• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't necessarily say "x should've been in over y" is petty. There are even cases of it I'd agree with. It all depends on the context.
I can’t help but agree with you.

Decidueye instead of Incineroar
Geno instead of Sephiroth (even though I ****ing love Sephiroth)
And Crash and DoomSlayer in place of Byleth and Pyra/Mythra

Noipoi

Howdy!

I read it.

And now I’m mad at you.

You should’ve stopped yourself from posting it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This movie is going to be a ****ing mess with the villains and Spider people that it's juggling.

And I'm all for it.
after Infinity War and Endgame, the MCU can throw in as many character in a single movie as they can and want to, so long as they keep it as hype as those and NWH
John Wick: Kid Edition.

I thought it was the opposite?
first Mort did the dumping during the wedding itself, then CJ did it and kept it on after the wedding. It’s like a double dumping out of nowhere

KillerCage

Smash Master
Apparently, there is now a film about a child going through hell and back to get an NES.
…Huh!
The People who made Elf made this?
HARD.
PASS.

Also anymore questions for me?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I enjoyed SMRPG quite a bit but I'm glad I can finally cross that game off my backlog. It's been there for years and I can now a certified "Geno fan who has played Super Mario RPG"

Now I can focus on The Great Ace Attorney

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
You all joke, but I do think the best way to represent Tetris as a fighter wouldn't be via a specific Tetrimino, but through Tetris itself. I honestly think you could make a super interesting fighter out of this premise. An abstract Mario-sized mass of orbiting Tetriminos with a moveset revolving around Tetris' own game mechanics in a similarly abstract manner. Imagine a T-spin forward air, or a down smash involving slamming a yellow piece down directly in front of it.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you've been through what I've been through when backing Decidueye, it's really not.
All character supporters say this.

It's a natural result of how petty and political Smash support gets. All characters with a sizable community get flack from rival ones.
I wouldn't necessarily say "x should've been in over y" is petty. There are even cases of it I'd agree with. It all depends on the context.
That's called having an opinion and stating it as fact.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Saying Geno should've been in over any of the DLC characters we got is a terrible take, TBH
While I wouldn't want to trade any of the characters we currently have for others
I would've been 100% fine without Min Min and I would've definitely taken Geno over her any day of the week

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

I agree with the first and disagree with the second. The third isn't much of a question since Byleth and Pythra are much easier to get than Crash or Doomslayer, and were added as promotional picks.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No, it's going to be fine after I make fun of Banjo's shaved feet.
You seem to really have it out for the big hardcore Nintendo fan favorites. I can't really understand why that is nor do I really care if you feel that way but if you're going to openly **** on them, don't expect others to hold back when ****ting on your favorite characters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You seem to really have it out for the big hardcore Nintendo fan favorites. I can't really understand why that is nor do I really care if you feel that way but if you're going to openly **** on them, don't expect others to hold back when ****ting on your favorite characters.
I don't. A good amount of my faves are on the community's hit list actually.

That's why I'm not interested in filtering my words when it comes to characters I don't fancy.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's having an opinion, but I don't see it as stating it like a fact. You could add "I think" to the beginning and it'd be roughly the same sentence.
In a fanbase with as much elitism and tribalism as Smash's, that "I think" is a very important modifier.

Maybe I'm just oversensitive from being in the smash fanbase for too long. I'm not much of an Incineroar fan - heck I actually like Decidueye more - but I've played other characters that have gotten a ton of flack in the past and it just gets old, especially when people don't drop it long after the game is out.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In a fanbase with as much elitism and tribalism as Smash's, that "I think" is a very important modifier.

Maybe I'm just oversensitive from being in the smash fanbase for too long. I'm not much of an Incineroar fan - heck I actually like Decidueye more - but I've played other characters that have gotten a ton of flack in the past and it just gets old, especially when people don't drop it long after the game is out.
Incineroar fans walk a lonely road :239:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't. A good amount of my faves are on the community's hit list actually.

That's why I'm not interested in filtering my words when it comes to characters I don't fancy.
Okay, then don't expect me to filter my my words when it comes to the one character on the roster I don't like lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar actually has a lot of fans judging by all the uh, fanart he gets.
No that’s different.

You got the people who like it because of it’s funny lore and design.

People who like it because it’s good in competitive Pokémon.

And people who like it because [nope]

The first group, which I’m in, is the smallest :nifty:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just to put it out there, I have a very good reason to not like Incineroar that goes beyond "it should have been Decidueye" but I don't feel like going into it right now as I don't feel like turning this thread into Newcomer Speculation 2: Battle Tendency

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom