• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

AMC dying before superhero movies get near death...haha to that also they really need to stop being so petty at these studios trying to actually get people to watch their movies
Someone's getting desperate! Someone's getting desperate!

Seriously, it's their films. Whether you like it or not, it's up to them to decide what to do with them.

D

Deleted member

AMC dying before superhero movies get near death...haha to that also they really need to stop being so petty at these studios trying to actually get people to watch their movies
Of course that assumes people will actually get the vaccine. From what I've seen there's a huge host of skepticism around, which, while I do agree with, means getting herd immunity will be nigh impossible(which is the entire point)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Someone's getting desperate! Someone's getting desperate!

Seriously, it's their films. Whether you like it or not, it's up to them to decide what to do with them.
exactly. AMC is trying too hard to keep alive, but are also pushing away big movie companies without realizing how dumb they're being
Of course that assumes people will actually get the vaccine. From what I've seen there's a huge host of skepticism around, which, while I do agree with, means getting herd immunity will be nigh impossible(which is the entire point)
I know I'll take a vaccine (ya know...it it both works and doesn't have any sort of negative effects...not trying to become The Lizard), but the possibility in others not wanting it wouldn't be unsurprising. WarnerMedia is playing 10D chess right now, and streaming movies may as well become the new norm for even the biggest of flicks

D

Deleted member

I'm having a doomer episode. No, it has nothing to do with anything in SmashBoards. It is just the world. I'm losing hope in my goals and views.

I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Word of advice:

Git Gud at Traditional Art to git better at Digital Art!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm one of the few who's digital art is much worse than the paper art.

We exist
I feel mine is decent, but it’s really simplistic. Sometimes I’ll put more effort into shading and using different tools and stuff, but it still looks simplistic and maybe a little off, though it still looks good so I finish it up. I also feel better with paper and pencil, I feel like I can control a pencil or pen better than a mouse.

Maybe a drawing pad would be good, I think my Dad is getting me one for my birthday or Christmas. Maybe how I feel with a mouse is partly just me being lazy, though. Kinda hard to make accurate lines with it though, gotta hit undo a lot...and it’s a gaming mouse I think, Alienware, so...

Those artists who can make very detailed fan art of a newly announced/revealed thing or character in just a few hours, or at least less than a day, both amaze and astound me.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Word of advice:

Git Gud at Traditional Art to git better at Digital Art!
I will say that drawing on a tablet as made me somewhat better at drawing on paper.

Still, erasing lines on paper just freakin' suck, so what I draw on paper is more like a rough idea of what I will draw later digitally.

Both options have their pro & cons, but digitally just as way more pro for me than traditional, but if some folks feel the opposite, that's fine, cool even! Not everyone work the same way.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
You don't know true suffering until you'e drawn with a touchpad.
I’ve seen a person working on an awesome Mario render say they use a touchpad; the small one on a laptop.

As I said in my previous post, they both amaze and astound me.

I gotta git gud, and stop letting my confidence in my art skills drop.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Y'all take care of your Christmas shopping yet?

I plan to order most of my gifts online but I might take a peek in a few stores and see if I can find some nice stuff there.

D

Deleted member

It is real doomer hours. I'm going to take a nap soon. I hope everyone is doing well.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Meh. I go to Regal Theaters anyway, and they're currently closed.

D

Deleted member

I plan to order most of my gifts online but I might take a peek in a few stores and see if I can find some nice stuff there.
Already got everything done now, which is good. Just need to wrap it.

D

Deleted member

I know I'll take a vaccine (ya know...it it both works and doesn't have any sort of negative effects...not trying to become The Lizard), but the possibility in others not wanting it wouldn't be unsurprising.
I'm of the opinion that while the vaccine in most likelyhood will be safe, I'm not entirely sure if it's the right move for me(who is probably as far away as possible in both literal and figurative terms of danger) and if nothing else I would at least wait for the high-risk people to get one first. Better they do than I.

I'm not against getting it immediately though, just skeptical.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm of the opinion that while the vaccine in most likelyhood will be safe, I'm not entirely sure if it's the right move for me(who is probably as far away as possible in both literal and figurative terms of danger) and if nothing else I would at least wait for the high-risk people to get one first. Better they do than I.

I'm not against getting it immediately though, just skeptical.
pretty much the same feeling. I wanna know it's fully safe to use

D

Deleted member

What is going on with all of these monoliths?

Who the hell is making these, and why?

D

Deleted member

We have strayed too far from the light.
I honestly could have posted some MUCH worse stuff but for a one-time gag I figured it would be funny if I pulled a Mamboo, cause I remembered that that suit existed, curse and all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How cool would it be if, in the event the final Street Fighter V character is a Fighting EX Layer character, we got a new "Street Fighter EX" route in Arcade Mode.
Looks like Steven Universe will forever live as anti-racism PSAs.

I would link the tweets, but people are malding and seething about it on Twitter, and I don't wanna hear it over here. So go find them yourself, it's on their social media pages.
Man a Steven Universe Fighting Game would rock. He, I made a pun.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I have a question that I hope someone knows the answer too because I can't figure it out. I have the physical edition of Ultra Street Fighter 4, so how many of the DLC costumes do I have an which ones do I still need to buy?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
pretty much the same feeling. I wanna know it's fully safe to use
Same here. One of my worries is the possibility of a side effect like shortened lifespans or sterilization. I'd like to get a vaccine right now but at the same time I'm uncertain of it and might wait a year which by then it's further understood and could be considered safer.

Doubt we'll get anything out of I Am Legend though and that's a good thing.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Personally, even though the cinemas in my country are currently closed, I'd be better off having the option to watch films at home until it is much more safer.

I've done my sister's, I just need to get something for my parents. I'm just praying it arrives in time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I now own my own collection of silverware.

For reference, I was borrowing my last set of silverware. So now I own all of my dishes and silverware.

We're getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom