• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm kind of torn; I'm playing through the Kingdom Hearts series, and on one hand, I feel like I should watch the movies that the worlds are based on beforehand, so I can have some context for what's going on. (it helped a lot with Tron, at least - I've been out of the loop on Disney movies for a while now, so a lot of the releases from the past ten to fifteen years will be unknown to me, with some exceptions like Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Frozen, or the later Toy Story movies)

On the other hand, I want to go into the games knowing as little as possible about what levels appear so I can be surprised. I guess if I unlock a level and I haven't seen the movie, I'll watch it before I get too far into the level - I know Kingdom Hearts 3 has an issue where the stories in the levels tell you very little about what's going on, and I'm not sure if that's the case for Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance as well.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
For Nick Fury in the MCU, the Ultimate Marvel version of Nick Fury was based on Samuel L. Jackson, who's a big fan of comic books.

(this was in 2002, well before Iron Man 1 was made)

The story goes that Mark Millar used his likeness without permission in The Ultimates (the Ultimate universe version of the Avengers), his agents got in touch with Marvel, and to apologize, they said he'd get to play Nick Fury in a movie if that ever happened.

Plus, if you have the opportunity to cast Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson in anything, you really should take the opportunity to cast Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson. He's an incredible actor, and I'd probably watch a movie where he spent two hours reading the phone book. (I'm exaggerating, but only slightly)

(I'm not sure what Link or the Legend of Zelda has to do with this; Nintendo's a company that is very resistant/slow to change, and there's a very big difference between Marvel and Nintendo)
Yeah i know this story already i just think giben that in the comics Black nick fury is jr while the old one is senior giving sr some cameos wouldve been nice!
After all s Jackson is amazing!

Yeah i really shouldnt be scared the main reason i am is because atleast botw link is a ticking time bomb (cus arm) altho killing link of wouldnt really mean his end!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I decided to finally patch up my Serperior's moveset. I had a second Serperior with Contrary that was a Special Attacker I grinded a while back, and seeing that my first Serperior was better on Physical offense, I decided to fix the moveset. Previously, it had Leaf Blade, Cut, Frenzy Plant, and Leaf Storm. I dumped Leaf Storm for Outrage and Frenzy Plant for Aqua Tail (I know I dumped Frenzy Plant, but it was either that or dump Cut, a legacy move).

So now my Serperior is battle ready, finally. It's gonna be his first time being useful since he was my starter in my first White playthrough. Looking forward to it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, what are you doing this Thanksgiving? For me, I am going to see my sister and her family at Norfolk, Virginia.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey guys, what are you doing this Thanksgiving? For me, I am going to see my sister and her family at Norfolk, Virginia.
I still live with family so no travel needed.

Gonna just spend some time at home and relax, beat a few games, use the time off as a way to try to get in a better routine for daily living, all that good stuff.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm kind of torn; I'm playing through the Kingdom Hearts series, and on one hand, I feel like I should watch the movies that the worlds are based on beforehand, so I can have some context for what's going on. (it helped a lot with Tron, at least - I've been out of the loop on Disney movies for a while now, so a lot of the releases from the past ten to fifteen years will be unknown to me, with some exceptions like Wreck-It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Frozen, or the later Toy Story movies)

On the other hand, I want to go into the games knowing as little as possible about what levels appear so I can be surprised. I guess if I unlock a level and I haven't seen the movie, I'll watch it before I get too far into the level - I know Kingdom Hearts 3 has an issue where the stories in the levels tell you very little about what's going on, and I'm not sure if that's the case for Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance as well.
In KH3 they do something different by having most of the worlds be entirely new plots or very loosely adapting movie plots, with the exception of the Disney princesses who's worlds are one to one recreations.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just posting two things and tagging two friends.

1. Since MooMew64 MooMew64 was talking about it, finally made some overdue progress in Metroid Dread. Second EMMI was kicking my ass and leaving with half. Have made enough progress and now at the Kraid boss fight . I'm proud of myself.

2. So Lamperouge Lamperouge just finished reading the first few chapters of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm loving it a lot and man is she a bit of an ass.
I know there was someone who was a fan of the anime but forgotten who it was. Gonna annoy me not remembering.

So gonna make some more progress or something in writing or gaming. That is all for now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah i know this story already i just think giben that in the comics Black nick fury is jr while the old one is senior giving sr some cameos wouldve been nice!
After all s Jackson is amazing!

Yeah i really shouldnt be scared the main reason i am is because atleast botw link is a ticking time bomb (cus arm) altho killing link of wouldnt really mean his end!
The difference between the comics and the movies is that in the comics, the classic/original Nick Fury is a World War 2 veteran who used some kind of serum to artificially extend his life (at least, that was the story up until recently - it was revealed in Original Sin that he aged in real-time and the younger Fury was a Life Model Decoy beyond a certain point in time), whereas the MCU was much more grounded (especially back in phase 1), so they couldn't have him being a WW2 veteran.

As a result, it seems like it would simplify things to make him the only Nick Fury, like in the Ultimate comics; having two different Nick Furies in the MCU seems like it would be unnecessarily confusing.

Change in comic books comes and goes - some times, it sticks (it seems like Carol Danvers will be Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan will be Ms. Marvel for the foreseeable future - it's a logical continuation of Carol's character), and other times, it doesn't. (Amadeus Cho as the Hulk, Richard Grayson or Azrael as Batman, Ben Reilly as Spider-Man, etc.)

EDIT: I forgot that the name of the first Robin is censored

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The difference between the comics and the movies is that in the comics, the classic/original Nick Fury is a World War 2 veteran who used some kind of serum to artificially extend his life (at least, that was the story up until recently - it was revealed in Original Sin that he aged in real-time and the younger Fury was a Life Model Decoy beyond a certain point in time), whereas the MCU was much more grounded (especially back in phase 1), so they couldn't have him being a WW2 veteran.

As a result, it seems like it would simplify things to make him the only Nick Fury, like in the Ultimate comics; having two different Nick Furies in the MCU seems like it would be unnecessarily confusing.

Change in comic books comes and goes - some times, it sticks (it seems like Carol Danvers will be Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan will be Ms. Marvel for the foreseeable future - it's a logical continuation of Carol's character), and other times, it doesn't. (Amadeus Cho as the Hulk, Richard Grayson or Azrael as Batman, Ben Reilly as Spider-Man, etc.)

EDIT: I forgot that the name of the first Robin is censored
Obviously it wouldn't last, but Nightwing as Batman was kind of awesome, he felt like the only one other than Terry that could replace Bruce properly, especially the earlier parts where Bruce wasn't around, having them both be Batman was of course, pretty redundant. Not too many replacement characters I end up liking, but some spin-offs were cool.

I think my only issue is when multiple heroes are running around with the same hero name. If you're gonna keep them alive and do stuff with them all, giving them their unique identities would be for the best.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So Cynthia uses Full Restores, but her Milotic's main strategy revolves around Flame Orb. What's funny is she heals the burn everytime she uses the Full Restores, meaning you can replace Milotic's burn status with something more useful like Paralysis or Toxic in the interim. Use this knowledge for later.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well I’d tell ya what it is but jokes are censored on smashboards dot web.
For better or worse. Long as feck aint.

Anyways. I'll head off before the caffeine kicks in and someone gets too giddy. Is it me or is I or is it one of us?

Find out next time.

You know who else is censored on Smashboards.com?
Your hopes and dreams?

If so, I know the feeling bro.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think my only issue is when multiple heroes are running around with the same hero name. If you're gonna keep them alive and do stuff with them all, giving them their unique identities would be for the best.
reminds me of how we currently have 3 Spider-Men (or 2 since Peter’s in a coma), 2 Wolverines, 2 Poison Ivys, and 3 Batgirls in the comics. Odd how in a way the Spideys are the only ones with full uniqueness despite the same name most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom