Tomorrow, I think I'll try watching a more than 2 hour film. What it is I never decide until I decide "okay I'll watch a movie".

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On top of animated classics. I've been also getting back into the phase of rewatching giant monster films. Ones I'll be watching again are

Gorgo
Kong: Skull Island
Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Godzilla (1954)
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla

To list a few.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i remember hearing somewhere that comic book movies were generally considered bad until a top tier movie made them credible (I think it was either Spider Man 1 or X-Man 1, don't remember which)

we're just waiting on one of those for video games, that makes other companies go "maybe we should put effort into these". Sonic might've been it, we might be waiting on it, we'll just have to wait and see.

D

Deleted member

Dang, Capcom must not be feeling it. They got leaked really hard, and now their movie based on the most popular series, Monster Hunter, was an extreme humiliation.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am currently watching a film called Johnny Mnemonic. So far the plot seems to be that Keanu Reeves is smuggling 360 GB worth of anime in his blood.
Just thought y'all would want to know that.
I could maybe see a small amount being able to be stored in the body but 360 GB? No way in hell you can store that in a container that could even be put into your body, let alone your bloodstream.

D

Deleted member

Please tell me 2020 was just some nightmare, and I am waking up at December 2019, and that 2020 will be an amazing year.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm realizing the possibility in Marvel doing a full blown cosmos level reboot/change in the comics, going back to having merely 1 singular world for the main universe

with cosmos 1-6 being devoted and Galactus being the only survivor of the last one, as well as the current Thor comics having big teases about the future (hell even Spider-Man possibly killing the curse known as One More Day), we may end up with a whole ass reboot to the 616

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can only imagine how Capcom plans on responding to this...
So far, they've distanced themselves from the movie and have said they're reporting it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see further damage control though. There's already been review bombing with World on Steam over the past day and I imagine they want to get ahead of it before next year with Rise on the horizon.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I could be overthinking the whole Marvel reboot thing...but DC almost got away with a reboot of sorts themselves

D

Deleted member

Any tips to remove my pessimism and my doomerism that plagues me right now?

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
The lesson for all of us at the end of 2020...never again write plans in ink, well, except for reminders on paying bills and rent. I had marked a number of trip reminders on my calendar at the end of last year, only for life to make me even more of a bonehead than I already was. Fingers crossed we'll all be in a much better situation at this point next year.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wasn't going to buy any games this month but I ended up caving. My local general store had both Xenoblade Chronicles DE and Mario Tennis Aces new on clearance for $18 each.

Not a Mario sports fan but I've heard nothing but good things. Also already have XC on the Wii but have never played it. At those prices though it's hard to resist. :takeit:

They also had Star Allies on clearance too but was sold out sadly.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wasn't going to buy any games this month but I ended up caving. My local general store had both Xenoblade Chronicles DE and Mario Tennis Aces new on clearance for $18 each.

Not a Mario sports fan but I've heard nothing but good things. Also already have XC on the Wii but have never played it. At those prices though it's hard to resist. :takeit:

They also had Star Allies on clearance too but was sold out sadly.
Aces is an extremely well made and fun arcade sports game, but I have to admit it suffers from having a really bland aesthetic. The story mode is super fun, though. That's a really good price for it, though: Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:
Reactions: ---
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom