• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tekknically, yes. That person is me.
First of all, I'm operating under the assumption that the final Season 4 character is from Yakuza. Could be Kiryu. Could be Majima. Could be the new guy. Who knows. Just that it's a guest character from Yakuza.

Another thing is that it comes with a revamp of arcade mode. Ladder now lasts for 8 fights, each character gets an ending cutscene, and sub-boss rival fights make a return before you fight Heihachi and Kazumi. Note: Playing as Heihachi replaces his fight with one against Kazuya. Same for if you are playing as Kazumi, her fight is replaced with a Kazuya encounter.

And now, the characters themselves. Bringing in five of them this time.
  1. Alex Rogers: A revamp of the concept behind Alex and Roger, this guy is a new super warrior constructed from fight data and DNA gathered from both characters. A KangaRaptor, if you will. He does have pallet swap costumes that turn him into regular old Alex and Roger though.
  2. Angel Jun: What do you do when you are personally interested in seeing two kind of mediocre characters with dubious cannon status come back? Combine them. This is Jun Kazama returned from the afterlife as an Angel to try to help her baby boy Jin redeem himself. All the tricks of Jun and all the tricks of Angel, with some changes to make her a tad more interesting.
  3. Kimmy: Remember the scrapped Giant Praying Mantis character from Tekken 3? That is this. Born of the same animal experimentation that created Alex, Roger, and Alex Rogers. And thus, she shares a similar naming convention.
  4. Pac-Man: Pac-Man riding in a Mokujin Mech just like he did in SFxT, but using the Smash design for the Pac himself instead of the Ghostly Adventures design. This one could eadily be replaced with any of a billion guest characters, I myself am also partial to Billy/Jimmy from Double Dragon and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, but this is the one I like the most.
  5. Ancient Ogre: Returning as a secret boss in Arcade Mode and a Playable Character. I just really like Ogre. How is he alive again? IDK. Magic? Mishima Zaibatsu science? I don't know, and I really don't care. I just want to play as Ogre again. True Ogre is used as a Rage Art transformation like Devil Kazuya.

D

Deleted member

Yesterday I had enough money to buy a 25€ or less priced Game, so I bought an eShop gift card and got No More Heroes 1
20201205_210001.jpg

Already completed the first level and so far I feel It is living up to all the hype the Game has online.

I also got 600 Golden Points after purchasing It so I said "sure, why not" and grabbed that new Fire Emblem port.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently one of those empty days...Not even a walk with the dogs could brighten things up...Especially on the month of Christmas. :glare:

I probably blame the cloudy weather. Gotta try to keep the holiday spirit up no matter what.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've, hypothetically, done your exact instructions but I'm getting this message.View attachment 294282
What do I need to do? Brawl's ISO is installed and set to default m
Hmm... I tried a few tests to replicate your screen but I'm not sure.

Looking at the read me, there's one thing I might have forgotten to tell you:
SD Card Path should direct to the SD.raw within PMEX Remix 0.8.5b [Dolphin Download]\PMEX Remix [Dolphin]\Config\User\Wii
Try that

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is the Christmas gift that I bought for my youngest brother:

It's an S.H.MonsterArts figure of Nargacuga from the Monster Hunter series. He's a huge fan of MH so I think that he'll really get a kick out of it.
Looks quite cool.

May have to look more into that S.H.MonsterArts line, maybe I find something which interests me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Christmas is haunted by Shido and the Underground

D

Deleted member

Woah, they have a really great-looking M.O.G.U.E.R.A figure in that Monsterarts line

42d1d736d71d0a73ab91cef59980a374.jpg

Kinda expensive doh, so I would have to save money for It.

Fair warning, S.H Figuarts tend to be pretty pricey, most of the ones I bought retailed for about 50 euros and those were much simplier and likely cheaper molds too
Really good to know then Gwen.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Since Hwang was the last character for the second pass of SoulCalibur VI, let's say they announce a third pass, which characters do you think should be in there?
I would love It if they added one SEGA character, after all the rumours about a Yakuza character in Tekkén popped in.

If I had to choose one I would either go for Sakura Amamiya or Joe Musashi.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would love It if they added one SEGA character, after all the rumours about a Yakuza character in Tekkén popped in.

If I had to pick a SEGA character, and Persona didn't count (Joker or Yu in SoulCalibur 6 please), I would go with Alis from Phantasy Zone
Since Hwang was the last character for the second pass of SoulCalibur VI, let's say they announce a third pass, which characters do you think should be in there?
In terms of SoulCalibur Original Characters, Lizardman, Dhampierre, and NECRO (Necro most of all). In terms of guest characters? I have a few ideas. They could do Sora, or Cloud, or Samurai Jack, or Avatar Aang, or Simon Belmont, or Alucard, or a Monster Hunter.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Interesting choices on the guest characters. The Soul series always has an interesting array of guest characters.

Anyways, if there are any characters that I predict could be within the third pass, I would like to see Li Long make a long awaited comeback (in similar fashion to Hwang and maybe retool him), perhaps Hong Yun-Seoung and maybe Acht?

Bring back my boy Link.
The GameCube version of SoulCalibur II which had Link was what got me into the SoulCalibur series in the first place. It would be nice to see a port of SoulCalibur VI for the Switch and if there were any other guest characters besides Link, I would opt for someone from the Fire Emblem series.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Tried slippi melee for the first time ever.

It's fun. The connection was surprisingly good, since the friend I was playing with lives in Minnesota and has a crappy router.

Although, I will admit this game is real tough. I think the thing tripping me up the most is tap jump not being able to be turned off. Even still, it was a lotta fun.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd be pretty surprised. They mentioned that unlike Tekken 7 which has sold more than 6 million copies, they barely expected a Season 2 for SC6. Though if I had to give vague guesses, 1 guest character, Lizardman and maybe Rock getting the Hwang treatment and getting a heavy re-design to make him more flashy.

That said, this current season style of releases for both better and worse, is thanks to Killer Instinct, but I don't think I see many people mention that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Interesting choices on the guest characters. The Soul series always has an interesting array of guest characters.

Anyways, if there are any characters that I predict could be within the third pass, I would like to see Li Long make a long awaited comeback (in similar fashion to Hwang and maybe retool him), perhaps Hong Yun-Seoung and maybe Acht?

The GameCube version of SoulCalibur II which had Link was what got me into the SoulCalibur series in the first place. It would be nice to see a port of SoulCalibur VI for the Switch and if there were any other guest characters besides Link, I would opt for someone from the Fire Emblem series.
I want them to do a port of SoulCalibur 2 HD Online for Switch where they bring back Link. Making the switch version the only way to play SC2 with the COMPLETE roster. Link, Heihachi, and Spawn. All of them.

As for a port of 6 on the Switch, I would prefer Pit to a FE character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom