• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me today is like.

Government: "Here's £100 to spend local to boost our economy!"

Me then using to buy Nintendo Eshop money:

Government:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.jpg

----------

Quick family vent.

Also my sibling is blasting music and I'm finding it hard to control myself. Whoever invented basing should be kneecapped. It feels like someone is pushing against me with a mattress and its' making me anxious.

A year and a half he hasn't talked to me, still claims to know me better than anyone else: blasts music knowing full well I have sensory issues auditorily as I'm super sensitive to certain sounds. It's like I don't exist. Man I dread the day one of my bio parents die and me, my brother and my sister will have to be in the same room. Really dread it when it happens.

I really dislike my family. No wonder why I want out.

I know I’m on vacation and I shouldn’t be thinking about stressful things

But man

The fact that my whole family was born into some insane cult against our will, want to break free, but can’t yet because of monetary problems. Basically keeping us trapped with these wackos for the indefinite future, having to abide by their crazy rules when all me and my family want to do is live our lives and be happy…

It really brings me down sometimes.

Just needed to vent a bit. Sorry.

I really hope you do break out of it. You have the right mindset and away from them I know you will go far. You are like a number of us: people who will be unbeatable once we are out of our current environments. Those walls we have to face will crumble and we are all there to support you throughout.

No need to apologise Noi. You're human, we all need to vent when we can.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Me today is like.

Government: "Here's £100 to spend local to boost our economy!"

Me then using to buy Nintendo Eshop money:

Government:
View attachment 335617

----------

Quick family vent.

Also my sibling is blasting music and I'm finding it hard to control myself. Whoever invented basing should be kneecapped. It feels like someone is pushing against me with a mattress and its' making me anxious.

A year and a half he hasn't talked to me, still claims to know me better than anyone else: blasts music knowing full well I have sensory issues auditorily as I'm super sensitive to certain sounds. It's like I don't exist. Man I dread the day one of my bio parents die and me, my brother and my sister will have to be in the same room. Really dread it when it happens.

I really dislike my family. No wonder why I want out.

I really hope you do break out of it. You have the right mindset and away from them I know you will go far. You are like a number of us: people who will be unbeatable once we are out of our current environments. Those walls we have to face will crumble and we are all there to support you throughout.

No need to apologise Noi. You're human, we all need to vent when we can.
When you say “super sensitive to certain sounds” you mean like misophonia?

because I have a very specific kind of misophonia at this one lady at church who CANNOT SING FOR ****. Her voice is shrill, nasal, and off key and she’s an usher who’s assigned to my pew. And when it’s her turn to sing I try to flee to the bathroom to avoid hearing her voice

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Some serious stuff (but not personal... kinda)So the preacher at the church my family (back at home) attends was going on an alt-right rant about the mainstream media and trans people and pronouns and ****, and not too long ago they ranted about anti-racism and crap like that.

And then they wonder why I stopped going to church.

Mind you, this is the third church they they moved two because the first two were awful, and this one showing it's true colors

Dutch Raikuna

When you say “super sensitive to certain sounds” you mean like misophonia?

because I have a very specific kind of misophonia at this one lady at church who CANNOT SING FOR ****. Her voice is shrill, nasal, and off key and she’s an usher who’s assigned to my pew. And when it’s her turn to sing I try to flee to the bathroom to avoid hearing her voice
More or less.

I can't handle certain sounds, partially due to autism. Basing, singing, high pitched sounds, stamping, sudden clapping. And since home is like "my safe space" I'm a lot more sensitive to it. My family is like "you choose to be sensitive at home" and it pisses me off.

And by the way, when it gets to a certain point I really lose control of myself, so I tend to scream and shout uncontrollably.
My brothers don't give a **** and they would have done on purpose in the past. I can't ever go into a car with them again cause they blast music and have caused me to snap my phone in two and they were like "grow up!".

Wanna know what basing and loud music is like to me? Like getting a mattress pushed against me or someone pushing me. In fact maybe I'd maybe be on better terms if my brothers attended a damn class on autism and learnt that if affects everyone differently cause it's like half the reason why I broke away from them.

Even hurts when you still have to share a house with them still and they don't even reply to something as simple as "hey I'm going out, do you need anything" or "Good morning". Again I dread the day one of my bio parents die, cause I'll have to be in the same room as my older and my sister who's just as bad in there own way.

Had to rant again.

Some serious stuff (but not personal... kinda)So the preacher at the church my family (back at home) attends was going on an alt-right rant about the mainstream media and trans people and pronouns and ****, and not too long ago they ranted about anti-racism and crap like that.

And then they wonder why I stopped going to church.

Mind you, this is the third church they they moved two because the first two were awful, and this one showing it's true colors

Wow, homophobic much?

I really don't get those kind of people.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
More or less.

I can't handle certain sounds, partially due to autism. Basing, singing, high pitched sounds, stamping, sudden clapping. And since home is like "my safe space" I'm a lot more sensitive to it. My family is like "you choose to be sensitive at home" and it pisses me off.

And by the way, when it gets to a certain point I really lose control of myself, so I tend to scream and shout uncontrollably.
My brothers don't give a **** and they would have done on purpose in the past. I can't ever go into a car with them again cause they blast music and have caused me to snap my phone in two and they were like "grow up!".

Wanna know what basing and loud music is like to me? Like getting a mattress pushed against me or someone pushing me. In fact maybe I'd maybe be on better terms if my brothers attended a damn class on autism and learnt that if affects everyone differently cause it's like half the reason why I broke away from them.

Even hurts when you still have to share a house with them still and they don't even reply to something as simple as "hey I'm going out, do you need anything" or "Good morning". Again I dread the day one of my bio parents die, cause I'll have to be in the same room as my older and my sister who's just as bad in there own way.

Had to rant again.

Wow, homophobic much?

I really don't get those kind of people.
Christianity.

It's got people in a bind

KillerCage

Smash Master
I know I said "Wonder Over Yonder" is next on my watch list, but what are you guys' thoughts on "Big City Greens?"
I know nothing about that show, yet I see plenty of love for it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
my church doesn't get into politics very often, but when they do, it's not too egregious but it still makes me uncomfortable

plus a few are orange man stans and one (who isn't even attending due to their stringent mask policies) is an anti-mask/anti-vaxx conspiracy theorist

i sometimes thinking about finding a more progressive establishment

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
my church doesn't get into politics very often, but when they do, it's not too egregious but it still makes me uncomfortable

plus a few are orange man stans and one (who isn't even attending due to their stringent mask policies) is an anti-mask/anti-vaxx conspiracy theorist

i sometimes thinking about finding a more progressive establishment
Yeah, I've been trying to find a more progressive establishment, but uh, I'm in some hick town in Wisconsin

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Melee scene stuff about platform fighters is a good tell that the person "leaking" the game in question is full of it, as if NRS pivoting to a platform fighter format when their traditional style is still the best selling of any non platform fighter over the past decade wasn't already a big tell.

However:

The general concept seems to at least exist, it just isn't NRS. If anything it's from John Tobias' new studio
The melee part is exactly why I thought that person was bull ****ting. It came across as a triggered smash player who thinks melee good ultimate bad.

Not surprising there is still a game like it being worked on though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I've been trying to find a more progressive establishment, but uh, I'm in some hick town in Wisconsin
FL for me

plus, i kinda fear the others' reactions if i do find another place. the Tr*mpers I'm not so worried about, frick them. but the others...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know I said "Wonder Over Yonder" is next on my watch list, but what are you guys' thoughts on "Big City Greens?"
I know nothing about that show, yet I see plenty of love for it.
That’s exactly how I would describe my response. I haven’t watched BCG, but I know it has a strong fanbase. I do know you can find some good video essays for it on YouTube if you interested in seeing if the show is for your tastes.

Dutch Raikuna

God: Love everybody

These dudes:
View attachment 335623
It's God makes everyone unique until said person is LGBT, then God made a mistake and thus he's imperfect.

I'm surprised they don't see the issue with their teachings.

Warning. A bit too blunt for some:

"And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time... But He loves you! "

Again I just don't get those people.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fun fact! Five years are taken off of my life span each time religious folks stray from their "love everyone" mentality and proceed to **** on minorities.
No but seriously, it's a real freakin' pain. Folks like this are exactly why I rarely bring up my religious views. I'm religious, but honestly, if you're a person of color or LGBTQ, yo, good for you. You're all great folks and you don't deserve the crap you get sent your way daily.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I'm gonna go super off topic and ramble.
Ya know that casting call I set up for my project? I am getting... lots of auditions. Heck, some professional VAs auditioned. Not sure if y'all have heard of No Straight Roads, but the voice of Mayday in No Straight Roads was one of the pro VAs who auditioned, and I especially love her audition-

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I'm gonna go super off topic and ramble.
Ya know that casting call I set up for my project? I am getting... lots of auditions. Heck, some professional VAs auditioned. Not sure if y'all have heard of No Straight Roads, but the voice of Mayday in No Straight Roads was one of the pro VAs who auditioned, and I especially love her audition-
My dude moving up in the world you love to see it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm considering calling myself done with the MCU.

It's a real pain if you're behind on the series and doesn't help that Marvel Studios cranks them out at an insane pace (4 movies and 5 Disney+ specials in a single year is flat-out overkill). So no more for me

I might be getting tired of superhero movies in general.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
FL for me

plus, i kinda fear the others' reactions if i do find another place. the Tr*mpers I'm not so worried about, frick them. but the others...
I know it's not a secret that I'm a darkie, but sometimes I legit fear for my safety because there's a lot of religious nutjobs out here that want me suppressed, or worst case, dead.

Makes it kinda hard for me tbh

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know it's not a secret that I'm a darkie, but sometimes I legit fear for my safety because there's a lot of religious nutjobs out here that want me suppressed, or worst case, dead.

Makes it kinda hard for me tbh
at least my church has black, asian, and hispanic people. mostly hispanic, being FL

...i actually haven't seen many asians there now that i think about it. i don't think there's a lot of asians in FL to begin with

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm considering calling myself done with the MCU.

It's a real pain if you're behind on the series and doesn't help that Marvel Studios cranks them out at an insane pace (4 movies and 5 Disney+ specials in a single year is flat-out overkill). So no more for me

I might be getting tired of superhero movies in general.
You can't be tired of justice, it's a idea, a belief!
Screen Shot 10-24-21 at 10.48 PM.PNG
No for real, it's understandable.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the two National Treasure films on Disney+ today and well all I can say is that it almost felt like watching the same thing in which I found some similarities based upon its plot.

Anyways other than that, I've started to get myself back to driving my car after many years and I'm starting to regain my confidence again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom