• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Also Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura curious to ask but what part of Florida you from?

Curious.

Is it November 5th yet?
Why, you Guy Fawkes?

"Remember, remember
The fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

All of you should watch V for Vendetta.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
(the serious topic)
as a Christian myself I respect LGBT+ people and honestly I’ve been thinking it’s likely not a sin anyway based on what I’ve read about what the original text in the Bible says (before translations and stuff) + the Bible says there were other things that were “abominations” in those old laws that were supposed to have been made obsolete when Jesus came but noooo they’re all fine today except gay people for some reason…

At least some people who think it’s a sin still respect them and accept them as friends and family and stuff…my family is like this though tbh I guess how I was raised did make me think being gay was weird for a long time (but they don’t harass anyone or are evil or anything i.e. my grandma is still friends with gay people sooo I think they accept LGBT people even if they don’t necessarily agree with it; also while I used to think it was weird there was never any hate so yeah I believe it’s all good at least mostly). Honestly I’m still confused by some things like the whole identifying as “it/its” thing but it’s not like I’m gonna treat anyone as lesser for it lol.

If you’re evil to anyone, nonetheless just because of their sexuality or race, you’re not really being Christian nor just a good human being in general; bigotry is stupid…

Also, I’m very confused how zealots can twist the religion to be racist, like how could they have found anything racist at all in the Bible? Slavery? God had a plan to make that better and eventually end it being a thing, not to mention Abraham’s people were enslaved and considering the area they likely had similar skin colors and stuff anyway >_>

It also makes me hesitant to bring up my religion usually since the zealots have caused some people to generalize us…

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura curious to ask but what part of Florida you from?

Curious.

Why, you Guy Fawkes?

"Remember, remember
The fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I know of no reason
Why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot."

All of you should watch V for Vendetta.
South FL, that’s all I can say without being borderline doxxed
(the serious topic)
as a Christian myself I respect LGBT+ people and honestly I’ve been thinking it’s likely not a sin anyway based on what I’ve read about what the original text in the Bible says (before translations and stuff) + the Bible says there were other things that were “abominations” in those old laws that were supposed to have been made obsolete when Jesus came but noooo they’re all fine today except gay people for some reason…

At least some people who think it’s a sin still respect them and accept them as friends and family and stuff…my family is like this though tbh I guess how I was raised did make me think being gay was weird for a long time (but they don’t harass anyone or are evil or anything i.e. my grandma is still friends with gay people sooo I think they accept LGBT people even if they don’t necessarily agree with it; also while I used to think it was weird there was never any hate so yeah I believe it’s all good at least mostly). Honestly I’m still confused by some things like the whole identifying as “it/its” thing but it’s not like I’m gonna treat anyone as lesser for it lol.

If you’re evil to anyone, nonetheless just because of their sexuality or race, you’re not really being Christian nor just a good human being in general; bigotry is stupid…

Also, I’m very confused how zealots can twist the religion to be racist, like how could they have found anything racist at all in the Bible? Slavery? God had a plan to make that better and eventually end it being a thing, not to mention Abraham’s people were enslaved and considering the area they likely had similar skin colors and stuff anyway >_>

It also makes me hesitant to bring up my religion usually since the zealots have caused some people to generalize us…
My family and church are more like your family, they still respect even though they see it as a “sin”. I just don’t wanna voice an opinion to the contrary

and yeah I agree with your overall message esp about the zealots giving us a bad name

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ok. I’ve seen and actually thoroughly enjoyed The Nightmare Before Christmas and this world was pretty good. Though Oogie Boogie’s boss theme not being a remix of the Oogie Boogie song is criminal.
Do you plan on playing Chain of memories after KH1?

Because the Oogie boss fight in that game always felt like the most tedious thing lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sometime before the Illumination Mario movie drops, I plan to watch both the 1986 anime Mario movie and the 1993 live-action Mario movie.

For the live-action one, I plan see the version where fans digitally remastered +20 minutes of deleted scenes then put it back in the movie. 🙃

Dutch Raikuna

I’ve always been too shy to talk to famous people lmao,,

maybe someday though…
I'd be weird. If it's like a meet and greet in the Comic Con I'd feel appalled at. Knew one of my friends met a few voice actors at one and it was like £30/$40 for an autograph and a pic. It just felt appalling in a way. Understandable but just like eh.

If you see them in a street, then I'd like nod to them and move on. If you see them in a local shop or something like a waiting room then I'd chat.

Then again where I live, famous people are pretty much non existent unless they are visiting and then I'd ask "why visit here in NI?".

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TheMightyP TheMightyP Pokelego999 Pokelego999 TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Was doin' more Optifine VS Iris comparisons because I like to talk about arbitrary, funny frame numbers:

The interesting thing to note here is that Iris is getting very close to Optifine, and it's only been on the scene for I think a little less than a year or so! However, it does have to be mentioned in pure prettiness factor, Optifine does still have it beat: The addition of PBR and and much higher customizability with lightshafts really helps make scenes stand out on Optifine.

However, this comes at a cost: Optifine will require a very beefy PC to run anwhere near decent, and lower resolutions to boot. Both of these screenshots were taken on a resolution of 1920x1080, anything higher and Optfine will start to wheeze, especially on higher chunk render distances: In order to get solid framerates like the ones you see in the Optifine screen, render distance has to be lowered to at least 10, and there is room for dips depending on what's on screen. I imagine the Nether especially could cause dips, which could require going as low as 8 to help keep things consistent.

Iris, while lacking features and needs the support of several other mods to help it really shine, is an attractive alternative thanks to its lightweight, fast updating nature that will rarely break mods/modpacks and will easily triple your framerate, even at much higher resolutions than 1920x1080. It's only true weakness atm is the lack of shader options and much rougher looking waterfalls, but with active support and parity with Optfine being constantly worked on, I'm excited for this mod's future.

Now, do I see Iris replacing Optifine? Will Fabric really topple Forge like I've been claiming this week in my admittedly getting-ahead-of-myself excitement at the new kid on the scene?

Maybe? It really depends, honestly, A lot of the old guard in the modding community has stuck with Forge for so long, will they really want to move to Fabric? It's hard to say. Fabric offers a much healthier environment by nature of being open sourced, practically guaranteeing as little conflicts with mods as possible, but that also comes with the unfortunate truth that it's gonna be an uphill battle to convince people to use it when it's a lot more work than Forge to set up. Mods like Mythic Mounts, Better End and Better Nether are certainly helping people make the leap, but we still lack mods like Alex's Mobs or an equivalent to it, and that definitely hurts when mods like that are extremely hard to give up when they add so much to the already amazing canvas the game is.

I think for now, Forge and Optifine are the more objectively best choice if you have a PC that can comfortably run them. This time next year, though? I'll be very curious to see where things are. I think big shake ups are coming, like the ModLoader VS Forge days of old.

So yeah, for now, I reccommend running both! Hurrah, for coexistence!

However, Fabric offers a mod that adds all the Minecraft Earth mobs like Mooblooms to the game, so yeah, Forge's trash. :yeahboi:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'd be weird. If it's like a meet and greet in the Comic Con I'd feel appalled at. Knew one of my friends met a few voice actors at one and it was like £30/$40 for an autograph and a pic. It just felt appalling in a way. Understandable but just like eh.

If you see them in a street, then I'd like nod to them and move on. If you see them in a local shop or something like a waiting room then I'd chat.

Then again where I live, famous people are pretty much non existent unless they are visiting and then I'd ask "why visit here in NI?".
When it comes to voice actors i once bumped into Vic Mignogna in a hallway at a convention i went to. He was clearly headed to get lunch to i didnt really say anything else to him other than sorry for not looking where i was walking.

I mean yeah. I plan on playing all the games. Not really looking forward to Chain of Memories but I’m gonna play it. It is only like half the length of KH1 correct?
Yeah, it's really short since it was originally a GBA game.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I know I said "Wonder Over Yonder" is next on my watch list, but what are you guys' thoughts on "Big City Greens?"
I know nothing about that show, yet I see plenty of love for it.
You see love for it? That's a surprise, since I don't see it talked about nearly as much as Owl House or Amphibia.

It's a hilarious show with great characters. Just a heads up tho, there's a chance you'll hate the protagonist.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I heard someone talk about Chain of Memories

My fellow Social Thread viwers, I come to you this day to say this:

CoM good

That is all.
I like it, though its mostly nostalgia since that was my introduction to the series.

Also my introduction to Cloud, my disappointment when i found out the red scarf isnt a normal part of his design was immesurable.

Dutch Raikuna

When it comes to voice actors i once bumped into Vic Mignogna in a hallway at a convention i went to. He was clearly headed to get lunch to i didnt really say anything else to him other than sorry for not looking where i was walking.
Anyone who could be remotely called famous in my town I've have been local politicians. One was a nice guy, met him in a really awkward circumstance.

Did have one of my closest friends meet Troy Baker and Nolan North at a Comic-Con or though a few years back which was nice to hear.
I would have went but then I found about the price stuff and I also hated crowds so nope for me.

I do remember when Morgan Freeman went on holiday to my city a few years back and people were trying to find him. That was funny.

I heard someone talk about Chain of Memories

My fellow Social Thread viwers, I come to you this day to say this:

CoM good

That is all.
Without Chain of Memories a good part of The Worlds Ends With You wouldn't have existed.

Remember this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Kaiji Tang, the voice of Detective Pikachu, is going to be doing a Q&A on a Discord server I'm on today.

So I'm not gonna ask him about anything VO related and just ask about his thoughts on this instead. :4pacman:
View attachment 335630
He just chuckled uncomfortably and said "I've never seen this, this is very unnerving. Detective Pikachu as a concept is very unnerving" and then proceeded to go into a deep discussion how waking up as a Pikachu would be horrifying.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna So, the final episode of Fena: Pirate Princess finally aired today and I finished it as someone who's been keeping up with it since it first started airing...

This might be the most disappointed I've been with an anime in quite some time. It had a promising premise backed by wonderful art, animation, and a beautiful soundtrack, only to throw it all away with sloppy world building, zero character development, and contrived plot points in the last couple of episodes that don't mesh well at all with the narrative and rules that were established earlier in the show. Super disappointed with the direction it took after such a solid start and how anticlimactic and unearned the ending felt. Absolutely needed two cours to flesh out the later story beats.

kylexv

Smash Master
(the serious topic)
As a Christian myself, the intersection between the LGBTQ community and what is written in the Bible is definitely very complex, and it's something I personally want to understand more but feel that biases of other people will get in the way of. I also agree with your comment on zealots giving Christianity a bad name. I feel that if you take the time to read what is said in the Bible that you'll find that it runs quite contrary to the views of these zealots, and pains me to see this warped view of Christianity get in the way of the truth about it.

Dutch Raikuna

Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna So, the final episode of Fena: Pirate Princess finally aired today and I finished it as someone who's been keeping up with it since it first started airing...

This might be the most disappointed I've been with an anime in quite some time. It had a promising premise backed by wonderful art, animation, and a beautiful soundtrack, only to throw it all away with sloppy world building, zero character development, and contrived plot points in the last couple of episodes that don't mesh well at all with the narrative and rules that were established earlier in the show. Super disappointed with the direction it took after such a solid start and how anticlimactic and unearned the ending felt. Absolutely needed two cours to flesh out the later story beats.
Ain't gonna lie I was tempted by you telling me about but that does seem disappointing. Cool premise as well.

I'm unsure what anime to go for next. I'd recommend Takt Op Destiny or Platinum End if you want a new seasonal as both have great premises. Former being in a way, Fate with music set in America.

I might go for Tamako Market or Haruhi Suzumiya next thinking about it or rewatch Vivy: Fluorite's Eyes Song (another easy recommend) as it's a great and depressing show.

Oh yeah the GBA version was made by the same people.
It's a shame really cause the GBA version I still find pretty interesting. As much as Re:Chain is alright, wouldn't mind a pixel remaster of the GBA version.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ain't gonna lie I was tempted by you telling me about but that does seem disappointing. Cool premise as well.

I'm unsure what anime to go for next. I'd recommend Takt Op Destiny or Platinum End if you want a new seasonal as both have great premises. Former being in a way, Fate with music set in America.

I might go for Tamako Market or Haruhi Suzumiya next thinking about it or rewatch Vivy: Fluorite's Eyes Song (another easy recommend) as it's a great and depressing show.

It's a shame really cause the GBA version I still find pretty interesting. As much as Re:Chain is alright, wouldn't mind a pixel remaster of the GBA version.
Why a pixel remaster? Why not an actual remaster with actual 2D art graphics? Or like… just dump the rom on one of the online stores emulated.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Depends, how old are they and were they annoying?
they were around 3-9 year olds being inside of a haunted “whatever the hell it was that I was inside of for an elementary school”
**** them kids
you right
lets be real tho

when u read my posts with my (heckin adorable) octoling octo form pfp

do you imagine it narrated in the octo expansion octoling girl's noises

i do and it's freakin cute UwU
I mostly picture your words being read by a big hulking mafia member who enjoys manslaughter as if it’s an Olympic sport…yet looks like an innocent child

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
they were around 3-9 year olds being inside of a haunted “whatever the hell it was that I was inside of for an elementary school”
In my expert opinion on making small children fear you, 1-5 deserve sympathy and 6-12 are asking for it. Depending on how nice or annoying they are this can be moved up or down about 2 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom