• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Thanks now i wont get traumatized!

Also (to spicify i am not a fan of the eteranals) Im offended and angry because of what they did to Icarus! (i dindt watch the movie but i know the plotwist)
They turned the Main Protagonist and Hero of a Obscure Media into a Evil Villain! I hate this and funnily enough as soon as i heard hes evil i knew he wasnt evil in the comics! And just food for thought! They Gender and Race bended every White/ male eternal including Sprite who a Child! (like Boys need representation to in marvel movies) And the only one (i think there could be a second one but i dont care!) they kept White/ male was turned Evil!
And dont say "they needed to change them just look at Guadians" Quill is changed a lot YES but he originally was a dickish Antihero and that mostly carries over to him now! Also most of the Gender/Racebend crew where not that important Side chars (as far as i know) So why not make them diffrent Characters?
In cases like this, it generally helps to watch the movie in order to actually have context for it.

The movie makes it clear that Ikaris is conflicted; he prioritizes the Eternals' mission over the people of the Earth, but he obviously hates what he has to do in order to make the Emergence happen.

Plus, Druig was the exact opposite - he also stayed as a white man, but he went from evil in the comics to good (albeit morally conflicted/gray) in the movie.

The races and genders of the Eternals aren't a key part of their characters; I don't see the harm in having those aspects of the characters changed to better reflect changes in society since the 60's and 70's. I don't think many people complained when Heimdall in the Thor movies, Perry White in Man of Steel, Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp, Kang the Conqueror, Deadshot in Suicide Squad, or Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok went through similar changes, though maybe I'm naive/uninformed.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Also (to spicify i am not a fan of the eteranals) Im offended and angry because of what they did to Icarus! (i dindt watch the movie but i know the plotwist)
They turned the Main Protagonist and Hero of a Obscure Media into a Evil Villain! I hate this and funnily enough as soon as i heard hes evil i knew he wasnt evil in the comics! And just food for thought! They Gender and Race bended every White/ male eternal including Sprite who a Child! (like Boys need representation to in marvel movies) And the only one (i think there could be a second one but i dont care!) they kept White/ male was turned Evil!
And dont say "they needed to change them just look at Guadians" Quill is changed a lot YES but he originally was a dickish Antihero and that mostly carries over to him now! Also most of the Gender/Racebend crew where not that important Side chars (as far as i know) So why not make them diffrent Characters?
Cringe and bluepilled.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Stop shouting at me! Please!

It's annoying!

osby

Smash Obsessed

Posts like this add decades to my lifespan.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just came on here to ask.

Lamperouge Lamperouge just to annoy you but you been watching anything recently anime wise? About to finish Ben-To so undecided of what to watch next.

1636908352185.png

Why do you make posts like this is beyond me. You sound like a Taekwondo instructor who is trying to speak to a song horribly.

Either way. I'm gonna block you as this is one time too many.

I can't tell if you are edgy or serious this time.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Lamperouge Lamperouge just to annoy you but you been watching anything recently anime wise? About to finish Ben-To so undecided of what to watch next.
Nothing new besides keeping up with 86 (which is great) and Jahy-sama (which is very mid). I still have Toradora! left to finish, too.

Anime is something that I really need to be in the mood for so I haven't been watching it much lately.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, to get back on the schedule (also SMT V has been really fun so far):

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcases demon is of the Yoma race:

“I’m Yoma Peri. Would you like to dance with me?”

Alignment: Neutral-Law

Origin: Persian mythology. Peri is a kind of spirit renowned for their beauties. Their name means “hidden”. They are usually depicted as beautiful maidens with white dove wings and are skilled at magic and can shapeshift, fly and see the future. While peris were originally morally neutral, they became rather benevolent beings after being adopted into Islamic lore, usually helping and marrying heroes who prove their worth.

Skills: Sexy Dance, Media, Zionga

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avatar race.

For a belly dancer-inspired look, Peri is a surprisingly respectful and inspired take on their mythology. It makes sense for a kind of fairy that loves singing and dancing. In games, they commonly talk about gems (what their blood turns to when spilled) and perfumes (their favorite food). They are pretty powerful for a generic species, usually.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyway, terraforming in Animal Crossing is so slow, I forgot how tedious it is. My island's a mess right now, all the buildings and hybrid flowers are placed on the beach and all normal flowers have been sold, so everything's a barren wasteland. But hey, I got two blue roses, so at least I got that going for me.

Now if only Chops would finally decide to move out it would be perfect.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm debating if I should try to sprite out OneShot's tilesets for Animal Crossing myself or use a pattern generator for them.

The problem with doing it myself is with AC's limited tools, capturing the same level of detail the OS artists used for the tilesets is going to be incredibly difficult, as the sprites use noise and dithering quite a bit to add depth. It be insanely difficult to try to recreate.

Hmm, perhaps I'll use a pattern generator to get a palette and go from there, as getting the colors down is the hardest part, lol.

D

Deleted member

I completely missed that they released the trailer for Decidueye in Unite:

Now if only they'd actually at least hint at intending to update the map pool, that would be nice. All those Pokemon, but no maps to play on.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I completely missed that they released the trailer for Decidueye in Unite:

Now if only they'd actually at least hint at intending to update the map pool, that would be nice. All those Pokemon, but no maps to play on.
I'm getting bored of the main stadium man. Halloween was cool but they added it to the ****ty quick match area alongside all the other diverse maps, including the worst map Auroma Park.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

thank you for this information, the guy who made jet set radio

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Please tell me I’ve just misunderstood the satire here. I can’t even approach the idea of this being serious.
It is half joking! Obvisouly there wernet children for good reasons! I just dont get why a child needs to be changed for Representation in Marvel!
(to be fair sprite was annoying so the could be the reason to in that case!)

Also you reacted amazingly! I really didnt clarify that point!
Stop shouting at me! Please!

It's annoying!
?????????? i mean i know you dislike me! But i didnt mention your name? ao at most i was shouting but not at you!
To ve fair the spoiler title could be Changed its a bit pushy!

I know im Annoying basically The ENTIRE TIME im the first one to know that im annoying! BUT i am not trying and be mean or make you or anyone else feel bad! which is the raeson why i only block people that bölocked me so that i can explain things!

Lamperouge Lamperouge

Why do you make posts like this is beyond me. You sound like a Taekwondo instructor who is trying to speak to a song horribly.

Either way. I'm gonna block you as this is one time too many.

I can't tell if you are edgy or serious this time.
So youll probably wont raed this but yeah....
Why do i amke Post like this? Because im invested in the Fate of Fictional characters because i have no family and only one friend right now!
and making someone unknown Good appear evil (i mean think abpout if that would happen in real life which to be fair sometimes it does)
is bad
Im not sure what you mean? Its either That my english Sucks which wow is so new to me! It not like the first or second post mentioned This!
Or youre offended by my Political view! which true i appear pretty political on social but i have made a looot of Pure gaming posts on other threads!
If you want to block me Fine if reading my posts negativly impacts you please be my guests but i might give you a tip (you wont see) Stop focusing on my political posts because you mean you would enable it with other People Reward Posts you think are good with likes and Attention and move other stuff you dont like!
Edgy? I f you would try and know me you would know im the exact opposite if i would Try being EDGY wouldnt i use another profile pic? (like the time i was shadow link that was edgy!)
And serious? whats wrong with me being serious i did not say Eternals has to have a White/male cast? That would be stupid in that case! But you might missed i said diffrent Chracters? as in Other eternals with other names, personalitys and other things! and these diffrent characters can of course be Any skin Color, gender or heck even Sexuality (i mean i literally own a dress! its not that i wear it like ever but i did expiriment!)
To be honest my main problem is the handeling of Icarus anyway! Maybe i dont have a right to talk about this because im like not familiar with them at all!
But like i wanna stick up For the comic Icarus the Poor guy is Misrepresnted (and himv being Gender race bend too is definitly better than what thye did!)

Also thats for you all:
If you are still angry at me or somnething similar! Might i suggest ignoring my Social posts and instead maybe going over to my meriad of other threads and talking about thing we both Enjoy? I made a Game Demo too and you know whats the best! There are 0 Politics in it! I hope atleast if not i remove them gladly!
If you think that im a Problem because of my opinions or anthing else you are first probably missing some context and second im one of the most unpopular people ever so dont worry!
So Beating down on me could make it worse! (i have some problems that cant just be fixed im also moving right now and pretty stressed out!)

BUT If you ignore posts from me you dont like and give other stuff of me a Chance i need to say to you: YOURE AMAZING AND MUCH MORE MATURE THAN ME!
To be fair im a big manchild (in multiple ways) but still youre awsome!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Oracle Link

Smash Master
In cases like this, it generally helps to watch the movie in order to actually have context for it.

The movie makes it clear that Ikaris is conflicted; he prioritizes the Eternals' mission over the people of the Earth, but he obviously hates what he has to do in order to make the Emergence happen.

Plus, Druig was the exact opposite - he also stayed as a white man, but he went from evil in the comics to good (albeit morally conflicted/gray) in the movie.

The races and genders of the Eternals aren't a key part of their characters; I don't see the harm in having those aspects of the characters changed to better reflect changes in society since the 60's and 70's. I don't think many people complained when Heimdall in the Thor movies, Perry White in Man of Steel, Ghost in Ant-Man and the Wasp, Kang the Conqueror, Deadshot in Suicide Squad, or Valkyrie in Thor Ragnarok went through similar changes, though maybe I'm naive/uninformed.
I know it sound silly but after reading your post i cried and not for the raesons you think!
first true i was far to brief also i didnt watch the Movie because Giant scary MCU! I just think it was dumb changing icaris in that way

Yeah i think i forgot that after watching the comics vs movie video (it was short and there are 10 of them!)

I didnt watch all the movies but yeah i do agree with that point for the Most part execept Kang and valkiery Kang because i love lego marvel 2 altho to be fair i didnt see his other version! and valkiery because shes a mythological Character! the other i have to agree on atlaest dead shot and Heimdall! (because i know them) yeah it fits them really well and as long as the original version doesnt get thrown away completly im fine with that! For example i did not mind Mcus Spidermans supporting cast! (i think i would do if the other movies werent a thing tho) but im fine with flash (i mean i prefer his classic look but its ok in these movies) and the MJ was handeld pretty amazing too (execpt for that marvel doesnt allow Mary Jane in lego sets thast dumb!) i only watched homecoming (again giant scary MCU)

But to get back to the crying part the fact that you didnt get personal and put with me being Uninformed and to brief was amazing! I think you really start to know what for a person i really am (at the beginning you of course didnt know that) Thanks for giving me the chance!
I of course might still say Controversial stuff/ uninformed stuff! But you really proved that sticking arround and being nice can have a positive effect! (atleast a small one!)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It is half joking! Obvisouly there wernet children for good reasons! I just dont get why a child needs to be changed for Representation in Marvel!
(to be fair sprite was annoying so the could be the reason to in that case!)

Also you reacted amazingly! I really didnt clarify that point!

?????????? i mean i know you dislike me! But i didnt mention your name? ao at most i was shouting but not at you!
To ve fair the spoiler title could be Changed its a bit pushy!

I know im Annoying basically The ENTIRE TIME im the first one to know that im annoying! BUT i am not trying and be mean or make you or anyone else feel bad! which is the raeson why i only block people that bölocked me so that i can explain things!

So youll probably wont raed this but yeah....
Why do i amke Post like this? Because im invested in the Fate of Fictional characters because i have no family and only one friend right now!
and making someone unknown Good appear evil (i mean think abpout if that would happen in real life which to be fair sometimes it does)
is bad
Im not sure what you mean? Its either That my english Sucks which wow is so new to me! It not like the first or second post mentioned This!
Or youre offended by my Political view! which true i appear pretty political on social but i have made a looot of Pure gaming posts on other threads!
If you want to block me Fine if reading my posts negativly impacts you please be my guests but i might give you a tip (you wont see) Stop focusing on my political posts because you mean you would enable it with other People Reward Posts you think are good with likes and Attention and move other stuff you dont like!
Edgy? I f you would try and know me you would know im the exact opposite if i would Try being EDGY wouldnt i use another profile pic? (like the time i was shadow link that was edgy!)
And serious? whats wrong with me being serious i did not say Eternals has to have a White/male cast? That would be stupid in that case! But you might missed i said diffrent Chracters? as in Other eternals with other names, personalitys and other things! and these diffrent characters can of course be Any skin Color, gender or heck even Sexuality (i mean i literally own a dress! its not that i wear it like ever but i did expiriment!)
To be honest my main problem is the handeling of Icarus anyway! Maybe i dont have a right to talk about this because im like not familiar with them at all!
But like i wanna stick up For the comic Icarus the Poor guy is Misrepresnted (and himv being Gender race bend too is definitly better than what thye did!)

Also thats for you all:
If you are still angry at me or somnething similar! Might i suggest ignoring my Social posts and instead maybe going over to my meriad of other threads and talking about thing we both Enjoy? I made a Game Demo too and you know whats the best! There are 0 Politics in it! I hope atleast if not i remove them gladly!
If you think that im a Problem because of my opinions or anthing else you are first probably missing some context and second im one of the most unpopular people ever so dont worry!
So Beating down on me could make it worse! (i have some problems that cant just be fixed im also moving right now and pretty stressed out!)

BUT If you ignore posts from me you dont like and give other stuff of me a Chance i need to say to you: YOURE AMAZING AND MUCH MORE MATURE THAN ME!
To be fair im a big manchild (in multiple ways) but still youre awsome!
I just saw gibberish.

Understand English isn't your first language but least try to improve the grammar a bit. No offence.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There is a pretty blatant Kamen Rider reference in the new Amphibia episode that I only really got because Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen keeps talking about that series.
View attachment 337711
So that's pretty neat.
Red scarf? Green bug person? Cool pose? Yup, that's a certified Gwen Appeal Factor. I was already considering watching this so good to know they're catering to me.

Also please watch Kamen Rider, they JUST added Ryuki, one of the most groundbreaking hero shows in Japan, it's literally free in the US for it's official release

Anyway, to get back on the schedule (also SMT V has been really fun so far):

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcases demon is of the Yoma race:

“I’m Yoma Peri. Would you like to dance with me?”

Origin: Persian mythology. Peri is a kind of spirit renowned for their beauties. Their name means “hidden”. They are usually depicted as beautiful maidens with white dove wings and are skilled at magic and can shapeshift, fly and see the future. While peris were originally morally neutral, they became rather benevolent beings after being adopted into Islamic lore, usually helping and marrying heroes who prove their worth.

Skills: Sexy Dance, Media, Zionga

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avatar race.

For a belly dancer-inspired look, Peri is a surprisingly respectful and inspired take on their mythology. It makes sense for a kind of fairy that loves singing and dancing. In games, they commonly talk about gems (what their blood turns to when spilled) and perfumes (their favorite food). They are pretty powerful for a generic species, usually.
Peri's also great as she exists entirely to prevent this

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Noipoi Noipoi @Taigiry

Fellow Pokémon masters

Solar Nyan needs your help!

In order to play the SwSh DLC efficiently, he needs a donation of at least five Alcremie so he can tackle the DLC with the objectively best team set up!

Here's how you can help! Simply get your Trainer ID, give me the 3 wacky digits on the back, and I will then transfer those Alcremie straight to his team!

Nah but really, if any of y'all had some spare Alcremie, I'd take 'em. :nifty:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know it sound silly but after reading your post i cried and not for the raesons you think!
first true i was far to brief also i didnt watch the Movie because Giant scary MCU! I just think it was dumb changing icaris in that way

Yeah i think i forgot that after watching the comics vs movie video (it was short and there are 10 of them!)

I didnt watch all the movies but yeah i do agree with that point for the Most part execept Kang and valkiery Kang because i love lego marvel 2 altho to be fair i didnt see his other version! and valkiery because shes a mythological Character! the other i have to agree on atlaest dead shot and Heimdall! (because i know them) yeah it fits them really well and as long as the original version doesnt get thrown away completly im fine with that! For example i did not mind Mcus Spidermans supporting cast! (i think i would do if the other movies werent a thing tho) but im fine with flash (i mean i prefer his classic look but its ok in these movies) and the MJ was handeld pretty amazing too (execpt for that marvel doesnt allow Mary Jane in lego sets thast dumb!) i only watched homecoming (again giant scary MCU)

But to get back to the crying part the fact that you didnt get personal and put with me being Uninformed and to brief was amazing! I think you really start to know what for a person i really am (at the beginning you of course didnt know that) Thanks for giving me the chance!
I of course might still say Controversial stuff/ uninformed stuff! But you really proved that sticking arround and being nice can have a positive effect! (atleast a small one!)
With Kang, his race is irrelevant to the character - he's from a thousand years in the future, and looks like this 99% of the time. With Valkyrie, that's more of a title than a specific character; as we saw in Thor Ragnarok, there are (or rather, were) many Valkyries.

There's a TV Tropes page that seems to sum this up, called Ability Over Appearance. (I'm not sure what languages the site's available in) Take the Shawshank Redemption - the character Red was a middle-aged Irishman, but they cast Morgan Freeman for the role, and I don't think it's possible to picture anyone else narrating that movie.

It helps to try and keep an open mind; changing something from the source material doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. There are cases where it can backfire, but take Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man 2, for example. He's not much like the comic book character (he's a mentor to Peter, he has (or rather, had) a wife, the tentacles have an AI that's controlling him), but Alfred Molina gave such an amazing performance that he's one of the best-remembered supervillains in movies, even now.

Likewise, the villains in Tim Burton's Batman movies weren't much like the originals (the Joker had a clearly-defined backstory, the Penguin was a deformed man living in the sewer, Catwoman was a secretary motivated by revenge), but I don't think anyone's going to say that they were terrible because of it. (heck, I would have loved to see Billy Dee Williams's interpretation of Two-Face)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Fellow Pokémon masters

In order to play the SwSh DLC efficiently, he needs a donation of at least five Alcremie so he can tackle the DLC with the objectively best team set up!

Here's how you can help! Simply get your Trainer ID, give me the 3 wacky digits on the back, and I will then transfer those Alcremie straight to his team!

Looking for any kind specifically?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Fellow Pokémon masters

I don't have a spare Alcremie, but I do have a Milcery in my Pokemon HOME.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know I really hate the whole trope of where its set in the far future where humans have turned earth into a lifeless barren wasteland which I call bull**** on when it endured even worse mass extinctions such as the Permian-Triassic Extinction where 90-95% of life was wiped out yet managed to recover and evolve again.

Regardless of how much damage we've done to the earth. The earth and life itself as a whole will eventually recover after we're long gone evolving into new lifeforms replacing niches that once belonged to animals before (I suspect rodents will especially fill in plenty of those niches' given how adaptable and diverse they are). Unless we manage to start creating planetary destructive lasers as Sci-Fi shows, we're nowhere close to turning earth into Mars or something.

Earth is literally a self-healing system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom