• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Go for a walk, get off your devices, get off social media, write a book, end world hunger, there's plenty of things you can do!
If only it was that easy to get off the internet.
Writing a book is something I plan to do. Reading is also important, and I want to study a new language, but man, studying a new language is difficult.
DRINK SOME DAMN WATER!!! 💧😏
Wow, you just got me with my thing I love to say a lot. Nice.
Yes, I am drinking water.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk about the rest of y’all, but I’m copping P5S on that Switch despite the long loading ****s (if I can get through MUA3 then I can get through this)

and here’s a Persona meme you will tolerate
626EC29B-D253-46A7-8D06-16B9BFF79F09.jpeg
I don’t think the memes about Joker being a player will be appropriate here so I’ll let it slide for now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's being done by the director of Kong: Skull Island who I even recall is a fan of the series. I'm certain it's gonna be faithful to its source material.
At the same time, for a fan, he seemed to miss the point from what I've heard, not liking how Snake is old in MGS4 and trying to pretend the series is extremely hetero, not to mention that if they want to use military vehicles and weaponry for realism, the DoD gets to rewrite the script how they please, not exactly a good sign for a franchise that's incredibly anti-military

D

Deleted member

Wow, 2020 has really made me question the meaning of life, and what is life.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why does every one have the same damn, slightly altered, avatar on literally everything. I’m sick of that thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I must forever question the clothing choices of both normal and shadow Sae Niijima...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagine, final Street Fighter V Presentation

An ordinary Buisness Man is typing at his desk

a crash is heard outside, his colleagues are pointing out the window, someone is being mugged by multiple armed thugs.

one of the workers turns around and sees that the businessman has vanished, his chair spinning in circles

A shadow takes out the thugs until there is one left.

"Where are you!?!" He shouts!

"Right here!" is heard as the shadow steps into the light, revealing....

SKULLOMANIA

Gameplay gameplay gameplay gameplay

Street Fighter V Season 5 banner

The character portraits all settle in on the character select screen, you will notice that there is a 6th blank spot on the screen

cut to black

Nothing else follows

But everyone knows what it means

Are you not HYPED!?!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The stuff in the Monster Hunter film is kind of ****ed up. It's like the complete opposite of Fist of Fury dealing with the "Sick Men of Asia" insults that were going on at the time, with Lee breaking the sign that says it in the film.

i remember hearing somewhere that comic book movies were generally considered bad until a top tier movie made them credible (I think it was either Spider Man 1 or X-Man 1, don't remember which)

we're just waiting on one of those for video games, that makes other companies go "maybe we should put effort into these". Sonic might've been it, we might be waiting on it, we'll just have to wait and see.
Sorta. The Tim Burton Batman movies are fondly remembered and did well. Blade was pretty successful too, being the first major success of a superhero movie that was R-Rated and had a Black lead, before either Deadpool or Black Panther.

Though Spider-Man and X-Men are also pretty early success stories for the modern Superhero films.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
man I have a habit of talking myself into these things don’t I. But I REALLY want Solid Snake in Street Fighter V now.
Wait, does Street Fighter even do crossovers with series that aren't just other Capcom fighting games?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wait, does Street Fighter even does crossovers with series that aren't just other Capcom fighting games?
There’s a first time for everything. Literally every series that currently does it, didn’t do it for a lot of their history. But face facts. Guest characters sell buckets.

And if you really wanna get technical about it, Street Fighter x Tekken had Cole MacGrath and the Sony Cats in it so, there you go. Precedent.

D

Deleted member

Didn't EVO make a dumb mistake by hyping Snake for Tekken, which led to nothing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Unpopular Opinion but I thought the first Resident Evil film was good. It felt distinct enough for it to have its own identity without pushing fan service in your face to make it part of Resident Evil. All the others weren't that good.
First film felt like an honest attempt.

The other films felt like a fanfiction. If I recall correctly, the director's wife is one of the main actors and she is, of course, so badass it makes Jill look like a wuss.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember seeing the first three RE films. First one was nice. Second one I somewhat liked. Third one felt like "Wait, aren't we missing an entire arc of how the world is practically destroyed?" and just felt out there. If it was the fourth movie, I probably would've liked it better.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Didn't EVO make a dumb mistake by hyping Snake for Tekken, which led to nothing?
I do recall David Hayter calling them out.

So far, they've distanced themselves from the movie and have said they're reporting it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see further damage control though. There's already been review bombing with World on Steam over the past day and I imagine they want to get ahead of it before next year with Rise on the horizon.
It does make me wonder what went on during the test screenings which I heard it was rather negative and how exactly did they not pick and cut that dialogue out of the film?

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yup. Basically, EVO used a voice clip of Snake referring to Tekken for a joke. While the line was recorded by David Hayter for a streamer, it was never intended to actually be used for Tekken's marketing. This risked breaking David Hayter's contract with the folks behind Metal Gear, basically. His contract stated he couldn't promote other games as Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom