• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Gym Leaders seemingly use their Platinum teams when rematching.

Edit: This is 100% confirmed for Aaron, he uses Yanmega in the postgame
Roark and Gardenia also had their whole rosters revealed. Gardenia actually dumps Bellossom from her Platinum team and replaces it with Sunflora and Breloom. Every gym leader also has 6 mons. Compared to Platinums 5.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ok, and according to the people that played it, BDSP is BRUTAL in late-postgame even with exp share. Cynthia was made even harder, and the postgame rematches strajght up go full competitive. Streamers have had their asses laid out by E4 rematches
Okay.

I'm still fully understanding of anyone still whelmed by the game.

BUT HOOO BOOOY AM I HYPED RN

I'VE WANTED POKEMON TO OFFER CHALLENGE FOR YEARS

FINALLY

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
View attachment 337303

But I thought BDSP was supposed to have zero platinum content

What’s up bros??
Also, Distortion World is real. Granted, it's one room that isn't accessible yet, and you can only walk on one platform, but it looks real nice. You get the Griseous Orb there.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
You can get all the legendaries from Gens 1-3 there. One slab is needed to access each group
Genome Slab: Mewtwo
Kanto Slab: Legendary Birds
Johto Slab: Legendary Beasts
Rainbow Slab: Ho-oh
Squall Slab: Lugia
Discovery Slab: Legendary Titans
Soul Slab: Latias and Latios
Earth Slab (forgot proper name): Groudon
Sea Slab: Forgot proper name: Kyogre
Stratospheric Slab: Rayquaza
The Distortion Slab also exists, which sends you to the Distortion World, where you can get the Griseous Orb.

You can also apparently battle strong trainers there, though we dunno much on that.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
AND WE HAVE CONFIRMATION
THEY ALL USE THE PLATINUM TEAMS FOR THE REMATCHES. INCLUDING CYNTHIA!

And they're hard as ****.

Maylene also got an Infernape for post game
they also all add one new member, at least, for the most part. Can I see the teams anywhere, by the way?
Accidental triple post

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
they also all add one new member, at least, for the most part. Can I see the teams anywhere, by the way?
Accidental triple post
Atm, nk full teams yet, but it appears that
Aaron's Heracross is a ****ing nightmare, with Guts, Flame Orb, and Facade. He also has Scizor and Yanmega, Scizor is apparently also a nightmare OHKOing with Bullet Punch. No clue on his 6th because nobody made it that far

Maylene has an Infernape as her 6th with Overheat and White Herb

Wake has a Politoed as his 6th

Supposedly Cynthia's rematch
20211109_213302.jpg

Atm, all the rematches use Platinum+more to fill in the gaps.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like I said, that'll ultimately depend on how much ROMhackers think it's worth it to switch. Unity may be just as easy if not easier to mod, but more devices can run GBA ROMs than modded Switch games.
Well I was a dumbass and didn't consider the fact that the Unity SDK meant anyone could make an .exe file for BDSP. You know what that means.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 337303

But I thought BDSP was supposed to have zero platinum content

What’s up bros??
I don't wanna act like an I told you so moment, but I always had a feeling that postgame was all Platinum based, which is why they haven't showed off Platinum advances because it's again, all postgame.

That said, even I got a little worried but ILCA outdone themselves with the end, they somehow won back the fanbase with these balls to the walls postgame

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Not gonna elaborate on what or why for obvious reasons, but holy **** that's awesome.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
LMAOOOOO
Volkner has ****ing Pelliper as his 6th mon for his rematch team. It's most definitely for Drizzle though, so Thunder can never miss.

Anyways: Here arr the full Rematch teams
Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 MooMew64 MooMew64

Gym Rematches:
20211109_223427.jpg

Elite 4+ Cynthia rematches:
20211109_223437.jpg

Edit: So, there are actually 2 rematches with the E4 and Cynthia, this one is the first:
20211109_225756.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just want to ask one thing when it come to BDSP:

Can you finally get Regigigas without having to "get" (Aka hack) the Golem Trio into the game, and if yes, he is still Lvl 1?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can anyone confirm the post I've been seeing flying around?

Apparently both BDSP are on the same cart, and via hacking and tripping a flag, you can boot up the other version?
Tbf this seems to be the case for every mainline game in the series

KEEP HER AWAY FROM SAMUS!!!
I legit do not see the issue, Brie's been the most vocal fan of Metroid in all of Hollywood as far as I can tell

Shroob

Sup?
Tbf this seems to be the case for every mainline game in the series

I legit do not see the issue, Brie's been the most vocal fan of Metroid in all of Hollywood as far as I can tell
Hey Gwen can ya post somethin in the smt thread or somethin?

Mods ain't noticed I double posted and triple postin' may be a bit too obv. :nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk why or how…but within these past 2 years of knowing Persona, I somehow always end up listen to nearly an hour or more of their songs (mostly 5, but 3 and 4 get tons of attention as well…and some of 1 and 2 and not enough Q)

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So, looking into the leaks, the basis gist I'm getting is that the main story is a let down as it doesn't change anything major from the original DP games, but the post game makes up for it by adding rematches, legendaries and other little goodies. Definitely happy to hear that as the post-game has been a major sticking point for the fandom, and this seems to be more then up to par.

The only thing I can see being a sore spot is (outside of the Battle Frontier) is the lack of a "Platinum" Episode as I'm sure many wanted Giratina and the Distortion World to get a good amount of focus. We do get a bit of the latter at least, but it would've been nice to have gotten a little more to it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers
They've just announced some the One Piece Live Action cast

The actors they chose seem great I'm still getting over the concept of Live Action One Piece
Never heard of any of these actors, but they seem pretty stoked to play the straw hats and they all look the part so I'm down.

Still, I can't say I'm sold on this series just yet. One Piece and live-action don't exactly mesh very well

also i just realized netflix is adapting two of my favorite pieces of media to live action in the same year, the other being avatar the last airbender. help

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Those gym leader rematches are cool but they're still kind of the bair minimum for post game content. This doesn't really change my opinion on the games that much.

Granted I'm not that upset either, I didn't have huge expectations for these games and will probably be able to enjoy them regardless. Furst thing I'll probably do when I clear the games is shiny hunt Gligar.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Elevator Pitch: BlazeBlue x Guilty Gear: Tag Battle 2.

Made from scratch instead of reused assets. In addition to everything featured in the first one, characters from Guilty Gear, DragonBall FighterZ, GranBlue Fantasy VS, and the Double Dragon/Kunio-kun shared universe will appear. As well as anything else they can get that they want.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Elevator Pitch: BlazeBlue x Guilty Gear: Tag Battle 2.

Made from scratch instead of reused assets. In addition to everything featured in the first one, characters from Guilty Gear, DragonBall FighterZ, GranBlue Fantasy VS, and the Double Dragon/Kunio-kun shared universe will appear. As well as anything else they can get that they want.
What's BlazeBlue?

Also how can there be a BlazBlue x Guilty Gear 2 if there wasn't BlazBlue x Guilty Gear 1?

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Steve and Alex find some familiar things from Minecraft: a lever, an invisibility potion, and a rowboat. (Insert joke about how Minecraft invented these things)
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Peach (heh), Steve, and Alex have been kidnapped, it now falls upon me to find my old teammates, starting with Alex, Min Min, and Inkling Girl!
(Forgot to mention: I reclassed from a Mage to an Imp after the Dark Lord reset me for the first time, I became a Flower after the second reset. And here's a spoiler: after unlocking the ability to change classes at will, I returned to being a Mage.)
16.jpg

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Is Pokémon the greatest RPG series ever? Lotta people like it here, so I just need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom