• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Noipoi Noipoi @Taigiry

Fellow Pokémon masters

Solar Nyan needs your help!

In order to play the SwSh DLC efficiently, he needs a donation of at least five Alcremie so he can tackle the DLC with the objectively best team set up!

Here's how you can help! Simply get your Trainer ID, give me the 3 wacky digits on the back, and I will then transfer those Alcremie straight to his team!

Nah but really, if any of y'all had some spare Alcremie, I'd take 'em. :nifty:
Sorry man, I'd totally help you, but I don't have NSO. Though I could see if I can get the 7-day trial working if it's urgent?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sorry man, I'd totally help you, but I don't have NSO. Though I could see if I can get the 7-day trial working if it's urgent?
Nah nah it's good, I'll see if Noipoi has any.

Worst comes to worst I have a tooooon of leftover Milcery from when I bred my perfect Alcremie back in 2019, but I wanted to check if anyone I knew had some spares they'd be willing to give to save time on farming the Sweets needed for the evo method, lol.

Still, thank you for the offer! It's super appreciated. :)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Nah nah it's good, I'll see if Noipoi has any.

Worst comes to worst I have a tooooon of leftover Milcery from when I bred my perfect Alcremie back in 2019, but I wanted to check if anyone I knew had some spares they'd be willing to give to save time on farming the Sweets needed for the evo method, lol.

Still, thank you for the offer! It's super appreciated. :)
So you don't need me to ship you my child Milcery via HOME then?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know I really hate the whole trope of where its set in the far future where humans have turned earth into a lifeless barren wasteland which I call bull**** on when it endured even worse mass extinctions such as the Permian-Triassic Extinction where 90-95% of life was wiped out yet managed to recover and evolve again.

Regardless of how much damage we've done to the earth. The earth and life itself as a whole will eventually recover after we're long gone evolving into new lifeforms replacing niches that once belonged to animals before (I suspect rodents will especially fill in plenty of those niches' given how adaptable and diverse they are). Unless we manage to start creating planetary destructive lasers as Sci-Fi shows, we're nowhere close to turning earth into Mars or something.

Earth is literally a self-healing system.
I always find it a little comforting that even if humans destroy our planet that some life will probably continue to hold on and diversify again. It's just such a shame that when a species does go extinct, we're probably never going to get them back for real.

However I do think in a post apocolyptic movie or series it wouldn't be unrealistic to show a world where only a fraction of Earth's diversity has managed to hang on, especially if the story wants to send a "don't let this happen" message. Evolution is such a long process that it takes a really long time for the planet to heal form an extinction event.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally an accurate Pokémon game:

MooMew64

laughingforreal.png

keep it away from my Skitty

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon fans will argue that not seeing half the screen is better

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I actually don't have HOME yet lol.

Probably gonna have to buy it today though in preparation.

Preparation for what?

Oh, and also HOME is free so long as you link a Nintendo Network ID. Has to be the same as a 3DS' though or else transfer won't work iirc. However, you only get one Box to use for storage, can only deposit one mon in the GTS instead of three, and can only put three mons in the Wonder Box instead of 9. The Premium Plan allows access to the rest of everything else mentioned above, going from 30 to 6000 storage slots

MooMew64

Preparation for what?

Oh, and also HOME is free so long as you link a Nintendo Network ID. Has to be the same as a 3DS' though or else transfer won't work iirc. However, you only get one Box to use for storage, can only deposit one mon in the GTS instead of three, and can only put three mons in the Wonder Box instead of 9. The Premium Plan allows access to the rest of everything else mentioned above, going from 30 to 6000 storage slots
Since more Pokemon games will be supporting it, it makes sense for me to finally jump aboard. Having that space will be nice, since I like to collect and breed 'Mons.

Oh, and the preparation part is for finally getting all my legendaries off of Pokemon Moon, they've been sitting in that cart for years, lol.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Since more Pokemon games will be supporting it, it makes sense for me to finally jump aboard. Having that space will be nice, since I like to collect and breed 'Mons.

Oh, and the preparation part is for finally getting all my legendaries off of Pokemon Moon, they've been sitting in that cart for years, lol.
Lmao. Well good luck on that front. I don't have SWSH yet, nor do I have a Switch, so for the future, 9 times out of 10, I probably can't help SWSH problems.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Work is very weird right now. We were supposed to have a lot to do, but there's been almost nothing. And it doesn't seem like anyone's doing anything about it either. I've spent at least half the time pacing around or talking.

D

Deleted member

Well, seems like the Pokeradar is glitched. I hope you guys don't intend to hunt for IVs with it.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to have another game where the Pokemon are to scale in battle. Wailord always looked so ridiculous in Colosseum/XD and I miss it.

MooMew64

Well, seems like the Pokeradar is glitched. I hope you guys don't intend to hunt for IVs with it.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to have another game where the Pokemon are to scale in battle. Wailord always looked so ridiculous in Colosseum/XD and I miss it.
I imagine that'll get patched eventually. but I appreciate the heads up.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Wailord is not to big for smash right???

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Honestly I forgot it even gave you some ivs in XY. So that’s not terrible for me, but I imagine it will be fixed.
Wailord is not to big for smash right???
Well he is in smash, just not playable…

yet…

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Josh Keaton posted an interesting cover of Spectacular Spider-Man's theme.

4C27F186-3593-487E-99DA-7F2BC422A135.jpeg

They need to reference this in the new Prouds show:

Oscar running in 4KHD? Noice

also that little bit of adult humor the trailer had gives me a safe assumption that the show is growing up, like iCarly did…so Disney…Lizzie McGuire…bring it back
There is a pretty blatant Kamen Rider reference in the new Amphibia episode that I only really got because @Cutie Gwen keeps talking about that series.
View attachment 337711
So that's pretty neat.
probably one of the most innocent parts of the episode

Oracle Link

Smash Master
With Kang, his race is irrelevant to the character - he's from a thousand years in the future, and looks like this 99% of the time. With Valkyrie, that's more of a title than a specific character; as we saw in Thor Ragnarok, there are (or rather, were) many Valkyries.

There's a TV Tropes page that seems to sum this up, called Ability Over Appearance. (I'm not sure what languages the site's available in) Take the Shawshank Redemption - the character Red was a middle-aged Irishman, but they cast Morgan Freeman for the role, and I don't think it's possible to picture anyone else narrating that movie.

It helps to try and keep an open mind; changing something from the source material doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. There are cases where it can backfire, but take Dr. Octopus from Spider-Man 2, for example. He's not much like the comic book character (he's a mentor to Peter, he has (or rather, had) a wife, the tentacles have an AI that's controlling him), but Alfred Molina gave such an amazing performance that he's one of the best-remembered supervillains in movies, even now.

Likewise, the villains in Tim Burton's Batman movies weren't much like the originals (the Joker had a clearly-defined backstory, the Penguin was a deformed man living in the sewer, Catwoman was a secretary motivated by revenge), but I don't think anyone's going to say that they were terrible because of it. (heck, I would have loved to see Billy Dee Williams's interpretation of Two-Face)
True with actual actors there are some good reason of doing stuff like this! I also forgot that yeah kang is i think it was blue? it would be more of a problem if he has strong ties to the fantastic 4 in this version (hes a richards afterall) but yeah if hes just the Timetravling menace (which is his most iconic role anyways) that could work out (again didnt watch the movies after Ultron (asside from both Guardians and spidey homecoming! i think another case like with nick Fury where the original race gets forgotten should still be avoided (for example keeping the race gender in games or atleast like something like i dont know maybe suggesting featuring classic versions of GR bended chars in lego games to honur their original look!
True Doc ock in spidey 2 is pretty diffrent much deeper (i hope they dont **** him up in No way home!) Im 100% sure the main reason why im so jatted/ fearful of it is:
1. That a lot of time after a char was changed certain people start seeing the new version as the Original
2. i mean maybe it will never happen but considering how many people ask everytime im scared that they do something with link that i wont like! (you know asside from taking his hat!) The thing i see the most happening would be either a choice between link and zelda/ replacing link with Zelda which considering my first 3 zeldas didnt really have her would be dumb! (BOTW 2 is the game im most fearful of ever!) but to be fair they could just pull a Galaxy and have the story and other stuff being designed arround link fully and have Zelda as a Link Skin (with animations and other stuff) but still the same (link tailored) dialouge outside of the prouns and Name (if botw2 doesnt have name choices again)
And thats it basically!
Also again arguing with you over this is actually fun! (to be fair its generally the same crowd of people having big issues with me honestly)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always find it a little comforting that even if humans destroy our planet that some life will probably continue to hold on and diversify again. It's just such a shame that when a species does go extinct, we're probably never going to get them back for real.
And as unfortunate it maybe as Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna puts it. This is just a cycle that the earth goes through. Since life has first appeared, species continue to appear and eventually go extinct being replaced over time. That's how it always has been.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I managed to watch two films that came on to Disney+ recently and here is my review:

Firstly, I watched the Jungle Cruise, a film that is adapted from the Disneyland attraction starring Emily Blunt, Dwayne Johnson and Jack Whitehall. Overall, whilst I did enjoy the intruging storyline and entertainment value where parts of the scenes and actions remind me a bit of the Pirates of the Carribean, the film did suffer some slight pacing issues where some of the scenes went a bit fast.

Overall rating: 7/10

The second film that I watched is one of my most anticipated films within this year which is Marvel Studios' Shang Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings starring Simu Liu, Awkwafina, Zhang Meng'er, Michelle Yeoh and Tony Leung. I will say that from beginning to end, I was thoroughly mesmerised and I loved it. From awesome martial arts action, a very well compelling story to the performances of the cast, Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is easily within my top 5 Marvel Studios films and best origin films of all time. I'm eager to see what adventures lies for Shang Chi within the MCU's future.

Overall rating: 9/10

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly Jungle Cruise seemed to had also took some aspects from The Mummy movies notably the brother-sister dynamic.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
True with actual actors there are some good reason of doing stuff like this! I also forgot that yeah kang is i think it was blue? it would be more of a problem if he has strong ties to the fantastic 4 in this version (hes a richards afterall) but yeah if hes just the Timetravling menace (which is his most iconic role anyways) that could work out (again didnt watch the movies after Ultron (asside from both Guardians and spidey homecoming! i think another case like with nick Fury where the original race gets forgotten should still be avoided (for example keeping the race gender in games or atleast like something like i dont know maybe suggesting featuring classic versions of GR bended chars in lego games to honur their original look!
True Doc ock in spidey 2 is pretty diffrent much deeper (i hope they dont **** him up in No way home!) Im 100% sure the main reason why im so jatted/ fearful of it is:
1. That a lot of time after a char was changed certain people start seeing the new version as the Original
2. i mean maybe it will never happen but considering how many people ask everytime im scared that they do something with link that i wont like! (you know asside from taking his hat!) The thing i see the most happening would be either a choice between link and zelda/ replacing link with Zelda which considering my first 3 zeldas didnt really have her would be dumb! (BOTW 2 is the game im most fearful of ever!) but to be fair they could just pull a Galaxy and have the story and other stuff being designed arround link fully and have Zelda as a Link Skin (with animations and other stuff) but still the same (link tailored) dialouge outside of the prouns and Name (if botw2 doesnt have name choices again)
And thats it basically!
Also again arguing with you over this is actually fun! (to be fair its generally the same crowd of people having big issues with me honestly)
For Nick Fury in the MCU, the Ultimate Marvel version of Nick Fury was based on Samuel L. Jackson, who's a big fan of comic books.

(this was in 2002, well before Iron Man 1 was made)

The story goes that Mark Millar used his likeness without permission in The Ultimates (the Ultimate universe version of the Avengers), his agents got in touch with Marvel, and to apologize, they said he'd get to play Nick Fury in a movie if that ever happened.

Plus, if you have the opportunity to cast Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson in anything, you really should take the opportunity to cast Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson. He's an incredible actor, and I'd probably watch a movie where he spent two hours reading the phone book. (I'm exaggerating, but only slightly)

(I'm not sure what Link or the Legend of Zelda has to do with this; Nintendo's a company that is very resistant/slow to change, and there's a very big difference between Marvel and Nintendo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom