• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I got Baldi's Basics today. I also got Dr. Robotnik's Eggman's Mean Bean Machine

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think it's on the Wii U if you are like me and have a disappointment collection.
I've got a Wii U as well, and it's not. Bit of a shame, but as far as I know, it's a retelling of Metroid Prime 1 in pinball form, so it's not like you're missing out on super-important lore for Metroid Prime 4 by not getting it.

Now Metroid Prime: Federation Force, on the other hand... (I'm joking; as far as I know, the only thing that's important is a post-credits scene that you can look up on Youtube)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Here's my honest opinion on The Tomorrow War.

It brings nothing really new when it comes to alien invasion films but definitely worth the watch at least once if you're really curious and just in for mindless fun and tons of action against invading aliens. Otherwise, plenty would probably agree and think it's definitely no Independence Day.

As a sucker for killer creature flicks and especially how awesomely designed the white spikes were which was the highlight of the movie for me. It's no wonder I enjoyed it. Pretty much my cup of tea one could say.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spoilers just in case.

The one thing I appreciate about Black Widow is it had the serious tone and vibe of that of The Winter Soldier and Civil War. Even when there was humor it wasn't forced like it was in Ragnarok or Endgame but had certain levity to it.

One way to describing that is a nice breath of fresh air.

And I'll repeat this again. Give Red Guardian his own movie god dammit! He deserves it!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
A scenario:

It’s 3:00 AM

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

It’s Super Freaking MARIO

He stares at you, from outside your window, from down the street

He then proceeds to…

t-bag for 5 minutes, then leaves, and you never see him again

What do you do?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
Lay off the fun juice because I shouldn't be seeing cartoon plumbers with shroom addictions in real life.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
Live in fear that he’ll return

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
Take some more of that weird juice in hopes that I see Shrek.
Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
shrug it off and go back to sleep, and after turning off the light, he immediately turns it back on standing above me with fire in his eyes saying...
So long, gay Aetheri

To which I respond...
I'm all for LGBTQ but I'm not gay. Now it's late I've gotta get to sleep. turns the light off

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
Go back to sleep because he just wasted my time.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
A scenario:

You wake up

You look out your window

and down the street…

He then proceeds to…

What do you do?
Stop taking drugs and go to several therapy sessions

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I watched Black Widow. I really liked it, Red Guardian and Yelena were both really good can;t wait for them to show up again (thankfully we know at least one of them will be returning relatively soon). Taskmaster was kinda disappointing, though. I also got reverse-spoiled, I heard people leaving another screening taking about John Walker when I went in, making me think the character was in the post credits scene, but they weren't.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I talked earlier about how it’s weird that THQ basically came back full circle and most of its properties relapsed back into its own parent organization making just a more spread out THQ in Embracer Group.

Well here’s another one. Interplay developed the first Wasteland game in 1988 and it was established as a predecessor to Fallout. The team behind Wasteland founded Black Isle Studios. After development of Fallout 2 Black Isle Studios at Interplay started development on Van Buren (Fallout 3). In 2003 Interplay went bankrupt causing Black Isle to shut down. The vast majority of the team at Black Isle Studios founded their own studio, Obsidian Entertainment and the rest of them founded another team InXile Entertainment while the Fallout IP was acquired by Bethesda and the Wasteland IP acquired by Konami.

While Bethesda made Fallout 3 a huge success and Obsidian made their names with games like Star Wars: KotoR 2, InXile kinda stayed under the radar and put out smaller games like The Bard’s Tale Trilogy. Obsidian would actually get their hands on Fallout again when they made the best Fallout game in New Vegas. InXile ended up acquiring the rights to Wasteland from Konami somewhere in the early 2000’s.

Here’s the full circle part. In 2008 Xbox Game Studios bought both InXile and Obsidian. This would mean that essentially the entirety of Black Isle Studios’ original development team is back under one umbrella. There was one piece missing though. Obsidian was working on Outer Worlds a game inspired by Fallout and InXile was working on Wasteland 3 and Wasteland Remastered a game that was the inspiration for Fallout. THEN Xbox acquired Bethesda in its entirety. Including the Fallout IP. Meaning the creators of Fallout, of Wasteland, AND the IP’s themselves are all now under Xbox and I can’t help but wonder if this was a strategic planning.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh...Hi?
I have decided to pop in here...whether this is a good idea or not is up in the air.
I can't promise I'll be too active around here, but...eh, we'll see how it goes.
Welcome here, amigo.

Can't say much since I'm not at my computer, but hope you enjoy your time here. Post whenever you feel like it too.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I talked earlier about how it’s weird that THQ basically came back full circle and most of its properties relapsed back into its own parent organization making just a more spread out THQ in Embracer Group.

Well here’s another one. Interplay developed the first Wasteland game in 1988 and it was established as a predecessor to Fallout. The team behind Wasteland founded Black Isle Studios. After development of Fallout 2 Black Isle Studios at Interplay started development on Van Buren (Fallout 3). In 2003 Interplay went bankrupt causing Black Isle to shut down. The vast majority of the team at Black Isle Studios founded their own studio, Obsidian Entertainment and the rest of them founded another team InXile Entertainment while the Fallout IP was acquired by Bethesda and the Wasteland IP acquired by Konami.

While Bethesda made Fallout 3 a huge success and Obsidian made their names with games like Star Wars: KotoR 2, InXile kinda stayed under the radar and put out smaller games like The Bard’s Tale Trilogy. Obsidian would actually get their hands on Fallout again when they made the best Fallout game in New Vegas. InXile ended up acquiring the rights to Wasteland from Konami somewhere in the early 2000’s.

Here’s the full circle part. In 2008 Xbox Game Studios bought both InXile and Obsidian. This would mean that essentially the entirety of Black Isle Studios’ original development team is back under one umbrella. There was one piece missing though. Obsidian was working on Outer Worlds a game inspired by Fallout and InXile was working on Wasteland 3 and Wasteland Remastered a game that was the inspiration for Fallout. THEN Xbox acquired Bethesda in its entirety. Including the Fallout IP. Meaning the creators of Fallout, of Wasteland, AND the IP’s themselves are all now under Xbox and I can’t help but wonder if this was a strategic planning.
Wasn't THQ founded by the same guy that founded LJN? :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom