• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
but why did they censor a very serious disease yet uncensor the alternative word for butt/donkey.
I mean
I can call someone an asshole completely freely yet ***** is censored.
Banning a silly internet joke yet an actual insult, one that was unbanned mind you, just seems dumb.

It'd be like if this were the early 2000's and we banned yo mama.
Language is fluid and changes all the time. If it had to guess it was uncensored when we made words like badass uncensored however long ago. For the full reason or a general list, I'd recommend reaching out to an Admin. If you think it should be re-censored that can also be made up for debate.

That's fair, but what's with the banning of literal 5th grader humor. I get the fact that young people frequent this site a lot, but I do think y'all may be behind the times on what kinds of jokes literal middle schoolers make. Like, people thirstpost about fictional characters (I myself am guilty of this), but y'all draw the line at a ********* joke, a joke that was new when I was in 8th grade.

Like, is a doin your mom joke really that offensive if I cleary direct it to someone who clearly knows that I'm joking around to them in a main thread? As if yo mama jokes aren't told by 3rd graders?

Like, I think we all wamma know where the line is drawn?
If you're questioning whether to post something or not, it might not be the best idea to do so and hope that someone (specifically directed to or not) doesn't take offense/is deemed to break ToS or both. If you have a question, send a PM to an active staff member and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Shroob

Sup?
Bruh

I don't understand NFTs, man.

I get things like gacha games, you can actually use the thing you spent half your life savings on

I don't get NFTs. You're paying like, thousands of dollars

For an image that literally anyone could print screen or right click to save?

Makes no goddamn sense to me.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bruh

I get things like gacha games, you can actually use the thing you spent half your life savings on

NFTs be like "This is top of the Line Art"

The NFT
(TW: Idk what to label this trigger warning, it's just ****ing godawful and gross to look at)
20211114_195407.jpg

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bruh

From what I’ve read, they’re not even paying for the image, but a link to the image or a token for it or something. All these crypto dudes like to say and act like they’re so good and valuable, but they’re stealing art, stealing companies’ assets, and/or AI-generating art without giving credit to the artists while failing to provide any good reason someone would want to deal with these beyond some weird as heck useless business addiction ._.

I guess some people think they can make it big? But I think, at least sometimes, it’s just some dumb pyramid or money laundering scheme tricking others into it. They don’t seem to actually care about the art or anything, either, just about the money and how “decentralized” it is as if that even matters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bruh

It’s the prestige of knowing you spent a hundred thousand dollars on an image anyone can right click save.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I decided to replay all 10 Lego Dimensions Level Packs recently and here are my thoughts on them, in the order I played them this time around:

1. Doctor Who is a decent level with lots of action. The Daleks, although intimidating at first, are easily dispatched by the Sonic Screwdriver, something I honestly didn't know when playing the game previously.
2. Ghostbusters is a alright retelling of the first movie. The part between the motel and final encounter could have been skipped and I probably wouldn't notice.
3. Goonies is a great level and a amazing retelling of the film. Other than the keystone elements, it really does feel like a actual Lego Goonies game.
4. Back to the Future is the second worst of the Level Packs in my opinion. Although Marty and Doc are awesome, the level only has 4 scenes! (5 if counting the bonus area).
5. Simpsons is my least favorite level pack. I get that only having archive audio of Homer (and the Space Coyote) meant the story had to be a Homer centric episode, but now I lament the potential for a Simpsons Movie retelling in the style of the classic Lego games.
6. Sonic is too fast! The Genesis era music is not here, but the sound alikes are okay. It's also a very long level with plenty of references to Sonic's history.
7. Mdway Arcade is too short. But the games are nice... except Super Sprint which has emulation that was off on all accounts.
8. Mission Impossible managed to make a level in which the main character speaks only with archive audio and everyone else uses original sound cues/archive audio work. Ethan Hunt is also a really fun character to use and the retelling of the first Mission Impossible is one of the better retellings.
9. Portal is a short level. But it has all the charm of a actual Portal game and Chell, although lacking in abilities, is a great proxy for the craziness of Aperture Science.
10. Adventure Time is one of the better level packs. Finn's weapon variety is a bit sword heavy and the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant becomes redundant once you get Billy's Gauntlet, but the level retells two episodes rather well.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Dang

I think Dread may finally be the Metroid that rivals Prime 2 for me.

Like, that was just consistently good. I had like, zero issues with it whatsoever: That was just a brilliant Metroid.

Is...Is it a hot take to say I think it was better than Super? 'Cause man, I liked it even better than Super.
I've actually seen that take a number of times, so you're definitely not alone. Personally I'd say it's a contender for the top game in the franchise as where it succeeds it does so well, but I'm waiting until I finish my Hard Mode playthrough before I say for certain.

Also, glad to see another Prime 2 fan!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Y'know, I love Sakurai and all that but it's really weird to see how worshipped he is on Twitter.

Also Nintendo Life is legit trying to chronicle his life after Smash with some of their recent articles.
No offense to whoever's writing these articles, but man, do we really need news articles on him buying an Xbox?

Like...How is that news? And yeah, I liked the horse riding one, that's something fun to share around somewhere like here, but a news article written about it? Really?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'know, I love Sakurai and all that but it's really weird to see how worshipped he is on Twitter.

Also Nintendo Life is legit trying to chronicle his life after Smash with some of their recent articles.
No offense to whoever's writing these articles, but man, do we really need news articles on him buying an Xbox?

Like...How is that news? And yeah, I liked the horse riding one, that's something fun to share around somewhere like here, but a news article written about it? Really?
You laugh now

But this’ll all make sense when Voodoo Vince is the first reveal for smash 6 in ten years.

Paraster

Smash Lord

I wouldn't be surprised if those articles' authors hate making them and only do it because they have an article quota and these are easy ways to fill that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Between that and their Amiico & Polymega coverage, I've been questioning a lot of Nintendo Life articles as of late. I think they're at their best when they just stick to reviews. Looking at their site right now, I also see they made an article regarding Sakurai riding on horse back.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But for real like, don't put people on pedestals or do some creator worship, that's just weird as hell and setting yourself up for inevitable disappointment when the person lets you down in some form.

But I know my main man Rick Astley's never gonna let me down

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish I could see MCU’s She-Hulks’s face and not just the rest of her body

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon fans don't to creator/director worshop, they do the opposite.

I wonder if Masuda regrets taking the helm of Pokemon.
I remember a Pokémon tournament I watched about a month after the dexit discourse started. Masuda came on stage to announce some competitive stuff, and I was legitimately afraid someone was gonna try and hurt him.

MooMew64

I remember a Pokémon tournament I watched about a month after the dexit discourse started. Masuda came on stage to announce some competitive stuff, and I was legitimately afraid someone was gonna try and hurt him.
Stuff like what Poketwitter did when the man just tried to talk about a wedding he went to is why I don't associate myself with the fandom hardly ever, man.

And that says a lot when I'm still in the Sonic fandom, lol.

MooMew64

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
But I know my main man Rick Astley's never gonna let me down
There is exactly one way for Rick Astley to let you down.

If you ask him for a copy of the movie Up, and he doesn't give you one because as he said in the song he's never gonna give you Up, then he let you down.

Now the odds of this scenario playing are low, so if lucky he will never let you down

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Got back from Eternals.

My opinion is mixed but the more I think about it. The more I just didn't like it. Didn't hate it though.

Especially when this whole time it was the Eternals that helped advanced humanity rather then ourselves on our own thus making us unable to fend for ourselves and helpless and useless.

And the fact Kingo just ******* out from the final battle like a wimp.

None of the characters really showed any emotion, they were bland for the most part, when they tried emotion it just felt artificial.

Also was Starfox aka Ero, Thanos' brother really like that in the comics, depicted as this goofy guy?

Either way, definitely not one of the worst movies this year but just comes across as more disappointing alongside Mortal Kombat (2021) and Army of the Dead.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
reminds me of how we currently have 3 Spider-Men (or 2 since Peter’s in a coma), 2 Wolverines, 2 Poison Ivys, and 3 Batgirls in the comics. Odd how in a way the Spideys are the only ones with full uniqueness despite the same name most of the time
That's my point. Each of those characters have their fans and all, which is fine. But giving them all the same name will just have them live in the shadow of the original in most situations, no matter how hard the newer version is pushed. And the justification that they "deserve" to have the title feels a little flawed to me, if they're good, then they should be allowed to make their OWN name, and become iconic with that title. That and I feel like it causes more busy work in casual conversation.

It's just a little disappointing that Nightwing is still one of better examples of this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
NGL, I all of a sudden started thinking about how Pokémon is gonna definitely be one of my channel's staples, and I honestly wonder if that'll end up causing me more headaches in the end than the part of my content that'll be dedicated to Sonic content.
Just

Don’t involve yourself with the discourse about the game’s quality and dev times and trees and etc.

You’ll be fineprobably.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, I used far worse language on this site being honest, surprised they didn't catch on
I can assure you most of the time when you see the word ***** from me, it ain't the B word.
"Wow, thanks Sakurai for making dreams come true! You did amazing work on Smash!"

Every other person involved in the development of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate:

Yeah, It do be like that don't it? Look at literally any Kojima or Kamiya game.

Or Harada, or Ono, or Ed Boon, or Inafune, or Miyamoto, or John Romero, or......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom