• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since Wednesday I noticed my dog seems to have an ulcer or abrasion on her corneal. Waited to see if it'd heal, since it hasn't, made an appointment for her for Thursday at 2:40.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Two Pokémon things:
1) Pokémon Battle Festival Asia 2021 is coming up and will have a showcase on Legends: Arceus
2) In celebration of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, fan game Xenoverse: Per Aspera Ad Astra shared Mystery Gift codes for Brilliant Style Leafeon & Shining Style Glaceon (BRILL1ANTL34F3ON & SHIN1NGGL4C3ON)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think I'm gonna try SMTIII again, I think I just need a second start. I haven't played since I lost like 3 hours of progress and grinding to one surprise boss who was like seven levels higher than me lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think I'm gonna try SMTIII again, I think I just need a second start. I haven't played since I lost like 3 hours of progress and grinding to one surprise boss who was like seven levels higher than me lol
Was it this guy?

1636989182534.jpeg

Using stat boosts or debuffs got me through the game. There are fusion guides out there that help with this - I believe that fusing Inugami can get you Fog Breath, which severely lowers the accuracy and evasion of every enemy. (though in the case of Matador, he uses wind, which Inugami is weak to; it's possible to evolve Inugami to remove that wind weakness, though it takes a lot of grinding from what I recall)

The Demi-Fiend can also learn Fog Breath - I think you need to equip an Ice Magatama? Either way, it's a crucial skill to have.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Was it this guy?

View attachment 337789

Using stat boosts or debuffs got me through the game. There are fusion guides out there that help with this - I believe that fusing Inugami can get you Fog Breath, which severely lowers the accuracy and evasion of every enemy. (though in the case of Matador, he uses wind, which Inugami is weak to; it's possible to evolve Inugami to remove that wind weakness, though it takes a lot of grinding from what I recall)

The Demi-Fiend can also learn Fog Breath - I think you need to equip an Ice Magatama? Either way, it's a crucial skill to have.
I'm aware of it, and I already had it before the fight. I still got my ass clapped lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, if this game design degree doesn't kickstart for me, at least I got a backup plan:

Grown Ass Man rants about media that's not made for him at all. It's gonna be a YouTube channel, and I ***** and moan about childrens cartoons, childrens video games, childrens movies, etc. The main point is everything that the new gen has is bad, but my gen is better.

I got my future in a bag

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine saying you want to “Persona 3” yourself in public…I don’t think that would be a normal conversation to have in the outside world other than at a gaming convention

osby

Smash Obsessed
imagine saying you want to “Persona 3” yourself in public…I don’t think that would be a normal conversation to have in the outside world other than at a gaming convention
Do like me and trick people in your life to talk about Persona by opening a conversation about mythologic archetypes and Jungian psychology.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do like me and trick people in your life to talk about Persona by opening a conversation about mythologic archetypes and Jungian psychology.
…that’s insane enough to work on the uncultured…now I can finally trick people into saying Makoto is best girl without them realizing there’s other valid options

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oof. You think she ran into something?
I expect it was a result of blunt trauma at least. Which again is why I'm gonna take her in on Thursday for antibiotics.

She also has a yeast infection that she's had for years now which the vet says is a life long problem, it's possible she might have rubbed her face on the carpet too hard.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watching a Little Z video where they joke about who returns for Smash 6/7 and who doesn’t…this is what they’ve unholingly done with the powers of bias
:ultdiddy::ultpikachu::ultlittlemac::ultdk::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultsteve::ultmetaknight::ultpokemontrainerf::ultpacman::ultwiifittrainer::ultkrool::ultsheik::ultsamus::ultbowser::ultinkling::ultlink::ultganondorf::ultfox::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultpit::ultness::ultpiranha::ultroy::ultmewtwo::ultsonic::ultluigi::ultridley::ultfalco::ultvillager::ultmarth::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultcloud::ultgreninja::ultjoker::ultjokeralt::ulthero2::ultryu::ultincineroar::ultlucario::ultpeach: :ultsephiroth:
:ultminmin:ultrob::ultbylethf::ultmegaman::ultkirby::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultmario::ultlucas::ultyoshi::ultken::ultpyra::ultmythra::ultzelda::ultzss::ulttoonlink::ultduckhunt::ultlink::ultcorrin::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultjigglypuff::ultdarkpit::ultrichter::ultsimon::ultike::ultisabelle::ultsora::ultgnw::ultdarksamus::ultbanjokazooie::ultdaisy::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultbayonetta::ultpichu::ult_terry::ulticeclimbers::ultolimar::ultalph::ultshulk::ultwolf::ultrosalina::ultsnake:
would you play the next Smash if it had their roster?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Does Spider-Man: No Way Home really need to be 2 hours and 40 minutes? There's probably lot of fat that could easily be trimmed out. I mean such a premise is no Infinity War or Endgame.

Honestly that's my problem with blockbuster movies today. There's this need to make movies very long when 90 minutes alone is more then enough to fill everything in going at a moderate pace thus avoiding pacing issues and unneeded things added to films. I miss when movies back then were just around that long. A beginning, middle and end that isn't too slow but isn't too fast either. A moderate pace as all movies should be.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, I need help with somethin’ y’all. Whenever I‘m on Smashboards on desktop, the site will constantly close out and open up sites like this:
6123BC44-6501-4E00-B108-C5231D5FDA70.jpeg

I thought I may have gotten a virus somehow, but it’s only happening on Smashboards, so I’m really not quite sure. Anyone else had these issues before, or nah?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Okay, I need help with somethin’ y’all. Whenever I‘m on Smashboards on desktop, the site will constantly close out and open up sites like this:
View attachment 337798
I thought I may have gotten a virus somehow, but it’s only happening on Smashboards, so I’m really not quite sure. Anyone else had these issues before, or nah?
I would fill out the Bad Advertisement form as that is not supposed to happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Does Spider-Man: No Way Home really need to be 2 hours and 40 minutes? There's probably lot of fat that could easily be trimmed out. I mean such a premise is no Infinity War or Endgame.

Honestly that's my problem with blockbuster movies today. There's this need to make movies very long when 90 minutes alone is more then enough to fill everything in going at a moderate pace thus avoiding pacing issues and unneeded things added to films. I miss when movies back then were just around that long. A beginning, middle and end that isn't too slow but isn't too fast either. A moderate pace as all movies should be.
This isn't a new trend. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, which came out in 1966, was a few minutes shy of three hours long, while 1959's Ben Hur was a little over three and a half hours long.

Admittedly, these are probably the exception rather than the rule, but long movies aren't a new concept that started with Titanic or Lord of the Rings or what have you.

Plus, this seems like it's meant to pay tribute to Spider-Man's entire cinematic history. (or at least his live action movies, not counting stuff like the theatrical spin-off to the Japanese Spider-Man TV show where he gets a giant robot. ...unless...)

It may not be the culmination of a full decade of movies like Infinity War or Endgame were, but it's still going to be a big deal for a lot of people. (plus, it seems like we're getting a live-action Sinister Six, which just seems nuts - it would be like getting a live action adaptation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, where they manage to fit about half a dozen of Batman's rogues gallery in one movie and still make it work well)

Mind you, I'm a little concerned that they might be trying to cram too much into this (the fallout from Far From Home, Dr. Strange, at least five villains from previous Spider-Man movies, multiple Spider-Men, Daredevil, possibly Tom Hardy's Venom...), but I had the same worries about Thor Ragnarok and that turned out all right. (plus, I figure that Dr. Strange and Daredevil are only going to have small roles or not a lot of screen-time, like Dr. Strange in Thor Ragnarok)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom