• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Mom knows I like Nintendo

Comes up to me with some Pokémon and Donkey Kong pajamas

She looks so excited just to give me something

Don’t have the heart to tell her I’m not ten anymore

View attachment 321881

Thanks Ma…
Oh you’re totally gonna wear those pajamas to sleep tonight

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Mom knows I like Nintendo

Comes up to me with some Pokémon and Donkey Kong pajamas

She looks so excited just to give me something

Don’t have the heart to tell her I’m not ten anymore

View attachment 321881

Thanks Ma…
My mom did this exact same thing with me once with Nintendo themed bed sheets.

The most awkward thing about being a Pokemon fan is not actually being a big Pikachu fan but you gotta live with the Pikachu merchandise.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
YO

REUPLOAD DONE, NO FUZZINESS, SOME BETTER EDITS, OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL (AND HAS 4K) (wait a few hours from this post tho, it's still processing HD and 4K)

... and look forward to the Sephiroth montage with Villain later this year!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally picked Sword and Shield back up. I also evolved Raboot into Cinderace. ...I think I have a new favorite 'Mon here, folks.

I went to see if they made any Cinderace plushies and-
View attachment 321888
Dangit. No marketable Cinderace plushie for me.
Mr. Rime is being sold for $20 on Pokémon Center but it hasn't been restocked for months so I knew your pain.

I had to resort to spending $38 for one off Amazon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ben Holt Ben Holt 's AMA is now up!
as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
For what? It don’t do notin
As someone who plays in handheld a lot, it's a pretty clear improvement:

- OLED screens are hecka nice.

- Speaker quality improved.

- Better kickstand.

- My current Switch is a day one launch model, meaning I don't have the improved battery newer ones have

- Built in LAN adapter is nice, don't gotta use a 3rd party anymore. My 3rd party one gets super hot whenever it's plugged in, kinda makes me nervous sometimes.

If you treat your Switch as a docked only machine? There isn't any reason to upgrade. However, if you're a portable enthusiast like me, this is definitely a nice upgrade, especially if you're still on the day one model.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have beaten the first boss of Omori!

It was pretty fun, aside from me misremembering the EMOTION triangle at the start.....
(ANGRY is weak to HAPPY, not SAD.)

You know, for a "physiological horror" game, there haven’t been any scary moments recently. I wonder when-

Oh.........

There it is.

MooMew64

TBH IDK why some people are surprised by the new model.

It's literally the same thing Nintendo's been doing since the beginning with their handhelds: None of their revisions upped the hardware in any significant way, you only get the new model if you're an enthusiast or don't already have one, and that is entirely what they're made for.

This thing is basically to the Switch what the DS Light was to the DS: Some decent perks and QoL changes.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I think the Switch line is here to stay, but Next Gen? Not yet.
Oh they're totally keeping the Switch name: It's what they wanted to do with the Wii with the Wii U but it's actually stuck this time and has a gimmick that will keep selling systems due to the specific niche literally no one is challenging them in.

As for when we get our true "Next gen" model? I'm with what my brother speculated when we talked about it: Probably 2023 or so, and they'll either start numbering the Switches or go back to adding random words like the GB era.

D

Deleted member

So... uh.... I just done goofed up

I closed the ride I was working on an hour and a half before the park closed because of a miscommunication between my manager and maintenance 😅

D

Deleted member

I have returned to the waking(?) world.....

And I hear knocking.

Hm..... Last time I answered the door, I got jumpscared.....

Should I answer it again, or ignore it?

Ya know what? I'm no coward. I think I will answer it.

.......In the next play session. I'm tired.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh they're totally keeping the Switch name: It's what they wanted to do with the Wii with the Wii U but it's actually stuck this time and has a gimmick that will keep selling systems due to the specific niche literally no one is challenging them in.

As for when we get our true "Next gen" model? I'm with what my brother speculated when we talked about it: Probably 2023 or so, and they'll either start numbering the Switches or go back to adding random words like the GB era.
Or screw it up with the Switch U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom