• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
At least here in Jersey, Yokai Watch was really big for about six months. Then Sun/Moon started to come out and nobody talked about it anymore.
It feels like it was kinda big everywhere. Feels like the marketing went nutso over it and you couldn't walk into a Gamestop or big box store like Walmart or Target and not see Yo-Kai Watch everywhere

And then it all just up and vanished.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It feels like it was kinda big everywhere. Feels like the marketing went nutso over it and you couldn't walk into a Gamestop or big box store like Walmart or Target and not see Yo-Kai Watch everywhere

And then it all just up and vanished.
TLDR the game that made the series big in Japan was released around the same time as Sun and Moon in America.

...You can probably guess how that turned out.

It's interesting to me how Digimon's managed to stay alive, though. It's a looot more niche in comparison, but it's carved out it's own little fandom and seems to exist well enough.
That's kinda because Digimon went dormant for a few years and when they relaunched it they aimed it at a slightly older audience than the old stuff. So now it's more a teens game than a kids game like Pokemon and Yokai.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I watched a bit of yokai watch on Netflix the show was fine but couldn’t really get past a lot of the designs I mean some Pokémon are ugly but almost every yokai was ugly
I think it says a lot that YW's "Gen 1" included sentient buttcheeks whilst Pokémon is like... regular RPG stuff at worst in Gen 1

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I talk a little **** on Digimon, mostly on how nuts some of the designs can get and the confusing evolution lines. But I really think it’s alright. I’ve got a lot of respect for it, and it’s fans.

It’s not really my thing, but that’s okay. I’m not one of those hyper-territorial Pokémon fans.

Anymore
Pokemon fans, either get really defensive and territorial when another monster catching game comes to the west (That isnt Persona)
Or desperately want a Pokemon killer so Gamefreak actually has to TRY with their games.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Or desperately want a Pokemon killer so Gamefreak actually has to TRY with their games.
It's crazy, because these people will still buy or stream the game just to tell the audience just how bad it is, withkut realizing that they still give the game ****ing publicity which means more people are gonna buy it to see what the hubbub is about.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Seriously though the subject of monster catching games really hits a nerve with me.

So many great titles get ignored and disappear from the west but Pokemon moves on but got worse the further it got. It's so annoying that people think everyone is a Pokemon rip off.

And then there's Shin Megami Tensei/Persona which apparently gets a pass.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Seriously though the subject of monster catching games really hits a nerve with me.

So many great titles get ignored and disappear from the west but Pokemon moves on but got worse the further it got. It's so annoying that people think everyone is a Pokemon rip off.

And then there's Shin Megami Tensei/Persona which apparently gets a pass.
Tbh, not even SMT is getting a pass nowadays

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Pokémon Killers, I don’t think this will or should kill it, but I really hope this game resurfaces again soon:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
before the game released, the NASB discord server had lots of people trashing on the Switch, and how nobody would play the game on a trash console compared to the PlayStation and Xbox consoles and PC…
…then it ended up being the console the most players are on…and the best way to play the game, followed by PC…

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
before the game released, the NASB discord server had lots of people trashing on the Switch, and how nobody would play the game on a trash console compared to the PlayStation and Xbox consoles and PC…
While I'm not on that server, I've been to the subreddit, and, uh...

Yeah, there's definitely a crowd there that's just there to dump on Smash and try to pick fights, lol.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Probably should’ve posted this when more people were around.

Hear me out, a new live action/CGI Garfield movie that takes after Tom & Jerry where all the animals are cartoonish CG made to look 2D. Dunno the premise for it yet but here’s the cast I had in mind:

Garfield: Maurice LaMarche
Odie: Gregg Berger
Jon Arbuckle: Bill Hader
Liz Wilson: Janeane Garofalo
Nermal: Jack Dylan Grazer
Arlene: Jenny Slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom