• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tbh, Captian Marvel actually ruined discussion of Brie Larson forever because angry nerds froth at the mouth the moment you mention her. It's actually super ****ing annoying because she's talented as hell.
These angry nerds made hundreds of videos about Brie Larson almost every day which all they want are clicks and views which is rather sad of them and often use strawman arguments and unreliable sources.

Guess there is a reason why Zack Snyder disowned them and Simu Liu gave an "LOL" reaction when they thought his film was going to flop.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Even if Samus is in an enviroment where she doesn't need to talk much, she's still stoic and not overly expressive. Compare to Link who, despite not being much of a talker, shows a level of emotion in his animations and even grunting sound effects - even in games like Breath of the Wild where he spends most of his time by himself. Metroid is a game about isolation, yes, but Samus's character was made to reflect that. She's cold and distant, like the planets she's exploring.

Crazy how Other M's bad voice direction made us all so scared of a stoic character being portrayed as stoic.

Well, that and the gender double standard where people are more judgemental of stoic female characters then male ones.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
These angry nerds made hundreds of videos about Brie Larson almost every day which all they want clicks and views which is rather sad of them and often use strawman and unreliable sources.
I just wanna know, what did Brie say to get the nerds that mad?

And Simu Liu too, idk why people wanted Shang Chi to flop so badly

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I haven’t seen Brie Larson’s movies I don’t think, but the immense hatred people seem to have for her and other actors is very confusing and strange as heck lol. Is it similar to Pokémon “fans” bragging about how much they hate the game (you know, as in, people being extremely hateful over small things)?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

For Brie, I think it had something to do with this which triggered them. But then again, these angry nerds literally spun the narrative on what she said. They even thought that Captain Marvel was going to flop until they were proven wrong as the film had made over a billion in the box office.

As for Simu Liu, lets just say that these angry nerds always hate anything associated with diversity and race and I don't think they have any intentions to watch Shang Chi in the first place.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
She shared the results of an academic study that shows a significant majority of movie critics are white guys.

Some people think Shang Chi originated from a negative stereotype and Marvel should've gone with a different character rather than trying to modernize him.

For others, it's mostly sinophobia.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For Brie, I think it had something to do with this which triggered them. But then again, these angry nerds literally spun the narrative on what she said. They even thought that Captain Marvel was going to flop until they were proven wrong as the film had made over a billion in the box office.

As for Simu Liu, lets just say that these angry nerds always hate anything associated with diversity and race and I don't think they have any intentions to watch Shang Chi in the first place.
She shared the results of an academic study that shows a significant majority of movie critics are white guys.

Some people think Shang Chi originated from a negative stereotype and Marvel should've gone with a different character rather than trying to modernize him.

For others, it's mostly sinophobia.
That's it?
That's why people are this ****ing mad? Because of a proven academic study thus making her 100% correct?

Can't say much on Simu Liu other than nerds be racist.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

She's a woman, said she's a Gamer and said diversity is a good thing, the completely normal and reasonable response is make up a form of study and use it to prove how the other MCU cast absolutely hates being around her and gleefully saying that a movie she was in flopped despite being in like, top 3 best selling MCU movies as if it wasn't 'woke' for checks notes having a racism metaphor despite being US military propaganda, it'd have earned more I guess?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how many people who get mad at MCU being woke actually read comics.

Like, wait until you hear about the existence of gay superheroes.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I can't quite understand what constitues as woke. So changing characters to represent minority groups (black Superman, lesbian She-Ra, Black Jimmy Olsen) is seen as woke propaganda garbage. They say make our own unique characters. So they do (Steven Universe, Owl House, Shang Chi, etc). That's also considered woke proganda garbage.

I don't understand

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As we all should know by now, feminist are soley responsible for the systematic oppression of gamers in our society.

Like get with the program people.
Not only that, but they're filthy commies
938.jpg

Tbh, I can't quite understand what constitues as woke. So changing characters to represent minority groups (black Superman, lesbian She-Ra, Black Jimmy Olsen) is seen as woke propaganda garbage. They say make our own unique characters. So they do (Steven Universe, Owl House, Shang Chi, etc). That's also considered woke proganda garbage.

I don't understand
Woke is anything that implies that the cishet white dominant portrayal in media is a lie

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Very interesting they Shaymin is catchable in legends when it and Darkrai have had their events updated in BDSP, suggesting they will also be obtainable there at some point. To bad Shaymin is probably about to be shiny locked.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah, that's what happens when you're in the MCU. But unlike Chris Pratt voicing literally every animated character now, Brie can pull off a good Samus regardless of star power.

You seen Captian Marvel? Her stoic and expressionless performance is perfect for someone as cold and expressionless as Samus.
MightyP is one of the only people I know that can simultaneously throw shade and heap praise in one sentence.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Brie Larson is pretty good as an actress, Captain Marvel aside. The fact that she actively is interested in Metroid and plays things like Animal Crossing show she would bring a lot of passion to a Metroid movie imo.

I think people just seethe as her because they know they would never stand a shot to be with her or a woman like her lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I don't understand
making something that ends up being a popular enough decision is woke until they like it and decide it’s not woke

or at least that’s how I’m starting to think this is how they think

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
From what I’ve seen aside from Other M, when Samus has the opportunity to speak up, she’s characterized as soft-spoken, duty bound and introspective but is capable of showing compassion when sentient lives are on the line, (and has a few moments of rage like her trying to blow up Meta Ridley’s head). It seems that characterization is consistent over the rest of the series even in games where she’s considered a silent protagonist. You can see this with the Federation Landing site with Prime 2 and the deaths of the Hunters in 3. To me just playing the “cold and emotionless” bit isn’t enough, I feel any actress who portrays her would need to balance that and portray her emotions through her actions and her eyes with enough subtlety

I can respect Brie being a fan of the series, I just don’t think she should be the de facto choice for the role.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, Brie actually did kick out her bf because he said she took Mario Galaxy too seriously.

Why do people hate her? She's a True Gamertm.

Also, gentlemen, find yourself a girl who takes Mario Galaxy super seriously. If she doesn't, she ain't the one
Captain Marvel was a mediocre movie starring a woman, therefore she’s a witch and she must be burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom