• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So a question for Noipoi Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , my Pokemon brethren:

How fast can I get a Skitty in Gen 4
If you’re referring to BDSP, the only way to catch it would be the Sinnoh Underground. Where’ll you be catching the non-Sinnoh native Pokémon. No idea how fast you’ll be able to find it, sorry.

It’s the same with me and Sableye lol

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Club Penguin was my **** back in the day.
same. I still play club penguin rewritten. Disney may have destroyed the original but thankfully they can’t take down the copied versions. I’ll always play CPR until CP is officially brought back.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If you’re referring to BDSP, the only way to catch it would be the Sinnoh Underground. Where’ll you be catching the non-Sinnoh native Pokémon. No idea how fast you’ll be able to find it, sorry.

It’s the same with me and Sableye lol
Understood

time for speedrun

skittyangyGAMERMODE.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
Understood

time for speedrun

View attachment 335603
One thing to note is that, by putting up different statues in your underground secret base, different types of Pokémon will spawn more. I’m not entirely sure how it works, but I’m sure they’ll explain it. So set your statues to make normal types spawn, and run around looking for Skitty.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Alright, alright, as somebody who really didn't like Incineroar being in when he was first revealed, all I can say is... give him a chance. Like - he's such a fun character, you have no idea.
I gave them a chance. I admit they're kinda fun, I just can't separate them from the agony that was being a Decidueye fan during Ultimate base game speculation.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Anyway

I'm working on a doc for my Dream Smash game and I'd like to get some opinions on what the newcomer reveal order should be.

For reference, the newcomers are:

1. Waluigi
  2. Geno
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Decidueye
  5. Isaac
  6. Dragaux
  7. Tails
  8. Phoenix Wright
  9. Rayman
  10. Lloyd
  11. Master Chief
All I know is that I want Waluigi and Chief to be the first and last reveals respectively. Start with a bang, end with a bang

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So a question for Noipoi Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 , my Pokemon brethren:

How fast can I get a Skitty in Gen 4
In normal Gen 4, it was unobtainable outside of swarms. I assume it's part of the grand underground in this, which is accessed by getting the Explorer Kit in Eterna. Then to boost your odds, I'd assume you'll need statues to boost normal spawns, or get lucky. Dunno how long it'll take exactly until it releases.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Anyway

I'm working on a doc for my Dream Smash game and I'd like to get some opinions on what the newcomer reveal order should be.

For reference, the newcomers are:

1. Waluigi
  2. Geno
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Decidueye
  5. Isaac
  6. Dragaux
  7. Tails
  8. Phoenix Wright
  9. Rayman
  10. Lloyd
  11. Master Chief
All I know is that I want Waluigi and Chief to be the first and last reveals respectively. Start with a bang, end with a bang
1. Waluigi
This would certainly be a bang, I agree.
2. Decidueye & Isaac
I’d put these two together as it combines a classic and Modern Character, with both being well requested it’d certainly get the community talking and show this hypothetical game didn’t show its cards right away.
3. Rayman
Breaking pace with a decently well known 3rd is good, lets many fans be happy and has another Company join the roster
4. Lloyd
Since Rayman is a western centric character, it is good to pull a rep geared more towards Japanese audiences.
5. Draugaux & Tails
Strange pairing is on purpose, as these two appeal to very different crowds and represent very different things.
6. Geno & Dixie Kong
These two are massive fan requests and still show the game has more cards up its sleeves.
7. Phoenix Wright
Yet another fan request before the final reveal will likely make people think we’re in for a low note, and he appeases both the East and West.
8. Masterchief
Ends it off with a bang.

Overall, I don’t really think there’s a bad way to present these characters since each have their own group of fans, this is just how I’d do it.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Ooooh, here's mine! I'd also love feedback on what the order should be (besides Madotsuki who doesn't get revealed.)

1. Waluigi (Super Mario)
2. Porky (MOTHER)
3. Magolor (Kirby) [I believe he would better represent modern Kirby than Bandana Waddle Dee would]
4. Guardian (Zelda) [Specifically a Guardian Stalker]
5. Dark Bowser (Super Mario) [Semi-clone with very different attributes and completely different specials]
6. Geno (SUPER MARIO RPG) [Yes, that would be his stated universe]
7. Sigma (Mega Man)
8. Reimu (Touhou)
9. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
10. Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.) [Fighter #00, appears first on the CSS, before Mario]
11. Madotsuki (Yume Nikki) [The only fighter not revealed prior to the game's release. She's not listed on the website and she never gets a reveal trailer]

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I'm at the Notre Dame world, and just the other day someone here said Sora was too pure to understand what "gipsy" meant and Riku would have jumped on the guy for calling him that; but as soon as Riku enters the world, in his very first cutscene he tells Esmeralda he doesn't know what a gipsy is, so I can now claim moral superiority because I corrected someone on the internet. Thanks for reading.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Nah they ain't gonna touch the price.

People will just buy it anyways like they did when NSO launched.
Eh, I feel like there's a lot less reason to "bite the bullet" so to speak, compared to the base NSO. People do like to play games online.
It's still a scam, but it's less of a "ugh, fine" kind of scam, and more just a "you poor sap" type of scam.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw that WB fighting game leak yesterday. It’s possible, but if real I really doubt one of the reasons is that WB execs took time out of their days swimming in money, to watch Melee at EVO and go

“we should do that”

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I saw that WB fighting game leak yesterday. It’s possible, but if real I really doubt one of the reasons is that WB execs took time out of their days swimming in money, to watch Melee at EVO and go

“we should do that”
Yeah, idk why people think it's all to get the Melee scene? Like, Ultimate made bank, got that moolah, and guess what? It's over.

It's not a coincience that all these platform fighters are popping up now that Ultimate isn't dominating the scene anymore

Reactions: Z25

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Idk, I know Nintendo is the family console, but in this economy? I think $80 for family is asking for a bit too much.
The family plan could see a cut, but TBH IDK how many families will be buying that tier. IDK how many kids who have their own Switches will care about N64 and Genesis.

TBH I think they made the family plan expensive 'cause they didn't want people cheesing the NSO price with buddies online anymore, lol.

DynamicSmasher

Smash Cadet
Yeah, idk why people think it's all to get the Melee scene? Like, Ultimate made bank, got that moolah, and guess what? It's over.

It's not a coincience that all these platform fighters are popping up now that Ultimate isn't dominating the scene anymore
You know, I never actually thought about the timing of these releases, so that's a good point. That being said though, with something like Nick All-stars, while Viacom weren't thinking of going for the melee scene necessarily, the actual Devs seem to have that scene in mind.

And there's some interest from the higher ups in making a competitive scene, if what I hear about NASB prize pools being much higher than Smash Bros ones has any truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom