• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
When will these stupid movie studios and game companies ever get it through their skulls...video game movies will NEVER EVER be good. They need to be banned from making video games movies now and forever.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When will these stupid movie studios and game companies ever get it through their skulls...video game movies will NEVER EVER be good. They need to be banned from making video games movies now and forever.
>Detective Pikachu, Angry Birds 2, and Sonic the Hedgehog have joined that chat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like how X antibody is Digimon but edgy.
I wouldn't exactly call them edgy... pretty much all of the X-antibody carriers(specifically the natural ones, ones who were born or made with the X-antibody inside them by default) are just the regular digimon with more digital looking designs(or in the case of Dorumon, looks exactly the same), while non-natural carrier digimon often completely change both body and shape(the most notable example is Gotsumon to Gotsumon X IMO)Just look at the comparison between Dukemon and Dukemon X(technically a non-natural carrier although Medieval Dukemon is listed as a natural carrier for whatever reason)
200px-Dukemon_fortune2.jpg
f22b758e70a933c8b07636e045b3586d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's less of "they can't be good" and more of "they haven't been good" if you ask me. Even then I do think some have been good.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

A mercenary team that is hunted by a regular lioness?

Seriously? I mean I'm a sucker for killer creature flicks even if it's starring Megan Fox but this had the potential to be one on an African cryptid like the Mngwa, Nandi Bear, or better yet the Grootslang. That at least would have made sense. Missed potential there because we need more cryptid movies on lesser-known ones.

Still gonna give it a look eventually being the sucker I am for creature features.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My favorite X-Antibody is still MetalTyrannomon. The image makes it look almost like a WereWolf. Though in this cause it's practically a WereDinosaur.

BTW, @Bakugan2556 That is indeed a picture of MachGaogamon in Arcanir profile picture~

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You act like that Detective Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies, and Rampage don't exist.

There can be good video game movies. They just gotta have the right directors and writers.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently this movie was inspired by the Monster Hunter bonus missions found in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Explains a lot.
.............. :skull:

You know, I was joking about movie basing itself on Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker's missions rather than actual Monster Hunter when the trailer first came out......and yet 2020 continues to show how statements that aren't to be taken seriously and sarcasm are more accurate than common frickin' sense.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Honestly, just because people's expectations for the MH movie was already low doesn't mean you should set the bar lower.

Someone should've took a look at that script.

Arcanir Arcanir Am I seeing things or is that MachGaogamon as your pfp?
Sorry for not posting earlier. Yes it is, got it from one of the new cards revealed recently.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Professor Layton and Phoenix wright awkwardly stand in the corner as good videogame movies that nobody talks about

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Unpopular Opinion but I thought the first Resident Evil film was good. It felt distinct enough for it to have its own identity without pushing fan service in your face to make it part of Resident Evil. All the others weren't that good.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I remember watching the Chun Li Street Fighter movie many years ago and I thought it was pretty good.

I knew nothing of Street Fighter back then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Chun Li movie was meh to me, but I found the original Street Fighter, like a lot of Fighting Game movies decent, but fun and cheesy.

Like, Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is an awful movie overall, but it's fun as hell. Mostly cause they failed to really use the extreme amount of characters thrown in. Sheeva didn't even get a dang battle in. Rain didn't either, but got a much better Stage Fatality than having a cage dropped on 'em. Jax's arc was still nice, showing that inner strength is more important than just upgrading alone. A true brutality, while also showing off Motaro being weak to combos like in the game(though didn't properly show him being invincible to all projectiles). Smoke being combined with Sektor was silly. But you could barely do much with the character with Scorpion already there. Which is a problem with the cloneish gameplay. The soundtrack was awesome, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another video game movie y'all forgetting.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge.

Such a kick-*** adrenaline non-stop action ride this movie was. Very faithful to its source material.

Aside from the way Sonya treated Johnny which I thought was unnecessary.

As I would put this film.

A flawless victory in other words a flawless film.

If the upcoming live-action film can't live up to this. There's something very wrong then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My favorite X-Antibody is still MetalTyrannomon. The image makes it look almost like a WereWolf. Though in this cause it's practically a WereDinosaur.

BTW, @Bakugan2556 That is indeed a picture of MachGaogamon in Arcanir profile picture~
Out of all of them I really like the Guilmon X line... really like how it takes Guilmon's design and smoothes it out a bit(and Dukemon X looks amazing)
Guilmon_X_b.jpg
Growlmon_X_b.jpg
WarGrowlmon_X_b.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
both a reply to a backfired comment and a ratio...damn

D

Deleted member

Sorry for not posting earlier. Yes it is, got it from one of the new cards revealed recently.
oh damn that's official art? Just from the cropped version it looked a bit uncanny(too used to the anime look with minimal facial hair) but looking at the full picture it doesn't give off that feeling.

Really need to start paying attention to the Digimon TCG stuff but I've been caught up in all my current tcgs I haven't had the time(and this is when I only actively play 2 of them to any level of competitiveness, unlike a few months ago when I was invested in all 4)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
You act like that Detective Pikachu, Sonic the Hedgehog, Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies, and Rampage don't exist.

There can be good video game movies. They just gotta have the right directors and writers.
My take on this topic: if they're going to make a Splatoon movie, then I don't care what they do with it as long as they canonize :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: as platonic BFFs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Out of all of them I really like the Guilmon X line... really like how it takes Guilmon's design and smoothes it out a bit(and Dukemon X looks amazing)
View attachment 294229View attachment 294230View attachment 294231
That reminds me. I still gotta edit GigaSeadramon into a custom Digimon named DoubloSeadramon. A pun on Doubloon and Double-O, so being a spy. I don't remember if you saw me talk about my various evolutions for the Dark Masters. The others are OrichaPuppetmon, GeldMachinedramon, and ValorPiedmon. They're all golden ones via the Xros Wars/Fusion design.
orichapuppetmon.png
This is what I have for OrichaPuppetmon so far.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do do do do do, don't mind me, just sitting here, playing Street Fighter and...

View attachment 294215

In a recent leak, Persona 5 Strikers, the Persona 5 Warriors spin-off was revealed for a worldwide release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam. [Thanks Wario64!] While the trailer was pulled, ATLUS West has posted an announcement on Twitter for December 8th, 2020, where presumably, the official announcement for Persona 5 Strikers will show up.

Persona 5 Strikers, titled Persona 5 Scramble in Japan, is already available in Japan on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, will launch worldwide on February 23rd, 2021 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam.

Author's Note: Are you excited for this bizarre spin-off? Of all the franchises that have joined Dynasty Warriors crossover fame - Attack on Titan, Dragon Quest Heroes, Hyrule Warriors, One Piece, Berserk, Fire Emblem, and more, I never thought that Persona would be the next in line. Even with all the crossover jokes. Let us know in the comments below!
**** YEAAH!!!!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My take on this topic: if they're going to make a Splatoon movie, then I don't care what they do with it as long as they canonize :ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy: as platonic BFFs.
Splatoon is one of the franchises where I think its work best as an animated movie.

I can't imagine how it would look in live action. shudders

D

Deleted member

Dang, they are not missing with episodes. This one was very interesting.

It was very nice to see Boba Fett make a return. Honestly, I kind of forgot who that other woman was, if anyone could fill me up. I might remember her, as she was in Season 1.

The Mandalorian lost his cool jetpack, which is a shame. Did it go to Boba Fett?

I really liked how Mando and Boba Fett are now allies, trying to protect Grogu. Speaking of Grogu... He actually got captured. It is quite sad, but very interesting. I am wondering what the empire is going to do with him, but my guess is that they're probably going to use his DNA to make the Palpatine clones.

One thing to note is that Grogu finished his force message thing. We're definitely seeing a Jedi return. It is going to either be Luke or Ezra.

Very amazing episode, just like the last one.

Shroob

Sup?
Dang, they are not missing with episodes. This one was very interesting.

It was very nice to see Boba Fett make a return. Honestly, I kind of forgot who that other woman was, if anyone could fill me up. I might remember her, as she was in Season 1.

The Mandalorian lost his cool jetpack, which is a shame. Did it go to Boba Fett?

I really liked how Mando and Boba Fett are now allies, trying to protect Grogu. Speaking of Grogu... He actually got captured. It is quite sad, but very interesting. I am wondering what the empire is going to do with him, but my guess is that they're probably going to use his DNA to make the Palpatine clones.

One thing to note is that Grogu finished his force message thing. We're definitely seeing a Jedi return. It is going to either be Luke or Ezra.

Very amazing episode, just like the last one.
They finally brought Boba Fett back after his stupid 'death' in Return? **** yeah.

D

Deleted member

This has been one hell of a week, but at least it's over right. right?

I swear to god if this somehow gets any worse...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Shroob Shroob
What? I am very confused.

I believe Monster Hunter was directed towards the Chinese people, so what could they do that was racist?

Is this satire?

Shroob

Sup?
What? I am very confused.

I believe Monster Hunter was directed towards the Chinese people, so what could they do that was racist?

Is this satire?
No, in one of the earliest scenes in the movie two jabronis are on a jeep.

The one in the back, who is Chinese mind you, asks the guy in the front what kind of knees he has.

He responds with "What", and the guy in the back says "Chi-knees."

In China, and Japan, this term is written to imply someone is under your knees, aka, they're lower than dirt. They effectively called their audience Lower than Dirt.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So the reason Persona strikers took as long as it did was because of the steam port? You know besides the obvious other reasons.

D

Deleted member

No, in one of the earliest scenes in the movie two jabronis are on a jeep.

The one in the back, who is Chinese mind you, asks the guy in the front what kind of knees he has.

He responds with "What", and the guy in the back says "Chi-knees."

In China, and Japan, this term is written to imply someone is under your knees, aka, they're lower than dirt. They effectively called their audience Lower than Dirt.
Okay, that's yikes. My goodness.

D

Deleted member

The joke's already kinda yikes, but then then you kind of have to take into consideration the cultural implication in the Asian market what that phrase means(Lower than dirt), which is a double yikes.
Literally my face right now: 😐

Seriously, how do you mess up THAT HORRIBLY? On an enormous series like Monster Hunter?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oh, man, I haven't seen her do fanart in a very long time. A cute genderswapped Guilty along with the rest. Maybe I should ask her to do a full set of all the game's bosses within both games at some point(Solvaring, Zelse, Nepty, Shilf, Guilty(the ones who first appear in this tweet), Fargo, Beigis, Mammon, Tim, Lavaar, Kiliac, Dragon, and Leonardo. Possibly the mini-bosses in Winged Sunfish, Kobold, and Goblin too?).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
TGA got themselves a little bit of a trailer to build up some hype
Yusuke is the only person from Persona 5 Royal to get important screentime in this

D

Deleted member

This is me.

SERIOUSLY, HOW DO YOU **** UP THAT HORRIBLY??? IT IS SO CRINGEWORTHY, ARRRGHHHHH.

IS THIS SOME KIND OF TWISTED JOKE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom