• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just watched The Predator (not the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie; the newest one). It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be, but a bunch of really dumb decisions were made. (most infamously "Predators steal spines so they can harvest human DNA to upgrade themselves", "the twelve year old boy with autism is humanity's greatest warrior", and "the Predators are attacking Earth because of global warming")

It's definitely the worst Predator movie that I've seen (I haven't seen all of Predator 2, but I've seen Predator and Predators), though thankfully, it wasn't as bad as Alien 3 (the first few minutes were bad enough that I quit watching) or what little I've seen of Alien Resurrection.

I also watched Black Widow last night. Solid movie, grittier than Marvel's usual movies (though still with some comedic relief) and had plenty of subtext relating to real-world issues (though I don't know how much of it is intentional, given COVID-19 delays). However, it felt like it should have came out some time between Civil War and Infinity War, much like how Ant-Man felt like a phase one Marvel movie that came out at the end of phase 2.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

0:00-0:18

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night hearing this above you.

******* terrifying. This scene actually sent chills down my spine the first time. Not gonna lie to but it was also perfectly executed how the white spikes the first time are first introduced and it was honestly very terrifying to the way it just clicks its jaws making that terrifying noise.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I watch both subs and dubs, whichever is the most accessible for whatever I want to watch though I have a slight preference for dubs.
I will, however, absolutely never resort to fan subs because fans are dumb and don't know how translation and localisation actually work

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

0:00-0:18

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night hearing this above you.

******* terrifying. This scene actually sent chills down my spine the first time. Not gonna lie to but it was also perfectly executed how the white spikes the first time are first introduced and it was honestly very terrifying to the way it just clicks its jaws making that terrifying noise.
What sucks is that this is probably the best scene in the film by a large margin. The Whitespikes deserved a better movie man.
At least it's a spin-off with no additional lore so I'm not too devastated.
1625968952088.png

Excuse me I have several things to say-

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
With Metroid Prime: Federation Force being purchased, the only Metroid game I don't have now is Prime Pinball.

The convention had it, but they were asking $75 for it.

At least it's a spin-off with no additional lore so I'm not too devastated.
I think it's on the Wii U if you are like me and have a disappointment collection.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You ever just sit back and think... “wait, I’m almost legally an adult?”

My childhood feels like it was ages ago :dr^_^:
I've been feeling like that for the past 14 years...still waiting for this mythical 'adult' transitioning people speak of...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watch Black Widow on Disney+
check
Watch Black Widow in theaters
check
download opening credit song while also saying Black Widow has possibly the absolute best opening credits in superhero movie history
check

now you can go watch Natasha's final living appearance before she goes splat in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom