• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Imagine if we got a kickass 2D and 3D Sonic game that year. **** would’ve been incredible.

Sonic fans aren’t allowed to be too happy with the series for long, I guess. Had to maintain the natural order.
Sonic fans are the same as Pokemon fans, only difference is that Sonic fans actually, genuinely, do hate the franchise

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic fans are the same as Pokemon fans, only difference is that Sonic fans actually, genuinely, do hate the franchise
Tell me about it. I have seen people complaining about what was said in the video in Sonic Stadium Message Boards.

Unleashed and Generations are great and that didnt stop the "Sonic had a rocky transition into 3D" narrative :/
Maybe Sonic Rangers will fix that? Oh who am I kidding! Probably not!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imagine if we got a kickass 2D and 3D Sonic game that year. **** would’ve been incredible.

Sonic fans aren’t allowed to be too happy with the series for long, I guess. Had to maintain the natural order.
Sonic: -Gets one great 2D and one great 3D game in the same year-

The universe itself:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I believe Forces received (and deserves) its reputation because it released after Mania and basically undid the good will that game created for the series after years of mediocre/abysmal titles.

Not only that, but it was a huge step down in quality from the previous boost games, and that really hurt to see since Generations did such a great job in polishing the formula.
I just dislike Forces because for four years it felt like Forces kept coming up regarding the quality of the franchise and made discussion irritating because there was nothing in those four years to truly replace it. Then when we did get something to replace it we got a remake in need of polish and that didn't fix much at all.

I admittedly did find it a little fun when it first released but I was basically baby in 2017 and I dunno how well current me would've received it back then. Still, Forces being the relevant new thing and lackluster at the same time for four years straight left a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
the discourse spawning from both fans sometimes makes me want to slam my head into a wall. so that is another point of comparison

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh God, Sonic Forces 2.

Please no.
Surely they wouldn't make the same mistakes again, right?

...Right?

Who am I kidding. This is Sonic Team we're talking about, of course they would.
Sonic 2022 sucks

But Zavok’s not in it

let’s all base these comments and turn them into good depending on whether or not the IDW comics are canon since it’s meant to be set right after Forces
the game you all love so much
Incineroar
flaming ****

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
the thing is, Sonic Forces on it's own isn't that bad of a game...

But it's painfully mediocre.

The basic promise of "Eggman win, now Sonic & co. have to defeat him in a world he control with a iron fist" isn't a premise that's never been done before, if we count the comic/cartoon show, but it still had a ton of potential for the game canon.

Like they all have those cool ideas that, whatever they make sense or not, could at least make for some great setpieces and/or show us those characters we loves in way we haven't seen before.

But NOPE, every time something interesting come up, the game goes the least interesting & safe way possible to go about it and in the end, it just feel like alot of nothing. (See Null Space being skipped in the first 10 seconds of the level despite a cutscene building up to it, or Eggman conquest of the world being not show but instead told to us with whites text on black background)

There is other thing worth mentionning I guess, but really, for a series that is know for being at least entertaining whatever it fail to live up to expectations, Sonic Force being so boring really make it worst than other titles in the franchise in a way.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
@GamerZardEX's AMA is now up

Annnnnd that it's it. As of current there's no one else on the list of future AMA subjects, so if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and have not gone at most twice before, please lemme know.

If I come back tommorow with no other takers, I'll officially open AMAs up to thirds, but we'll get there when we get there. And that's if we get there lol

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Annnnnd that it's it. As of current there's no one else on the list of future AMA subjects, so if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and have not gone at most twice before, please lemme know.

If I come back tommorow with no other takers, I'll officially open AMAs up to thirds, but we'll get there when we get there. And that's if we get there lol
I'll sign up for a third AMA. :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I'll sign up for a third AMA. :p
as would I…sure I won’t be asked many questions, but at least the AMA franchise will continue to live

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It is pretty surprising to me that KH gets so many side games. Given how many licenses are involved you’d think they would consistently go for a mainline entry. Guess Square and Disney just have a really good relationship.
They do. When it comes to Kingdom Hearts the two are incredibly close business partners for whatever reason. Though, the older games may also have been a side effect of Disney's more laissez faire policy with video games up until recently, as Kingdom Hearts 3 has more signs of Disney executive meddling than any game before it.

That being said, there is no such thing as a Kingdom Hearts side game or spin-off because every game (with the exception of Vcast which was an early spin off of KH1 before any other game in the series, didn't feature any Disney worlds, and which has been lost to time) is canon to the series story in some way. Every Kingdom Hearts game is a mainline entry.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku put me in coach

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The thing with Forces is that as good as the Boost formula is, it's not exactly accessible which explains the state of the game as the kids are meant to like Sonic too. Rangers being open world wouldn't have to compromise on this so I'm very curious how it pans out, especially if running around and exploring is plenty of fun

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Restarted Dread on Normal to get the last picture and get some sequence break practice for Hard Mode. Did the Early Grapple Beam>Bombs>Kraid track so far and in decent time so it's going good. Now I just need to get the Speed Booster so that I can pick things up.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Restarted Dread on Normal to get the last picture and get some sequence break practice for Hard Mode. Did the Early Grapple Beam>Bombs>Kraid track so far and in decent time so it's going good. Now I just need to get the Speed Booster so that I can pick things up.
btw, how do I actually do that?
Yesterday was the first time I heard about it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
btw, how do I actually do that?
Yesterday was the first time I heard about it
There's a room in Cataris which you can slide jump off of a ledge into a small gap, failure leads to falling in magma but once you get it right, just head to Dairon as if it were normal and get the bombs that way. There's plenty of youtube guides

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, I just watched the first episode of Inside Job. I'm not usually a fan of overly vulgar humor so all the swearing in the trailer worried me, but after watching the first episode I think I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had a lot of little good jokes that while none made me laugh individually, still managed to keep me entertained throughout. I was also worried Reagan would be unlikeable as a protagonist but I ended up sympathizing with her a lot more then I thought I would.

I'd like to watch some more but I'll have to be going back to work soon. Besides it's probably better to pace myself with this stuff then to watch it all in one or two sittings.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Shroob Shroob , remember that Lisa The Joyful fangame called Growing Pain?

Well
Unless something sus or bad happen, we know when it will be out!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125

I’ll sign up for a third AMA

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Bad Piggies 2.jpg

I wish this was real...:(
(Would've been cool to play this, shame it was fake or cancelled.)
  • New story about something different
  • Water levels allowing you to build boats or submarines
  • Space levels for rockets
  • Even better physics
  • More new vehicle parts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom