• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can agree on that. Final Fantasy has better humour sometimes. Especially when they make fun of the bad translations.
I mean it's all subjective in the end

From what I've played I'd say Pokémon is my favorite RPG series, but I hesitate to call it the best due to being so merchandise driven which keeps it from reaching its full potential

Also I haven't played that many JRPGs so I'm not exactly the best person to answer this question

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Bamco’s pulling Jump Force from all digital stores next year.
I'm guessing this only applies to western countries because licensing these franchises for a western release must have been expensive and it isnt worth renewing the contracts.

Might be worth buying a copy just for the novelty of it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is Pokémon the greatest RPG series ever? Lotta people like it here, so I just need to know.
I see Pokemon as a Monster Collector first and a JRPG second. It's far from the first thing that comes to mind when someone says RPG.

The "greatest RPG of all time" title should probably go to Dungeons and Dragons honestly. I've never played it myself but RPGs as we know them wouldn't really exist without it, and even after all this time it's still widely played to this day.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

BDSP is getting a day -8 patch

D

Deleted member

New BDSP trailer:

Also info about the day 1 patch in the description:
Attention, Trainers: A software update (v 1.1.0) for the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl games will be available on November 11, 2021. This update will allow you to enjoy the communication features in the Grand Underground and Super Contest Shows, receive special items via Mystery Gift, and visit Ramanas Park after entering the Hall of Fame. At launch, a maximum of two players—yourself included—will be able to battle and trade Pokémon in the Union Room. A software update will be released in the future to allow for additional players.
Oh also, you can get Shayming in Legends: Arceus when you have a BDSP save. That's neat, I guess.

Edit: they took the video down, hah.
Edit 2: New video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

KEEP HER AWAY FROM SAMUS!!!
Brie Larson just has the look to play Samus and has no one question it. Same with Captain Marvel tbqh, she's like Robert Downey Jr. in how they just naturally look like the character they're supposed to play.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
New BDSP trailer:

Oh also, you can get Shayming in Legends: Arceus when you have a BDSP save. That's neat, I guess.

Them releasing a trailer for Jirachi and Mew a couple days after the leaks dropped has the same energy as when Shulk was revealed for smash where his trailer was called "I guess we have no choice!"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm guessing this only applies to western countries because licensing these franchises for a western release must have been expensive and it isnt worth renewing the contracts.

Might be worth buying a copy just for the novelty of it.

I'm not so sure about that...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Who was right? This girl is right. No more new spirit events.
considering dlc is done, it makes sense to end the other things (if only I could get that Dearly Beloved song for free)
The GTA definitive editions are looking...uh...
Beautiful

I’m sure Frieza is just going off to blow up this planet due to its long ass loading screens of old (unless that never left)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Tbh, Brie Larsom can play Samus super well. Considering that she's a huge fan of Metroid and is built like Samus (albiet shorter), I think she could pull off the part.
She also has no emotion and could really nail the other M plot.

I know full well how bad the game is, ive been watching from afar for years, i find it hilarious to watch.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
New BDSP trailer:

Pokemon diamond gets the better legendary Pokemon I do not take constructive criticism

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tbh, Brie Larsom can play Samus super well. Considering that she's a huge fan of Metroid and is built like Samus (albiet shorter), I think she could pull off the part.
plus, her obsession with gaming is a sort of guarantee that she wouldn’t be in it for the money
as I remember the time she dumped a man for saying she’s obsessed with Mario Galaxy 2
maybe Nintendo might wanna listen if they ever get into the idea of more Metroid media
She also has no emotion and could really nail the other M plot.
I mean…https://tenor.com/view/brie-larson-captain-marvel-carol-danvers-smile-pretty-gif-16582473
27228972-E743-47D3-88B0-4685AC313876.gif
9014C929-74CC-43C4-B6BE-99CFD4364132.jpeg
97CA54EE-BD0D-4EC1-886B-1DC7298D62E6.jpeg
1CB39FD9-3F4C-4394-83DF-8D164D4C3F4A.jpeg
E8B5B82A-BC96-48F7-99E7-2B81BE729946.gif
I’d say she’s pretty humanly expressive
Yes I know she’s a fan but honestly, Brie Larson Samus just feels like Chris Pratt Mario to me in that they’re obvious star-power choices
that’s just most acting pics, but one like this would make sense (at least until they get Chris Pratt to start looking like Samus himself of course)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yes I know she’s a fan but honestly, Brie Larson Samus just feels like Chris Pratt Mario to me in that they’re obvious star-power choices
Yeah, that's what happens when you're in the MCU. But unlike Chris Pratt voicing literally every animated character now, Brie can pull off a good Samus regardless of star power.

You seen Captian Marvel? Her stoic and expressionless performance is perfect for someone as cold and expressionless as Samus.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Yeah, that's what happens when you're in the MCU. But unlike Chris Pratt voicing literally every animated character now, Brie can pull off a good Samus regardless of star power.

You seen Captian Marvel? Her stoic and expressionless performance is perfect for someone as cold and expressionless as Samus.
Also both Brie Larson and Samus are hot

osby

Smash Obsessed
People calling Brie Larson flat because of Captain Marvel is so funny to me because apparently, we're judging actors based on their MCU performance now.

Like, come on, no actor brings their A-game to MCU and she was pretty decent in that movie after you know, her character regained her emotions.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People calling Brie Larson flat because of Captain Marvel is so funny to me because apparently, we're judging actors based on their MCU performance now.

Like, come on, nobody brings their A-game to MCU and she was pretty decent in that movie after you know, her character regained her emotions.
Tbh, Captian Marvel actually ruined discussion of Brie Larson forever because angry nerds froth at the mouth the moment you mention her. It's actually super ****ing annoying because she's talented as hell.
Also both Brie Larson and Samus are hot
D4A22zhVUAEUVmS.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Like, come on, nobody brings their A-game to MCU and she was pretty decent in that movie after you know, her character regained her emotions.
I mean…I wouldn’t say nobody brings in their A-Game (look at the Toms, the cool Chris boys, Elizabeth, the rare good Karen, and Benedict for example)

tho we’ve had those massive stinkers like Malekith and most definitely and easily the most disappointing of all…Iron Fist…

Jondolio

Smash Hero
This might be an unpopular opinion but I never found Brie's performance as Captain Marvel to be boring personally, I thought she was a lot of fun
There's a lot to criticize about that movie but I don't think Brie's performance is one of them

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, Captian Marvel actually ruined discussion of Brie Larson forever because angry nerds froth at the mouth the moment you mention her. It's actually super ****ing annoying because she's talented as hell.
Yeah, but I think a lot of nerds would do the same even without Captain Marvel because she dared to call for more diversity.

I mean…I wouldn’t say nobody brings in their A-Game (look at the Toms, the cool Chris boys, Elizabeth, the rare good Karen, and Benedict for example)

tho we’ve had those massive stinkers like Malekith and most definitely and easily the most disappointing of all…Iron Fist…
Some of these are arguable, tbh. Like, I'd say Chris Evans's performance in Knives Out was considerably better than anything he did as Steve Rogers. That's not to say he was bad in that role, it's just there is a difference between the acting skill you need for blockbusters versus more serious projects.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don’t think Samus should truly be seen as cold and expressionless. There wasn’t much need for her to speak as she’s almost always in an isolated environment and the logbooks provided exposition. There’s several moments in the series where her emotions are shown in more subtle ways, mainly through her actions and eyes through the visor.

I’m not a fan of Brie or Captain Marvel in general (both kinda rub me the wrong way) but I’m not as rabid concerning her and her roles. I enjoyed some of her past performances. I just don’t think she should be the first and only pick for this role.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This might be an unpopular opinion but I never found Brie's performance as Captain Marvel to be boring personally, I thought she was a lot of fun
There's a lot to criticize about that movie but I don't think Brie's performance is one of them
I didn't even like Captain Marvel, nor did I even care for the character, but Brie's talented. She can do the role.

Plus she was in Scott Pilgrim iirc, so uh...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's a Melee tournament in my area this weekend, and while I probably won't take part in it (they seem to be taking it really seriously, if the rules are any indication, and I tend to play as Kirby, Mewtwo, or Luigi in Melee, so I'd likely get annihilated), I figure I'll go and check it out to see what it's like. At the very least, it would be nice to meet people who share my interests; it doesn't seem like there are many opportunities for that where I live.

On the plus side, it's being held in a restaurant, so everyone who goes in need to have proof of vaccination.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some of these are arguable, tbh. Like, I'd say Chris Evans's performance in Knives Out was considerably better than anything he did as Steve Rogers. That's not to say he was bad in that role, it's just there is a difference between the acting skill you need for blockbusters versus more serious projects.
ngl I still haven’t seen Knives Out fully, so if Evans does better there, then that’s great
Insert tired worn out Chris Pratt joke here
TheMightyP is now set to be played by Chris Pratt in the next Noipoi film
Look, regardless of who plays Samus, we can all agree that Andy Serkis should be Ridley, right?
that is an amazing idea

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t think Samus should truly be seen as cold and expressionless. There wasn’t much need for her to speak as she’s almost always in an isolated environment and the logbooks provided exposition. There’s several moments in the series where her emotions are shown in more subtle ways, mainly through her actions and eyes through the visor.

I’m not a fan of Brie or Captain Marvel in general (both kinda rub me the wrong way) but I’m not as rabid concerning her and her roles. I enjoyed some of her past performances. I just don’t think she should be the first and only pick for this role.
Samus' characterization is often shown as stoic with the occaisional emotional cracks showing off her kind nature or intense rage so I get you.

ANYWAY DID Y'ALL KNOW THAT THE OTHER M PTSD SCENE ISN'T ACTUALLY ABOUT PTSD? CRAZY

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Chris Evans in Knives Out and Scott Pilgrim was way more entertaining than he ever was as Cap

Not dissing Cap or the MCU but it really doesn't showcase his full potential as an actor

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Chris Evans in Knives Out and Scott Pilgrim was way more entertaining than he ever was as Cap

Not dissing Cap or the MCU but it really doesn't showcase his full potential as an actor
don’t worry…his role as Buzz bout to outdo everything Chris Evans has ever done y’all
to Infinity…and credits time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom