• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
BDSP is getting datamined.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_

No Sylveon or forms above the Platinum dex, item images are based on Global Link/Dream World, event items (e.g. Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, etc.) are in the code, Nature Mints, Ability Capsule/Patch, and all types of Balls are in the code though may be placeholders (the different wing types are also in there, and will likely not see use), there's a DS Sounds you can get similar to GB Sounds in HGSS, Box Wallpapers match DP & Platinum, Hidden Power returns, and Gen 4 encounter rate alterations based on date also returns. More is being mined right now.

Also BDSP is made with Unity Engine(tm).

EDIT: Arceus is not catchable. RIP Azure Flute believers. Apparently a lot of other legendaries are available to catch in the post-game

Starters don't seem to be shiny locked, though the gift mythicals are (and have 3 flawless IVs).

Finally, the game has no internal obfuscation with code and minimal sanity checks, which means ROM Hacking is possible in some form.

Overall...not terrible. Still not enough to sway me unless I can get a major price cut.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
bruh I totally forgot Mordecai dumped CJ during the Muscle Wedding

Rigby/Eileen and the Muscle Couple somehow knew better

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BDSP is getting datamined.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_

No Sylveon or forms above the Platinum dex, item images are based on Global Link/Dream World, event items (e.g. Azure Flute, Oak's Letter, etc.) are in the code, Nature Mints, Ability Capsule/Patch, and all types of Balls are in the code though may be placeholders (the different wing types are also in there, and will likely not see use), there's a DS Sounds you can get similar to GB Sounds in HGSS, Box Wallpapers match DP & Platinum, Hidden Power returns, and Gen 4 encounter rate alterations based on date also returns. More is being mined right now.

Also BDSP is made with Unity Engine(tm).

EDIT: Arceus is not catchable. RIP Azure Flute believers. Apparently a lot of other legendaries are available to catch in the post-game

Starters don't seem to be shiny locked, though the gift mythicals are (and have 3 flawless IVs).

Finally, the game has no internal obfuscation with code and minimal sanity checks, which means ROM Hacking is possible in some form.

Overall...not terrible. Still not enough to sway me unless I can get a major price cut.
And they already ruined by shiny locking stupid things again. I will never understand why they do that.
Also your sort of wrong on one thing:

Arceus isn’t catachable now, but is very likely getting it’s event. The hall of origin, it’s flute item, and text for Hisuian form transfers, all point to the event being added in future.
Idk what show this is but holy **** lol

It’s pretty funny, it’s on Netflix, Inside Job. Made by a gravity falls team member and produced by Alex Hirsch.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Reminder that Yoshi's New Island's story was possibly the worst sotry in a Modern Nintendo game, like wtf is this?
View attachment 337203
Don't you just hate when Bowser suddenly warps time and space for some reason?
Ohhh, so THIS was the anomaly in the timepsace continuum Sans was talking about!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers

Jolteon is best eeveelution, followed by Espeon. No one else matters and Umbreon in particular is poodoo

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So I'm looking through the BDSP datamine..

Call me crazy, but I think Pokemon fans may have jumped the gun and overreacted, just a teensy bit.

Btw, they found Darkrai and text for the Darkrai even
Honestly, while Pokémon fans are prone to overreacting, the neat things found in the datamine don't suddenly get rid of all the negatives of this game. Counterbalance them a bit sure, but there's still a lot to critique this game for.

If there's one thing to be excited about, it's the ease of ROM hacking. We'll probably see Platinum teams added, and could possibly even see ROM hacks like Renegade Platinum ported if there's dedicated support. That'd be cool, though I'm not counting on it by any means.
Umbreon in particular is poodoo
That's what they all say until Umbreon saves your nuzlocke run. And then another, and then another, and then another, and so on.

Seriously, you can never go wrong with bulky Toxic stall Umbreon.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know nothing about competitive Pokemon so my tier list of Eeevolutions are entirely based on their looks

Cutest: Sylveon, Flareon
Prettiest: Espeon, Glaceon
Coolest: Jolteon, Vaporeon
Loveliest: Umbreon, Leafon

Constructive criticism is accepted.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That's what they all say until Umbreon saves your nuzlocke run. And then another, and then another, and then another, and so on.

I don't do nuzlockes

Also ew competitive builds in a story playthrough, gross

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is literally the only way people can win radical red nuzlockes. Umbreon is a beast.

Also it’s probably the best eeveelution shiny wise, and one of the cleaner designs overall compared to most shiny Pokémon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My favorite eeveelution is vaporeon.

It's got such a bizarre and creative design that just comes together so well.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
if these are legit, I’m gonna ****ing…
and they’re being deleted quickly as well…
OSBOAGISHISHAIHAUSOGSIHSIGAIAJJVWOWCOSGIWHUWHWIGSGWIHWIWBIWBKWJWIJVSONWOHWKHOFNWOWPVDIHGGFUIHIHWOCWOHP
This movie is going to be a ****ing mess with the villains and Spider people that it's juggling.

And I'm all for it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean. We're literally getting an Arceus themed game, a limited time event seems like a waste of effort at that point as scummy as those are
If only there was a game devoted to Arceus…
oh yeah.

derp.

I still think it’d be cool though; the way the event is done seems cool to me imo, even if Arceus can be caught in Legends. I think I already got Arceus anyway, so it’s mainly just me thinking it/the experience would be fun.

Admittedly though the limited time thing is a little annoying to me too, though not enough for me to really care all that much; I’m mainly just annoyed by the ones that require people to have to drive to another city (GameStop and whatever), especially when they’re mixed in with ones where you don’t so it’s just like “why?” ._.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
oh yeah.

derp.

I still think it’d be cool though; the way the event is done seems cool to me imo, even if Arceus can be caught in Legends. I think I already got Arceus anyway, so it’s mainly just me thinking it/the experience would be fun.

Admittedly though the limited time thing is a little annoying to me too, though not enough for me to really care all that much; I’m mainly just annoyed by the ones that require people to have to drive to another city (GameStop and whatever), especially when they’re mixed in with ones where you don’t so it’s just like “why?” ._.
To exploit FOMO and to make kids judge other kids for not having the money to go to a ****ing theme park or whatever for an event you will never get another chance to get. No I'm not speaking from experience haha that'd be crazy.

I just wanted a ****in Darkrai man

D

Deleted member

Lamperouge Lamperouge Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! osby osby Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku MooMew64 MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Wademan94 Wademan94 quite a good week regarding my Quest of the stolen Switch games.

Got one of my more important ones today during the morning:

And one of my IRL friends has another one (Layton's Mystery Journey), and she is trading It to me for Doom 2016, so that's two regained games already.
Now I'm only missing Smash Ultimate, Mario Odyssey and Warioware.

So yeah, dope stuff.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BDSP question: Do Pokémon that evolve by being in a special area still do that in this game or is it evolution stones like in Sword & Shield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom