• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just

Don’t involve yourself with the discourse about the game’s quality and dev times and trees and etc.

You’ll be fineprobably.
The scene I'm probably most interested in covering is fan games and ROM hacks and that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Might just focus on randomizers, they tend to not get on Nintendo's radar. :073:

If nothing else, Nuzlocke series should be safe. I think.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The scene I'm probably most interested in covering is fan games and ROM hacks and that opens up a whole other can of worms.

Might just focus on randomizers, they tend to not get on Nintendo's radar. :073:

If nothing else, Nuzlocke series should be safe. I think.
Goodie good. Need any advice, just summon one of us cool Pokemon kids. 😎

But yeah, jokes aside, good luck

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokemon fans don't to creator/director worshop, they do the opposite.

I wonder if Masuda regrets taking the helm of Pokemon.
I do worship Sugimori a bit. Definitely one of my favorite artists. Sadly he seems to be less and less in control of the games as is the Japanese corporate ladder style. Not that I dislike the newer characters and designs mind you, but I do miss his classic style. I wish he would post more random art samples at times.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think if I were to somehow perfect the artstyle I want to make, it'd have to be 1 part Action Anime and 1 part American Comic Book. Which now that I think of it, sounds a little like Joe Mad. Gotta get better at reaching that for sure.

And to improve my background game as well.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Got back from Eternals.

My opinion is mixed but the more I think about it. The more I just didn't like it. Didn't hate it though.

Especially when this whole time it was the Eternals that helped advanced humanity rather then ourselves on our own thus making us unable to fend for ourselves and helpless and useless.

And the fact Kingo just ******* out from the final battle like a wimp.

None of the characters really showed any emotion, they were bland for the most part, when they tried emotion it just felt artificial.

Also was Starfox aka Ero, Thanos' brother really like that in the comics, depicted as this goofy guy?

Either way, definitely not one of the worst movies this year but just comes across as more disappointing alongside Mortal Kombat (2021) and Army of the Dead.
That's kinda of a shame that you didn't enjoyed the film.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not sure if an unpopular opinion but

At least with theatrical films no movie should be no more than 2 hours or more and if they're that long should be paced well.

Otherwise any more over 3 or even 4 hours should be two parts similar to Avengers 3 & 4 and Deathly Hollow.

In all honestly though, 90 minutes is more than enough to cover any movie. Is there honestly really any need to keep making blockbuster films today so long that just adds too much fat that could easily be trimmed out?

I really miss those kind of films where it has a moderate pace to it. Not too fast but not too slow either.

But if 3-4 hour theatrical movie are going to be made. They should at least put an intermission in the middle, for people to go to the toilet, refresh snacks or call loved ones to let them know you are still alive.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Got back from Eternals.

My opinion is mixed but the more I think about it. The more I just didn't like it. Didn't hate it though.

Especially when this whole time it was the Eternals that helped advanced humanity rather then ourselves on our own thus making us unable to fend for ourselves and helpless and useless.

And the fact Kingo just ******* out from the final battle like a wimp.

None of the characters really showed any emotion, they were bland for the most part, when they tried emotion it just felt artificial.

Also was Starfox aka Ero, Thanos' brother really like that in the comics, depicted as this goofy guy?

Either way, definitely not one of the worst movies this year but just comes across as more disappointing alongside Mortal Kombat (2021) and Army of the Dead.
Trust me you don’t want to know how he is in the comics:
aros is very egotistic. Pip acts pretty much the same but Aros has a rocky history as his power let him control peoples emotions. Essentially he miss uses to take advantage of women and is even tried at one point by She Hulk for assaulting women.

Needless to say, Disney is probably about to scrub his character completely and make him nice and family friendly.

Also the Eternals stopped giving humanity weapons after the Conquestidor events. Unfortunately what they gave them led humanity to build on these concepts and create more and more dangerous weapons like the Atomic bomb. The eternals indirectly are responsible for that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if an unpopular opinion but

At least with theatrical films no movie should be no more than 2 hours or more and if they're that long should be paced well.

Otherwise any more over 3 or even 4 hours should be two parts similar to Avengers 3 & 4 and Deathly Hollow.

In all honestly though, 90 minutes is more than enough to cover any movie. Is there honestly really any need to keep making blockbuster films today so long that just adds too much fat that could easily be trimmed out?

I really miss those kind of films where it has a moderate pace to it. Not too fast but not too slow either.

But if 3-4 hour theatrical movie are going to be made. They should at least put an intermission in the middle, for people to go to the toilet, refresh snacks or call loved ones to let them know you are still alive.
Tbh, I actually agree with this take

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also the Eternals stopped giving humanity weapons after the Conquestidor events. Unfortunately what they gave them led humanity to build on these concepts and create more and more dangerous weapons like the Atomic bomb. The eternals indirectly are responsible for that.
The fact they helped humanity shape their history still makes it seem we couldn't fend for ourselves as well as helpless and useless being stuck in the stone age forever. I didn't like that.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Since G4 is returning to television, it wouldn't be a good idea to add to the programming reruns of the WildBrain-owned DIC cartoons based on video games?
Like the Mario trilogy, the Sonic trilogy, The Legend of Zelda, Double Dragon, and Captain N: The Game Master.
Also those mediocre 80's-90's cartoons like the CGI DKC toon, Mega Man, Street Fighter, Dark Stalkers, (and if WB grants the rights) the Pac-Man cartoon.
All of them can be encapsulated in a 3-hours long block called "The Mediocre Theatre for Bad Video Game-to-Animation adaptations" or somethign shorter

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fact they helped humanity shape their history still makes it seem we couldn't fend for ourselves as well as helpless and useless being stuck in the stone age forever. I didn't like that.
I don’t know about that.
Considering the morale of the story is the Eternals watched Humans far exceed their expectations and go on to do amazing things without their help, such as undoing the snap or creating towering cities.

The main point was that humans did a lot of good and bad while the Eternals watched, but they always so the good of humanity and believed it’s better qualities would always shine through.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There was another one where the main guy offered alcohol and the guys like "No, I'm a child, that's against this thing called the E S R B"
There is another one where Nahobino tried to recruit a demon in a way that I can't say because it's not safe for work and the demon looks down at his "conspicuously blank groin" and laughs his head off as he leaves

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's my point. Each of those characters have their fans and all, which is fine. But giving them all the same name will just have them live in the shadow of the original in most situations, no matter how hard the newer version is pushed. And the justification that they "deserve" to have the title feels a little flawed to me, if they're good, then they should be allowed to make their OWN name, and become iconic with that title. That and I feel like it causes more busy work in casual conversation.

It's just a little disappointing that Nightwing is still one of better examples of this.
funny thing is that, at least with the spiders and bats, some of them attempted to have their own identity before being dragged back in. Stephanie Brown being the main example. From Spoiler to Robin to Batgirl back to Spoiler then back to Batgirl cause reasons. Cassandra had the same issue (Batgirl to Kasumi to Black Bat to Orphan them back to Batgirl). It might be me under thinking it, but I suppose it’s a Batlaw to have a name like the others now.

also…despite the more often than not bad names Marvel has tried to give Miles beyond Spidey, there are some that I wish could’ve stuck around more (like El Fantasma Negro)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
At the end of the day it involves putting the site first. You might be a regular or post frequently enough to know when someone is joking, but that doesn't mean everyone viewing your post does. If you're constantly bringing up inappropriate content not only cannot make the site look bad but also alienate your fellow users and guests; we get a lot of reports that already leave us Staff members scratching our heads in regards to context. The legal age to have an internet account is 13 years old and being a site that is generally devoted to an E10+ game, you can bet there are a lot of young users. It is true that it's not anyone's job to play parent, however, it's not our intent either to leave Pandora's box open.

If you have questions regarding why a certain term, word, or phrase is censored definitely reach out to an Admin as they came up with and control the list. Trying to push boundaries on the fly doesn't exactly convince anyone on the Staff that the word is ready to be uncensored either.

For certain serious subjects though, we do have separate board for those discussions. Private messages also exist.
I like this long ass reasoning for this so surely there's an equally long reason as to why the bigotry isn't cracked down on as much as children jokes

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like this long ass reasoning for this so surely there's an equally long reason as to why the bigotry isn't cracked down on as much as children jokes
We're aware of the reports you have made recently and are currently discussing them in the Staff forum. Now if you also think the current 10 point warning system is too lenient we can always review it further or go back to the old 6 point infraction system assuming I'm reading the room correctly here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
We're aware of the reports you have made recently and are currently discussing them in the Staff forum. Now if you also think the current 10 point warning system is too lenient we can always review it further or go back to the old 6 point infraction system assuming I'm reading the room correctly here.
I'm just wondering why me making a joke that the staff randomly decided to ban gets me 2 infraction points whereas people can spew legit racist **** and not get in trouble despite having said racist **** multiple times in the past

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm just wondering why me making a joke that the staff randomly decided to ban gets me 2 infraction points whereas people can spew legit racist ** and not get in trouble despite having said racist ** multiple times in the past
If I had to guess it might be related to how the point system works. As with all warnings that are given* the majority of them do not auto trigger a ban. You are only banned if you reach the threshold amount of 10 active points. If a user doesn't have enough active points then they are not banned. In addition, not all warnings that are handed out are made visible for general users (there's actually a toggle) and or we might warn the individual account as opposed to the post itself.

Hate Speech warnings currently offer the largest amount of points and stay active the longest, but if you think they should be higher that's definitely something that can be reviewed and I'd imagine (not an Admin) would be easy to implement on the back end. As would increasing the auto 3 day ban period.

*There are obvious exceptions such a new user popping in to solely break rules, severity of the given post, or Staff agreeing based on user history such as mariotehplumber or Fatman.

The previous infraction system was based on 6 active points. If you reached 6 points, you would stay banned until you drop to 5 active points for however long that might take (sometimes a day, some times a week, etc). If you reached 12 points in a period of a three months, you would get a perma-point that takes a year to expire. However, individual infractions were also generally smaller between 1-3 points as opposed to 1-6 we have now and perma-points lasting 6 months/being given on each ban.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Jolyne Cujoh is designed very particularly

So, um... what is this?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It's time to start asking the real questions - what is Spamton NEO's full name? Is it ...

A: Spamton G Spamton NEO?
B: Spamton NEO G Spamton?
C: Spamton NEO G(NEO) Spamton NEO?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If I had to guess it might be related to how the point system works. As with all warnings that are given* the majority of them do not auto trigger a ban. You are only banned if you reach the threshold amount of 10 active points. If a user doesn't have enough active points then they are not banned. In addition, not all warnings that are handed out are made visible for general users (there's actually a toggle) and or we might warn the individual account as opposed to the post itself.

Hate Speech warnings currently offer the largest amount of points and stay active the longest, but if you think they should be higher that's definitely something that can be reviewed and I'd imagine (not an Admin) would be easy to implement on the back end. As would increasing the auto 3 day ban period.

*There are obvious exceptions such a new user popping in to solely break rules, severity of the given post, or Staff agreeing based on user history such as mariotehplumber or Fatman.

The previous infraction system was based on 6 active points. If you reached 6 points, you would stay banned until you drop to 5 active points for however long that might take (sometimes a day, some times a week, etc). If you reached 12 points in a period of a three months, you would get a perma-point that takes a year to expire. However, individual infractions were also generally smaller between 1-3 points as opposed to 1-6 we have now and perma-points lasting 6 months/being given on each ban.
Then there's clearly not a good enough job as people who spew bigotted **** keep repeating it with a slap on the wrist at best when people calling it out who are fed up with the frequency of it get in bigger trouble. Especially as the user I'm thinking of breaks the no spam rule fairly often yet nothing happens, but god forbid you make a pun involving testicles

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I like how the Jimmy neutron complete series set also includes the crossovers with Fairly odd Parents, that really is "Complete"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom