• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just tried Xbox One remote play on my phone (using a Switch Pro Controller) for the first time. Pretty cool.

Though I need to move from Bluetooth to weird for my controller since I noticed some input lag.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just to put it out there, I have a very good reason to not like Incineroar that goes beyond "it should have been Decidueye" but I don't feel like going into it right now as I don't feel like turning this thread into Newcomer Speculation 2: Battle Tendency
Look dude

As the resident Incineroar stan I just wanna say I’m sorry you got **** on, cuz some people take this **** way too seriously. It’s fine if you dislike one of my favorite characters, and it’s fine if you talk about it too.

As long as we recognize rule 24-C bylaw 12:
“If one talks too much ****, they should expect to get hit.” :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Look, I'm gonna say that any of the roster were wastes of slots. I'm not gonna advocate for character slander either. In fact, I don't think I ever participated in slandering popular Smash requests, nor have I ever **** on any fanbases of said requests. I would never do that, that's just mean.
That said get Banjo's boring ass outta here, can't believe the boomers won only to stop playing him 3 days later

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Look dude

As the resident Incineroar stan I just wanna say I’m sorry you got ** on, cuz some people take this ** way too seriously. It’s fine if you dislike one of my favorite characters, and it’s fine if you talk about it too.

As long as we recognize rule 24-C bylaw 12:
“If one talks too much ****, they should expect to get hit.” :nifty:
Oh yeah of course, it's why I keep my Incineroar slander to just occasional light jabs and not much more than that

goodnight for real now

D

Deleted member

Look, I'll just say #JusticeForPrimarina

Decidueye got into Pokken, Unite and even Legends: Arceus, Incineroar got into that little indie game called Smash Bros (though even then, Decidueye was considered as well). Primarina meanwhile can be glad if people even remember it exists.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look, I'll just say #JusticeForPrimarina

Decidueye got into Pokken, Unite and even Legends: Arceus, Incineroar got into that little indie game called Smash Bros (though even then, Decidueye was considered as well). Primarina meanwhile can be glad if people even remember it exists.
At least New Pokémon Snap got its back

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 337250

No ****ing way

Don’t tell me how, I gotta find this out myself.

But if this is the case, I pray for the kids…
How so? Did this game actually do something right?
Copy pasted from Reddit:
Some notable changes:

• Spiritomb has Sucker Punch over Embargo, and holds a Sitrus Berry
  • Milotic has a Flame Orb to trigger Marvel Scale
  • Gastrodon has Leftovers, can be annoying if you happen to not have a Grass type
  • Cynthia saves Garchomp for last as opposed to sending it 2nd or 3rd; it has Swords Dance and Poison Jab for fairy types, Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. The AI perfectly timed the Swords Dance usage for when the player used recovery items

Not sure about what’s Garchomp’s held item (all of them have one), and nothing special about Lucario or Roserade but they both hit pretty hard too, I believe Lucario has an Expert Belt

UPDATE: Garchomp’s ability is Rough Skin (HA), not Sand Veil

This is on top of DP Cynthia having a much harder team than Plat

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I have a terrible confesion for everyone.
Corrin was one of my most wanted for Smash 4 DLC.

I just saw their powers and thought they'd be neat. And I was right.

Just to put it out there, I have a very good reason to not like Incineroar that goes beyond "it should have been Decidueye" but I don't feel like going into it right now as I don't feel like turning this thread into Newcomer Speculation 2: Battle Tendency
Let me guess, a toxic Incineroar fan said something awful to you. Possibly involving death threats knowing Smash fandom.

Every support base thinks they're the only fans that get treated badly and feel the need to retaliate. It's that petty tribalism thing I was talking about.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Let me guess, a toxic Incineroar fan said something awful to you. Possibly involving death threats knowing Smash fandom.

Every support base thinks they're the only fans that get treated badly and feel the need to retaliate. It's that petty tribalism thing I was talking about.
Corrin has no personality but she has a pretty face, has a chainsaw and turns into a dragon.

I think that's a fair trade.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Corrin’s an ass character but the moveset’s pretty fun, so :drshrug:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Last post for the day

Yes, but it's not just that. Consider the fact Decidueye went from being the most popular pick for a Gen 7 Pokémon to a character few people cared about after E3 to a complete nobody after the vergeben leak.

Consider how the grinch leak gave me false hope that even if I may not get Decidueye, I might still get some characters I care about over the character that stole their spotlight, only for it to be fake

Consider having to see the "haha your character didn't make it into Smash so funne" memes on your Twitter timeline after that

And then consider learning a few months later that your most wanted character almost got in but got passed up and consider this was literally their past chance

Stop trying to lump me with the rest of the Smash fanbase

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Corrin is the example of great character design and ideas but no ****ing personality and is dumber than a box of rocks. FE Fates will always be in the shadow of Awakening and it's three routes split into three games will always be the worst part of it.

That being said I resented Corrin but then I heard Lost In Thoughts All Alone. If it wasn't for Beyond the Sky/Drifting Souls from Xeno, I'd say it's the best vocal theme Nintendo has made IMO.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last post for the day

Yes, but it's not just that. Consider the fact Decidueye went from being the most popular pick for a Gen 7 Pokémon to a character few people cared about after E3 to a complete nobody after the vergeben leak.

Consider how the grinch leak gave me false hope that even if I may not get Decidueye, I might still get some characters I care about over the character that stole their spotlight, only for it to be fake

Consider having to see the "haha your character didn't make it into Smash so funne" memes on your Twitter timeline after that

And then consider learning a few months later that your most wanted character almost got in but got passed up and consider this was literally their past chance

Stop trying to lump me with the rest of the Smash fanbase
Most of this sounds like typical Smash fandom drama to me.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't. A good amount of my faves are on the community's hit list actually.

That's why I'm not interested in filtering my words when it comes to characters I don't fancy.
Yo is this the start of the Punished osby arc?

You love to see it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Currently reading the Re:Zero light novel and....................

1636491736519.png

I'm gonna be nearly 30 to when the light novels in English get caught up to where Japan is now at this rate.

Like wow.........................that's a bit long but then you have One Piece fans out there. I don't know how those guys do it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
While they did indeed dip into it Twice, I woyld actually really like if Pokemon dipped into another American based region.

Like a region based on Florida. Or the metropolitian Midwest.

Can you imagine an Iowa region, where you have to fight Cornhelio, the legendary Corncob Pokemon found in the middle of the non-descriptive field?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
While they did indeed dip into it Twice, I woyld actually really like if Pokemon dipped into another American based region.

Can you imagine an Iowa region, where you have to fight Cornhelio, the legendary Corncob Pokemon found in the middle of the non-descriptive field?
Do a Wyoming region.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I think Hawaii is different enough from mainland America for us to get another.

Midwest-Pacific Northwest would be rad, and distinct enough from the east coast.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Copy pasted from Reddit:
Some notable changes:

• Spiritomb has Sucker Punch over Embargo, and holds a Sitrus Berry
  • Milotic has a Flame Orb to trigger Marvel Scale
  • Gastrodon has Leftovers, can be annoying if you happen to not have a Grass type
  • Cynthia saves Garchomp for last as opposed to sending it 2nd or 3rd; it has Swords Dance and Poison Jab for fairy types, Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. The AI perfectly timed the Swords Dance usage for when the player used recovery items

Not sure about what’s Garchomp’s held item (all of them have one), and nothing special about Lucario or Roserade but they both hit pretty hard too, I believe Lucario has an Expert Belt

UPDATE: Garchomp’s ability is Rough Skin (HA), not Sand Veil

This is on top of DP Cynthia having a much harder team than Plat
Really wished they kept Dragon Rush, but I'm glad the kids get to suffer like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom