• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I kinda want Bamco to try their hand at something different with Jump's franchises, somehow try to make a JRPG like they did with Project X Zone and SRW.

But they'd have to nerf Goku somehow, if we joined the party at full strength there would be no story.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I kinda want Bamco to try their hand at something different with Jump's franchises, somehow try to make a JRPG like they did with Project X Zone and SRW.

But they'd have to nerf Goku somehow, if we joined the party at full strength there would be no story.
Goku goes off to fight the big bad that's causing the crossover at the start of the game, gets beaten up to show how strong it is, and then he is stuck in a healing tank until the finale, where he learns that the real super-powers are friendship and teamwork. (and also getting a power-up from getting beaten up to the point of near-death)

...Or they could just do what Dragon Ball FighterZ did and introduce machines that drain/level out the powers of various characters, or they could pluck characters from different points in time - they'd likely have to do that for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anyway.

Alternatively, they could just say that he's holding back, or not address it at all - I'm pretty sure the powers in Darkstalkers are about as ridiculous, and yet they're in Project X Zone. (I'm not familiar with Super Robot Wars, or mecha anime in general, but I'm sure there's some equally ridiculous power gaps in those games, like how some realistic mech that's not much better than a tank can hold its own against a robot that can annihilate galaxies)

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Make the villian a heart attack, that's the one thing he can't beat

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hadn't heard that Arc System Works might be developing a My Hero Academia game (I was fully expecting One Piece, given that they made similar DBZ and OP games on the 3DS before making Dragon Ball FighterZ), but that would be great to see.
I hope it's JoJo. There's so much potential past just Part 3 with a style like HTTF or an ArcSys 2D fighter. All-Star Battle had the fanservice and the sizeable roster for ten years ago, but it's time for a change since Part 8's story is completely over. Also, it was a mediocre fighter imo. It was fine, but a lot of combos are clunky or janky, and some characters are just out-the-gate busted with some crazy mechanics, like Giorno, Pucci, and Valentine having OP bull**** reflective of how OP they are in the actual series. And Eyes of Heaven? That game just sucked in general. I'd rather have played the Stardust Shooters pachinko ice hockey gacha game that still exists somehow.

200.gif

Some characters from back then haven't even made a game appearance. I'd like to see these guys in a future game would be (I'll hide Part 6 and further names to not upset anyone watching the anime rn):
  • Straizo (Part 1/2)
  • Yuya Fungami & Highway Star (Part 4)
  • Ghiaccio & White Album (Part 5)
  • Risotto Nero & Metallica (Part 5)
  • Secco & Oasis (Part 5)
  • Foo Fighters (Part 6)
  • Donatello Versus & Under World (Part 6)
  • Ringo Roadagain & Mandom (Part 7)
  • Blackmore & Catch the Rainbow (Part 7)
  • Soundman & In A Silent Way (Part 7)
  • Wekapipo (Part 7)
  • Yasuho Hirose & Paisley Park (Part 8)
  • Jobin Higashikata & Speed King (Part 8)
  • Tamaki Damo & Vitamin C (Part 8)
  • Yoshikage Kira & Killer Queen (Part 8)
  • Rai Mamezuku & Doggystyle (dont laugh) (Part 8)
  • Tooru & The Wonder of U (Part 8)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Make the villian a heart attack, that's the one thing he can't beat

Makes sense - after all, it has no weaknesses.

(also, this is my first time hearing D.C. Douglas as Kira - not quite Wesker levels of hammy like I was expecting, but he seems to be enjoying himself)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Goku goes off to fight the big bad that's causing the crossover at the start of the game, gets beaten up to show how strong it is, and then he is stuck in a healing tank until the finale, where he learns that the real super-powers are friendship and teamwork. (and also getting a power-up from getting beaten up to the point of near-death)

...Or they could just do what Dragon Ball FighterZ did and introduce machines that drain/level out the powers of various characters, or they could pluck characters from different points in time - they'd likely have to do that for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anyway.

Alternatively, they could just say that he's holding back, or not address it at all - I'm pretty sure the powers in Darkstalkers are about as ridiculous, and yet they're in Project X Zone. (I'm not familiar with Super Robot Wars, or mecha anime in general, but I'm sure there's some equally ridiculous power gaps in those games, like how some realistic mech can hold its own against a robot that can annihilate galaxies)
The strongest Robot in the SRW games released in English that i can think of was Gurren Laggan, and in the game it's in they justify it by having the later part of the shows plot happening at the same time as the story of the game so it doesnt have its BS world destructing powers when it first joins the party but gets in when they adapt the finale of the show in the late game and it has a gimmick where you have to build a metter to use those powers.

And they justify the Gundams being able to stand alongside each other because of weird alternate history nonsense where all of the Gundam shows are happening at the same time so they would be made of the same technology while in their original shows the Gundams are made of better tech each generation like real weapons of war.

I hope it's JoJo. There's so much potential past just Part 3 with a style like HTTF or an ArcSys 2D fighter. All-Star Battle had the fanservice and the sizeable roster for ten years ago, but it's time for a change since Part 8's story is completely over. Also, it was a mediocre fighter imo. It was fine, but a lot of combos are clunky or janky, and some characters are just out-the-gate busted with some crazy mechanics, like Giorno, Pucci, and Valentine having OP bull**** reflective of how OP they are in the actual series. And Eyes of Heaven? That game just sucked in general. I'd rather have played the Stardust Shooters pachinko ice hockey gacha game that still exists somehow.

View attachment 337683

Some characters from back then haven't even made a game appearance. I'd like to see these guys in a future game would be (I'll hide Part 6 and further names to not upset anyone watching the anime rn):
  • Straizo (Part 1/2)
  • Yuya Fungami & Highway Star (Part 4)
  • Ghiaccio & White Album (Part 5)
  • Risotto Nero & Metallica (Part 5)
  • Secco & Oasis (Part 5)
  • Foo Fighters (Part 6)
  • Donatello Versus & Under World (Part 6)
  • Ringo Roadagain & Mandom (Part 7)
  • Blackmore & Catch the Rainbow (Part 7)
  • Soundman & In A Silent Way (Part 7)
  • Wekapipo (Part 7)
  • Yasuho Hirose & Paisley Park (Part 8)
  • Jobin Higashikata & Speed King (Part 8)
  • Tamaki Damo & Vitamin C (Part 8)
  • Yoshikage Kira & Killer Queen (Part 8)
  • Rai Mamezuku & Doggystyle (dont laugh) (Part 8)
  • Tooru & The Wonder of U (Part 8)
Man i would love another 2D Jojo fighter, heritage looks great.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Makes sense - after all, it has no weaknesses.

(also, this is my first time hearing D.C. Douglas as Kira - not quite Wesker levels of hammy like I was expecting, but he seems to be enjoying himself)
Man, it's been five years, and that Killer Queen reveal still looks so ass. David really flopped that one, but their animations only been going up since Part 4.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Picked up Xenoverse: Per Aspera Ad Astra again after a long hiatus. I forgot how ****ing good this game is. I caught Darkrai and Heatran (8 more legendaries to go).

Still need to beat the special battle and do the Furious Battle content.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That would be great, though my concern is that their base rosters tend to be pretty small, seeing as Dragon Ball FighterZ had a 24 character roster in the base game (and that's for a three-vs-three fighter where Arc Sys could base a good chunk of it off of a 3DS game), while Guilty Gear Strive had a roster of fifteen.
True, but if they did handle it, couldn't they at least save a bit of work by using a decent chunk of DBFZ characters? Assuming the visual style doesn't change too much between them?

I am not much of a MHA fan

But I do appreciate Miruko
Extreme Thirst.png

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Picked up Xenoverse: Per Aspera Ad Astra again after a long hiatus. I forgot how ****ing good this game is. I caught Darkrai and Heatran (8 more legendaries to go).

Still need to beat the special battle and do the Furious Battle content.
Still the best fangame I've played or seen to this day.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

osby

Smash Obsessed
I forgot to post this yesterday so you're getting two today:

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcases demon is of the Haunt race:

“I’m Tingkat the Haunt. Huh? You never heard of me? Yeah, I get that a lot.”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Malayan mythology. In the Senoi folklore, it is known as an earth spirit with an elusive nature. It usually lives in the ground but will emerge from the ground during or after rainfall. It is mischievous and possesses the ability to induce headaches or possess people, sometimes doing both. Its name literally means “to climb up”, and refers to its act of perching up on top of people to haunt them.

Skills: Pulinpa, Fire Block, Me Patra

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

No matter how much I searched, I couldn’t find anything online about this demon. It seems it’s an obscure creature even in Malay folklore. Still, it has a suitable design for a spirit that causes headaches, with its wiggly form and spiral patterns making it hard to look at for long. I can also see it sneaking through the cracks in the ground with its thin body. Predictably, it’s a weak demon with ailment skills.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's about drive, it's about power
We stay hungry, we devour
Put in the work, put in the hours and take what's ours (ahoo)
Black and Samoan in my veins
My culture bangin' with Strange
I change the game, so what's my mother****in' name (Rock)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
People say this a lot, but honestly with secret wars on the horizon, if they get all the past actors back and currently ones when the movie happens, there is a very high chance it surpasses endgame imo.

If not it will be right up there. I’m interested in seeing reactions then. After secret wars it will be hard to top, but I’m not familiar with the later Mabel comics, but I know there’s some crazy storylines in them.
Also, the MCU is currently heading within the multiverse so anything can pretty much happen.

In terms of past actors, they have already brought back Tim Roth who was last seen in the Incredible Hulk as the Abomination.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Day 36 of re-downloading my Switch Library

cuphead is downloading now

i just have another 50 games to go

i am now watching squid game to pass the time
Just a Question? what genre is squid game? Is it Horror? Is It really Gorey/ Brutal i might wanna watch it if its more Action/ Mystery it can even be tragic but i hate horror!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
It’s horror. Bloody and gruesome. Especially the final few episodes.
Thanks now i wont get traumatized!

Yeah i was a bit to rash i mean i still agree with one point but true i made some mistakes!
I hope you can forgive me for being to brief (cus just look at my Sonic kirby fans thread i wote all of this!) And now i hope you forgive me if i let my hands have a break ouch!

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Thanks now i wont get traumatized!

Also (to spicify i am not a fan of the eteranals) Im offended and angry because of what they did to Icarus! (i dindt watch the movie but i know the plotwist)
They turned the Main Protagonist and Hero of a Obscure Media into a Evil Villain! I hate this and funnily enough as soon as i heard hes evil i knew he wasnt evil in the comics! And just food for thought! They Gender and Race bended every White/ male eternal including Sprite who a Child! (like Boys need representation to in marvel movies) And the only one (i think there could be a second one but i dont care!) they kept White/ male was turned Evil!
And dont say "they needed to change them just look at Guadians" Quill is changed a lot YES but he originally was a dickish Antihero and that mostly carries over to him now! Also most of the Gender/Racebend crew where not that important Side chars (as far as i know) So why not make them diffrent Characters?
Why are you like this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom