• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey, I’m totally plugging for my brother here. He’s gonna start making podcast with proffesIona VAs. The first one is gonna be with Aimee Smith, who’s voiced in games like Freedom Planet, SMITE, Dark Deception, etc, and it’s dropping at the end of this month. So subscribe if you wanna see that. :yeahboi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The first piece of DLC for Super Robot Wars 30 is downloading to my Switch right now.

My physical copy hasnt even arrived yet. This game made me realize you can buy DLC without owning the game for it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
But yeah, I understand wanting to keep the environment here safe and certain topics and censor bypassing should definitely be moderated extensively, but stupid, ultimately harmless attempts at humor that almost certainly occur frequently among the minimum age group allowed on this forum (I should know, I was a dumb kid once) shouldn't be taken this seriously.

Learn to differentiate between content that's actually harmful and what's not.

Paraster

Smash Lord
So I just counted the votes, and...PaRappa and Kiryu are tied. Both were #1 for three people and #2 for one person each.

...so I guess we're stuck until we get another voter in, or anyone who has voted opts to change their vote to add or remove either. (If you change, please reply/ping me.)
Sentence I never expected to say: "Please, someone break this deadlock between PaRappa and Kazuma Kiryu."

please help; we need at least one more vote we're good now

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Dang

I think Dread may finally be the Metroid that rivals Prime 2 for me.

Like, that was just consistently good. I had like, zero issues with it whatsoever: That was just a brilliant Metroid.

Is...Is it a hot take to say I think it was better than Super? 'Cause man, I liked it even better than Super.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I saw someone mention that they are reinstalling Switch games. What a coincidence, because I just bought a 4tb hard drive for my PS4 and I went through several days of redownloading all 2tb+ worth of data, then using my PS4's old hard drive to upgrade my Xbox One's storage and had to redownload most things on there too.

Pain in the rear but now I have peace of mind again, and it's satisfying seeing my games all lined up.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Just finished Netflix's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Season 1.
I liked it. It's about on par with She-Ra's season. The stand out characters so far for me are Skeletor (delightfully hammyand evil,) Cringer (papa tiger and not a coward for once,) and Ork-O (TOM KENNY STOLE THE SHOW! HOW!?) The animation is crisp and at times beautiful so I can see why some people might compare it Star Wars the Clone Wars 2008. I do have a few complaints. While he works for normal Adam, Yuri Lowenthal's voice doesn't mesh with He-man. I also feel the designs for Man-at-Arms and Ram-Ma'am are too bulky for my liking (I do love the designs of Battle Cat and Sorceress though.) My biggest complaint is the sound effects are so pitiful that they dampen the impact of multiple scenes. Aside from those issues, I would watch Season 2 when it comes out. So He-Man and the Masters of the Universe has my approval for you guys to watch.

Also the theme song kicks butt!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But yeah, I understand wanting to keep the environment here safe and certain topics and censor bypassing should definitely be moderated extensively, but stupid, ultimately harmless attempts at humor that almost certainly occur frequently among the minimum age group allowed on this forum (I should know, I was a dumb kid once) shouldn't be taken this seriously.

Learn to differentiate between content that's actually harmful and what's not.
At the end of the day it involves putting the site first. You might be a regular or post frequently enough to know when someone is joking, but that doesn't mean everyone viewing your post does. If you're constantly bringing up inappropriate content not only cannot make the site look bad but also alienate your fellow users and guests; we get a lot of reports that already leave us Staff members scratching our heads in regards to context. The legal age to have an internet account is 13 years old and being a site that is generally devoted to an E10+ game, you can bet there are a lot of young users. It is true that it's not anyone's job to play parent, however, it's not our intent either to leave Pandora's box open.

If you have questions regarding why a certain term, word, or phrase is censored definitely reach out to an Admin as they came up with and control the list. Trying to push boundaries on the fly doesn't exactly convince anyone on the Staff that the word is ready to be uncensored either.

For certain serious subjects though, we do have separate board for those discussions. Private messages also exist.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay

Yeah Metroid Dread is top 3 Switch games

Holy crud that ending

Okay so the ending was badass, we can all agree. Samus going AAA, turning into Metroid, still not being able to crawl, good ****.

And the Big Russel fight is also good ****.

But is it just me, or does the third phase last way too long? The flying phase, it felt like it took a million hits to beat. I dunno.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Dang

I think Dread may finally be the Metroid that rivals Prime 2 for me.

Like, that was just consistently good. I had like, zero issues with it whatsoever: That was just a brilliant Metroid.

Is...Is it a hot take to say I think it was better than Super? 'Cause man, I liked it even better than Super.
Really?
Because I really Super Metroid is overrated.

Shroob

Sup?
At the end of the day it involves putting the site first. You might be a regular or post frequently enough to know when someone is joking, but that doesn't mean everyone viewing your post does. If you're constantly bringing up inappropriate content not only cannot make the site look bad but also alienate your fellow users and guests; we get a lot of reports that already leave us Staff members scratching our heads in regards to context. The legal age to have an internet account is 13 years old and being a site that is generally devoted to an E10+ game, you can bet there are a lot of young users. It is true that it's not anyone's job to play parent, however, it's not our intent either to leave Pandora's box open.

If you have questions regarding why a certain term, word, or phrase is censored definitely reach out to an Admin as they came up with and control the list. Trying to push boundaries on the fly doesn't exactly convince anyone on the Staff that the word is ready to be uncensored either.

For certain serious subjects though, we do have separate board for those discussions. Private messages also exist.
I mean

I can call someone an asshole completely freely yet ***** is censored.

Banning a silly internet joke yet an actual insult, one that was unbanned mind you, just seems dumb.

It'd be like if this were the early 2000's and we banned yo mama.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

That's fair, but what's with the banning of literal 5th grader humor. I get the fact that young people frequent this site a lot, but I do think y'all may be behind the times on what kinds of jokes literal middle schoolers make. Like, people thirstpost about fictional characters (I myself am guilty of this), but y'all draw the line at a ********* joke, a joke that was new when I was in 8th grade.

Like, is a doin your mom joke really that offensive if I cleary direct it to someone who clearly knows that I'm joking around to them in a main thread? As if yo mama jokes aren't told by 3rd graders?

Like, I think we all wanna know where the line is drawn?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Okay so the ending was badass, we can all agree. Samus going AAA, turning into Metroid, still not being able to crawl, good ****.

But is it just me, or does the third phase last way too long? The flying phase, it felt like it took a million hits to beat. I dunno.
Flying phase was the second one actually.

But yeah you're right, Russel does take a lot of hits for that one.

MooMew64

I'll admit the boss didn't quite hit all the right notes: His flying phase was really predictable and the final phase felt like padding a bit, but all in all it was super solid. Only thing I'd probably change about it is give flying phase some more attacks and maybe chop away his health a bit, the fight does indeed drag a bit too long.

Dread's best fight IMO was Sprinkles, the Gak Monster.

...Also, I died at the part where 'ol Russel got possessed by an X. I didn't understand what I was supposed to do until too late, lol. Really glad it didn't make me refight the whole boss: I woulda gotten a bit ticked at that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to harp on the topic, but I feel like if the ***** jokes weren’t banned we would have used them for about two months straight and then move onto the next hilarious and original meme. But because something so silly is now forbidden, it keeps getting brought up.

It’s interesting to me.
Noi discovers the Streisand Effect

Last edited:

MooMew64

Granted, IDK if any future Metroid fight can top stuff like Quadraxis or some of the fights from Super.

I know I just said I think Dread is better, but Super's boss fights are still incredibly tight. Super's Ridley might still be my favorite Ridley encounter from what I've currently played of the series

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom