• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
In my extremely casual opinion. I think Pokemon Remakes should nix the dual release and just put both versions of the game on one cart. It’d really help validate the price (though Nintendo and Gamefreak obviously don’t care). Also, I wish they would pick the most updated version of the game as a base. Like Platinum was already the most definitive version of Gen 4. If you wanna build on those games, why not use that?

I admit though I am incredibly biased towards Platinum as its the only mainline Pokemon game I’ve completed.

Also, are remakes counted as part of the original games generation or are they part of the gen they were actually made in?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In my extremely casual fan opinion. I think Pokemon Remakes should nix the dual release and just put both versions on the game on one cart. It’d really help validate the price (though Nintendo nor Gamefreak would obviously don’t care) Also, I wish they would pick the most updated version of the game as a base. Like Platinum was already the most definitive version of Gen 4, if you wanna build on those games. Why not use that?

I admit though I am incredibly biased towards Platinum as its the only mainline Pokemon game I’ve completed.

Also, are remakes counted as part of the original games generation or are they part of the gen they were actually made in?
Part of the Gen they were made in. FRLG is considered 3, HHSS is considered 4, ORAS is considered 6, etc...

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Like, I get that Unity is kinda notorious for the asset flip meme, but genuinely good games come out of Unity. Cuphead is one of the most creative games of the 2010s, and that was all Unity.
I mean, one of my top 5 games was made in RPG Maker XP.

Engines aren’t what make games good or bad, usually.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, one of my top 5 games was made in RPG Maker XP.

Engines aren’t what make games good or bad, usually.
Too bad Pokemon fans don't understand game development.
They'll see a company use a industry standard to make the workload significantly easier on them and deem that as lazy for not developing and using their own engine written in a 100% original language made up of years of their own machine code.

But they'll throw "Muh Billion Dollar Franchise" as if that's somehow an argument when it comes to engines of choice.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like, I get that Unity is kinda notorious for the asset flip meme, but genuinely good games come out of Unity. Cuphead is one of the most creative games of the 2010s, and that was all Unity.
To be fair it helps that you CAN'T call Cuphead an asset flip.

But yeah, engine quality=/=overall game quality. Trust me, Renderware was basically the Unity of the 2000s and I love certain Renderware games.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of the Gen they were made in. FRLG is considered 3, HHSS is considered 4, ORAS is considered 6, etc...
Of course, this gen distinction is pretty weird and arbitrary as of Dexit.

Like in Fire Red/Leaf Green were directly compatible with the Hoenn games and you could trade mons between them. But BDSP are pretended that games after the original Diamond and Pearl don't exist. You can still transfer pokemon from Sw/Sh to BDSP using Pokemon Bank, but is it really a gen 8 game if no gen 8 pokemon can exist in it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Too bad Pokemon fans don't understand game development.
They'll see a company use a industry standard to make the workload significantly easier on them and deem that as lazy for not developing and using their own engine written in a 100% original language made up of years of their own machine code.

But they'll throw "Muh Billion Dollar Franchise" as if that's somehow an argument when it comes to engines of choice.
smh lazy devs, why lazy devs no do this:

masterpiece.jpg

TPC should hire me, i used rpg maker for like, five minutes one time before i stopped (cause i got bored), i could totally do better than gamefrEAk

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
An interesting detail when using a Switch Pro controller on Xbox remote play on phone: The home button takes me back to the phone's homepage while the capture button functions as the Xbox's home button.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Of course, this gen distinction is pretty weird and arbitrary as of Dexit.

Like in Fire Red/Leaf Green were directly compatible with the Hoenn games and you could trade mons between them. But BDSP are pretended that games after the original Diamond and Pearl don't exist. You can still transfer pokemon from Sw/Sh to BDSP using Pokemon Bank, but is it really a gen 8 game if no gen 8 pokemon can exist in it?
BDSP also doesn't have Gen 5-7 pokemon either. I guess it's a Gen 4 game, then.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
BDSP also doesn't have Gen 5-7 pokemon either. I guess it's a Gen 4 game, then.
Except it's not really gen 4 either, since pokemon from gen 5-8 games can be transferred to it via pokemon bank, so long as they're in Sinnoh's National Dex. Not to mention the inclusion of the Fairy-type, and other mechanics from after Gen 4.

It's just weird.

Shroob

Sup?
Except it's not really gen 4 either, since pokemon from gen 5-8 games can be transferred to it via pokemon bank, so long as they're in Sinnoh's National Dex. Not to mention the inclusion of the Fairy-type, and other mechanics from after Gen 4.

It's just weird.
It's the Melmetal of games.

No one knows wtf it is.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
One Piece fans be like:

No, don't drop it, it gets good at Episode 273, I swear.

Yes, I know that's an old joke, but still relevant for some reason
Ackchyually it gets good at chapter 69 :bowsette:

....no I'm not joking, one of the best early arcs that will decide if you'll like this manga or not starts at that chapter number.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even if the Diamond/Pearl remake were flawless, I actually can't see anymore remakes happening after this (including Black/White).

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Even if the Diamond/Pearl remake were flawless, I actually can't see anymore remakes happening after this (including Black/White).
That'd ****ing suck considering Gen 5 is the one I want to play the most and physical copies are so expensive nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom