• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I feel that the Switch Pro is still coming. It has to if it wants even anemic ports of PS5 and Series X games. While they're not quite industry standard yet, that's because of shortages. This time next year, all new games will be released for the current gen consoles.

Nintendo would have to be very foolish to not to release a beefier system in the near future, lest they repeat the Wii's story where it sold like hotcakes until 2009, but once the motion fad died out, the Wii stopped selling completely by 2011, forcing Nintendo to force out the Wii U.
Wii U was likely the Switch prototype, given its similar hardware and design philosophy, but it was only powerful for a year in 2013 before being totally eclipsed by PS4 and XBone.

While the Switch is successful now, the power creep WILL come, and it could easily start flopping in sales like the Wii did. So a Switch Pro is the only way to keep it alive until the proper next-gen Nintendo console comes around.

The OLED model is specifically NOT a Pro because there are no internal upgrades (Except 32GB of extra internal storage. Yay?). The upgrades are purely cosmetic.
From what I've heard, Nintendo's delaying the Pro because of chip shortages, but there's no denying that Bloomberg (an internationally respected business news organization) was spot on about the 7 inch OLED at 720p with an improved kickstand while being dead wrong about DLSS. That's just not feasible.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Well, this ain’t good......
Doesn’t mean the drift won’t be fixed, we’re gonna have to wait for tear downs.

Even if they fix it, they’re not gonna advertise it. They’ve been spending a year and a half denying it exists, they’re not gonna give all the law firms more ammo: If they fix it, it’ll be quietly.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Well, this ain’t good......

" I love Joy-con drift! " said no one ever.
Some more info, as well, the dock can be purchased separately, in addition, the dock of the original model is compatible with the OLED Switch and the OLED dock is compatible with the original model Switch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
WELCOME TO THE KING OF IRON FIST TOURNAMENT

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So they announced a new Switch model, but it's just a quality of life upgrade? Sounds like a sleeper to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As someone who plays in handheld a lot, it's a pretty clear improvement:

- OLED screens are hecka nice.

- Speaker quality improved.

- Better kickstand.

- My current Switch is a day one launch model, meaning I don't have the improved battery newer ones have

- Built in LAN adapter is nice, don't gotta use a 3rd party anymore. My 3rd party one gets super hot whenever it's plugged in, kinda makes me nervous sometimes.

If you treat your Switch as a docked only machine? There isn't any reason to upgrade. However, if you're a portable enthusiast like me, this is definitely a nice upgrade, especially if you're still on the day one model.
I mean… I play mine in handheld more then docked but like… idk. If I could trade my current one in for the upgrade for a reduced price I might do it but there is no such program. It just doesn’t seam worth a whole $350. Like, i’m not made of money here!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alpha (2018)
Godzilla (1954)
Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Kong: Skull Island
Pinocchio (1940)
The Brave Little Toaster
The Prince of Egypt

Close to rounding out my 10 favorite films of all time.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I feel that the Switch Pro is still coming. It has to if it wants even anemic ports of PS5 and Series X games. While they're not quite industry standard yet, that's because of shortages. This time next year, all new games will be released for the current gen consoles.

Nintendo would have to be very foolish to not to release a beefier system in the near future, lest they repeat the Wii's story where it sold like hotcakes until 2009, but once the motion fad died out, the Wii stopped selling completely by 2011, forcing Nintendo to force out the Wii U.
Wii U was likely the Switch prototype, given its similar hardware and design philosophy, but it was only powerful for a year in 2013 before being totally eclipsed by PS4 and XBone.

While the Switch is successful now, the power creep WILL come, and it could easily start flopping in sales like the Wii did. So a Switch Pro is the only way to keep it alive until the proper next-gen Nintendo console comes around.

The OLED model is specifically NOT a Pro because there are no internal upgrades (Except 32GB of extra internal storage. Yay?). The upgrades are purely cosmetic.
From what I've heard, Nintendo's delaying the Pro because of chip shortages, but there's no denying that Bloomberg (an internationally respected business news organization) was spot on about the 7 inch OLED at 720p with an improved kickstand while being dead wrong about DLSS. That's just not feasible.
A switch pro would release in 2022 at the earliest. At that point, just wait a year and release a Switch 2

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
A switch pro would release in 2022 at the earliest. At that point, just wait a year and release a Switch 2
Nintendo said they wanted Switch to last 10 years.
Plus, Switch was forced to release due to Wii U's abysmal failure.
I feel like the Switch's successor will come closer to PS6 and XBox... Hell Yeah Edition.

I just hope Nintendo does a Steam and allows you to keep your games forever, even on new hardware. Why the hell couldn't my Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console games be transferred to Switch?
As much as I like NES and SNES Online, I like owning my games and having them forever, not tied to a subscription service.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm'a bored. Gonna list a bunch of random movies I hate or just simply dislike.

Alien 3
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Resurrection
Alien vs. Predator: Requirem
Aquaman
Awake (2021)
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Bayformers films
Brightburn
Captain Marvel
Fant4stic
Ice Ages 4 & 5
Justice League
Man of Steel
Mortal Kombat (2021)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Shadow in the Cloud
The Predator (2018)
Venom

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thought it was cute, what do you not like about it?
The main female lead pretty much ruins it for me. Nearly ruined Sherman's and Mr. Peabody's lives and never gets punished for it and is glossed over especially given how unpleasant she treated Sherman in the beginning. Also the main villains motivation was dumb.

Never met such an unlikable female lead IMO.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So i cant sleep again!
I again starting getting Panik and anger attacks while trying to sleep ****!
Also ive closed my blinds put a piece of card board and a bunch of lego boxes in front of my window and it still gets bright in my room!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
this isn't very "yummy" of you
It just wasn't for me. Too much cringe humor such as "A turd in the wind" and how Venom simply changes his mind taking over because he starts liking Eddie, the fact to of making Venom PG-13 when it should have gone all out.

I definitely have no interest in the sequel. Carnage in a PG-13 movie feels wrong.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mr. Peabody & Sherman would have been vastly improved if they had Penny and the main villain totally removed and it was just like the shows them traveling to different times. Plenty of ways they could have done it without adding such an unlikable female lead.

Everytime I saw her on-screen I just wanted reach into the screen and strangle her like Homer does to Bart.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It just wasn't for me. Too much cringe humor such as "A turd in the wind" and how Venom simply changes his mind taking over because he starts liking Eddie, the fact to of making Venom PG-13 when it should have gone all out.

I definitely have no interest in the sequel. Carnage in a PG-13 movie feels wrong.
No, you see, there is actually a really well foreshadowed and carefully built-up reason why Eddie and Venom end up as partners despite starting the movie as parasitic rivals:

they are gay

Oracle Link

Smash Master
No, you see, there is actually a really well foreshadowed and carefully built-up reason why Eddie and Venom end up as partners despite starting the movie as parasitic rivals:

they are gay
I mean loki is supposed to be bi i mean he is known for doing the stuff and producing children both ways in the original myth!

But venom? Theyre symbiotic!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Carnage managed to work in cartoons and games meant for all ages, so an upgrade like PG-13 will be

they are gay
you could make many puns out of their relationship regardless of whether they’re good or not…and the gay moment could come out from when they technically kissed despite the woman being used as a host…Internet of all sides sure had some feelings over that
I mean loki is supposed to be bi i mean he is known for doing the stuff and producing children both ways in the original myth!

But venom? Theyre symbiotic!
oh don’t worry he isn’t being for real…and Loki is nothing but a mother ****ing player

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I consider this one of the more reasonable takes from this morning's reveal.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I consider this one of the more reasonable takes from this morning's reveal.
I've seen people quite angry that they aren't going to be forking out a few hundred dollars to upgrade.

Isn't holding on to your money a good thing?

Gamers man. Got some weird takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom