• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Wait, did Bandai really have a whole presentation for ONE game?
Well technically they had a few games but it was spread out across E3 i think.

The direct had DBZ Kakarot and the japanese direct had the new Robot Wars. so there's at least 3 games, 4 if you count Smash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This game is 100 percent a Skyward Sword tie in:

I’m betting it’s called Rise of Demise

or Fall of the Sky

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

or Fall of the Sky
Of course, how did I not see it sooner? BotW2's marketing is like SS's story, they hype up Zelda at first before making her an uwu damsel who needs pwotecting

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?

or Fall of the Sky
Ya know.

Isn't Ganoncorpse the Hero in Impa's story?

Like, you look at the tapestry she shows you, and that ain't Link, it's a dude with red, flowing hair, much like Ganondorf.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ya know.

Like, you look at the tapestry she shows you, and that ain't Link, it's a dude with red, flowing hair, much like Ganondorf.
-we don’t get playable Zelda

-we get playable chad Ganondorf

Seems like a fair trade to me

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know.

It's been pointed out that the red hair resembles the fake hair on the barbarian helm.

The hero on the tapestry is probably a member from the "Zonai" tribe, not Ganondorf.

Shroob

Sup?
It's been pointed out that the red hair resembles the fake hair on the barbarian helm.

The hero on the tapestry is probably a member from the "Zonai" tribe, not Ganondorf.
Possible, but something I find curious is that the Hero on the tapestry has such a.... pronounced nose, to put it simply, which is something Ganondorf has in a lot of incarnations. That, and conveniently, Ganoncorpse's nose has completely rotten off.

We'll know.... in 2022.... maybe.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I really miss the days when Angry Joe was likeable and not a "I literally get upset over the stupidest things" person like he is now:

Shroob

Sup?
Possible, but something I find curious is that the Hero on the tapestry has such a.... pronounced nose, to put it simply, which is something Ganondorf has in a lot of incarnations. That, and conveniently, Ganoncorpse's nose has completely rotten off.

Wait

What if it really is Ganon, but he sealed the Calamity in his body.

:dr^_^:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I could see this but:
966D73F3-DC62-474A-B7CA-877AD8594C2F.jpeg

That color scheme is nowhere near links. It’s a more lion face where as Zelda actually appears human and gerudo based on her skin tone here and design.

Those bluish greens are on par with colors of Ganon like his beast form. That mane also really doesn’t fit the helmet imo.

Maybe at one point there was a link reincarnated into a ganondorf. Which then got split by the calamity, creating all three reinforce holders across all time lines.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's also the fact that we see Ganoncorpse(Pre-Corpse) being like, attacked by the hand in those lightning strike shadows.

And all the malice pours out from his body...

Hmmm
Honestly this seems really plausible now. Maybe it’s not a tie into Skyward sword but has something Ganon in the title that gives away this connection.

Maybe BOTW 2: Ganon’s corruption?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The way I see of it Good Guy Ganon is in the same boat as playable Zelda - wishful thinking from fans who want to see a shake up from the Zelda story "format".

Link is the Hero, Ganon(dorf) is the villain and Zelda is the damsel in distress. It's an outdated trope but not one I expect them to move away from anytime soon.
I could see this but:
View attachment 319499

That color scheme is nowhere near links. It’s a more lion face where as Zelda actually appears human and gerudo based on her skin tone here and design.

Those bluish greens are on par with colors of Ganon like his beast form. That mane also really doesn’t fit the helmet imo.

Maybe at one point there was a link reincarnated into a ganondorf. Which then got split by the calamity, creating all three reinforce holders across all time lines.
The problem with comparing the color scheme to beast Ganon's is that beast Ganon is right there. If Ganon amd Ganondorf really are seperated here, they wouldn't need to share color schemes. Besides that, Ganon and Ganondorf have always been treated as different forms of the same entity in lore - the two being seperate beings is mostly fanon interpretation.

I'm a believer in the theory that the green hand is an ancient Zonai keeping Ganondorf at bay, and that Ganondorf has slowly been leaking out Malice to create Calamity Ganon and the Blights to act as puppets on his behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom