• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Since Hwang was the last character for the second pass of SoulCalibur VI, let's say they announce a third pass, which characters do you think should be in there?
As others have said, there's a surprising amount of potential Sega guests who would fit decently in the world of Soul Calibur. Either one of the Sakuras (most likely without the mechs of course), Joe Musashi/Hotsuma/Hibana/etc, Alis, Vyse, maybe like a Shining Force character or somebody from Panzer Dragoon, or the centurion from Altered Beast if they wanna get real weird with it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well something is stuck in my car's air conditioning fan and making a ruckus.

At least it's not a dead mouse stuck in there like last time (boy, did that create a foul odor in my car)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, slippi melee depth chart time!

Tried and true: :falcomelee:
Might be my new main, depending: :mariomelee::marthmelee:
Would consider maining, depending on how things went: :pikachumelee::ganondorfmelee::luigimelee::linkmelee:

I love Ness, but not in this game. He's too unwieldy with his recovery here, and he's so much slower in Melee than any other smash game.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera
My friend, how is No More Heroes???
I am finding the Game really fun.

The game's combat is more interesting than I was expecting, the cutscenes can be quite entertaining and the first boss at least was a fair but really strong challenge (which hopefully keeps being that way with the Next ones) and all that without talking about the cool music.

I feel all the hype there is behind this Game online is 100% justified, and when I finish It I may replay It in the harder difficulty and after that jump into No More Heroes 1.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Dragon Quest:
An RPG series whos popularity is overshadowed by that of Final Fantasy and Pokemon.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I am finding the Game really fun.

The game's combat is more interesting than I was expecting, the cutscenes can be quite entertaining and the first boss at least was a fair but really strong challenge (which hopefully keeps being that way with the Next ones) and all that without talking about the cool music.

I feel all the hype there is behind this Game online is 100% justified, and when I finish It I may replay It in the harder difficulty and after that jump into No More Heroes 1.
Be sure to get the sequel whenever you can. Amazing sequel.

Right now I'm playing Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.

D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest:
An RPG series whos popularity is overshadowed by that of Final Fantasy and Pokemon.
I sometimes feel that besides lack of marketing, It also hurted that they had to change the original name in the West to Dragon Warrior and that they didn't use the Akira Toriyama boxart for It.

But idk, maybe there were even more factors than that.

Be sure to get the sequel whenever you can. Amazing sequel.

Right now I'm playing Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes.
My plan as of now is to at least get to play No More Heroes 1 and 2 (Will see if there's time for Travis Strikes Again) before No More Heroes 3 releases, so I can be Up to date with the potential timeline of the series.

D

Deleted member

In the west, it's getting trampled on by Final Fantasy and Pokemon. Mostly the latter.
I would not say "trampled". Final Fantasy and Pokémon are like the two most massive RPG series of all time. Dragon Quest is definitely the third. But considering there are SO many iconic RPGs out there, and Dragon Quest is known to be the father of RPGS or JRPGs, I would say Dragon Quest is in an amazing spot compared to other RPGs and JRPGs.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My plan as of now is to at least get to play No More Heroes 1 and 2 (Will see if there's time for Travis Strikes Again) before No More Heroes 3 releases, so I can be Up to date with the potential timeline of the series.
Travis Strikes Again takes place between 2 & 3 in the timeline if you want to expand your horizon.

However, since it's a spin-off game with a plot that is a rather big departure from the previous games, I don't know how much of that game will be referenced in NMH3.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Regginator joins The Game Awards once again!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I hear the sam and max remaster was censored. That sucks. They cut jokes, recast characters and generally sanitized the product from what i hear.

So. Not sam and max.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I hear the sam and max remaster was censored. That sucks. They cut jokes, recast characters and generally sanitized the product from what i hear.

So. Not sam and max.
I've heard it's only Bosco that's been censored by changing who voices him and the wording in his dialog. The new voice actor sucks BTW.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I've heard it's only Bosco that's been censored by changing who voices him and the wording in his dialog. The new voice actor sucks BTW.
I know. Dialog was altered. One joke about clearing out college students was removed, and most of boscos were cut. It is a shame.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Still a good remaster otherwise.
Sam and max. Disney addition. Where things that were not offensive are removed. Like lilo hiding in the pizza box. They removed a joke about bosco being called sissy pants also. The series existed for its humor. Just bland it up. I hate to see how they tackle season 2. The jokes were "worse".

D

Deleted member

Speaking of writing, I would love to write a story.

I am great at starting at the surface, where I make the plans and ideas. But when I start writing, I just tend to take a break, and completely stop.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Currently debating whether I should sell my soles to the Devil to score me one of those, as the kids would say, minty fresh PlayStation 5’s Atari VCS’

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...Yeah so I looked into the sam and max situation. Guess I was misinformed about just how bad the censorship actually is.

Why am I not surprised that a game that I was actually hyped for tanked somehow? Pretty sure this is the fifth game in a row that went from hype to disappointment for me.

I'm not pissed. But I sure as hell ain't happy.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
* Scratches head *

Now I'm really not sure. Does your configure settings look something like this?

View attachment 294332
Yeah. The only thing I can think of is my Brawl ISO maybe being messed up, but I don't exactly like the idea of waiting another 12 hours for it to download

EDIT: does it matter if it's a nkit.iso or a regular ISo? My Brawl is the former.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Actually, changing my subject. I just learned Elliot page has tranisitioned. This is a serious question. I am curious about his older filmography. Will the credits of older movies be updated? I know he was famous for juno, which was made before the tranisition. What usually happens. I know wikis, articles and other media are updated. Are movies and games done the same? I saw on wiki citing his dead name in a note. Will movies do that? Never thought about this before and i know others will have a better understanding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Nintendo's aware that they ****ed up by shutting The Big House at the expense of ruining relations with the Splatoon community.

On a roll.
May you please explain what you mean? They cancelled Splatoon, just because Melee was a thorn to their side?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom