• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want to buy it even though I’ve already spoiled myself on all 3 games :4pacman:
Aside from deaths and individual character arcs, which are important obviously, the stories in these games are kinda nonsense anyway. Fun nonsense, but still.

Besides, it’s been so long I don’t remember the exact answers to each class trial anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You know, we could've had Scrimbo Bimblo and Swordfighter McJRPG both be the last slots and end this pointless feud, but Kicks N. Punch just had to take one.

Speculation is about to be insufferable
Simple Solution - Make Scrimblo McJRPG the final DLC character.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't even care about Metroid, but I was freaking out when I saw the "Dread" subtitle. That game was a legend lost to time, it's like if they did Pokemon X, Mario 128, or Half Life 3.
They did do Pokemon X

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It took months, but oh boy, it's finally out.
This is pretty small, as I'm kinda just dipping my toes into this style of content, but future videos are gonna have more meat to em', and they're gonna be better too, I hope. I learned a lot from this, and I'm definitely putting what I learned to use for future videos. I also learned to keep a better eye out for audio issues, as I noticed a light bit of peaking in this, and I'm kicking myself for not realizing that sooner. Now, time for me to go ahead and plug some of the folks who worked on this!

HaikuHello, the lead artist for this, did a freaking amazing job. They worked super quick, and made some serious quality content here. Plus, they even made a few slides for the cinematics that I didn't even ask for that really add that extra touch to the visuals. They also made this art of the console personifications for me to provide to the voice actors for a reference.
View attachment 319216
View attachment 319217
View attachment 319218

I was kinda debating who I was going to cast for Nintendo, and I settled on Marquiz Moore. Hoo boy, do I not regret that decision. I wanted Nintendo to have this cheeky, Monokuma-esque voice, so Marquiz seemed like a natural fit, and that he was. I'm looking forward to work with him again! https://twitter.com/marquizmoore

Playstation was voiced by John Patneaude! He voices one of the bosses in an indie game called Havoc Fox, and he also voices in an adult animated series called Wild Card. And if anyone here watches Zelda Universe, he voiced Sidon for their full game dub of Breath Of The Wild! John delivered this energy I didn't even imagine Playstation having initially, but it fit so well. This dude is just so good in so many ways. https://twitter.com/Lucaricross

I got a lot of auditions for Xbox, including one dude that's actually voiced a villain for Xbox Game Studios, though I eventually settled on Callum James! He does a lot of parody work on YouTube, so he's definitely experienced in this sort of field. Xbox is a character who can go from 0 to 100 in an instant, and Callum just nailed that in his audition. https://twitter.com/CallumJanes

Nitrosparxx is the fella who made the end card theme! He's mostly known for his work on Havoc Fox, and a Yumme Nikki fangame called Fleshchild. The dude's an amazing composer with loads of range, and he was great to work with. Should the oppurtunity arise, I'm hoping to see if he'd be down to compose some more music for the channel. https://twitter.com/NitroMusix

Bonfim_BR is a pal I met back in 2018, when I first started doing voice over. He's an amazing dude, and he's convinced me to play a lot of games, like Hollow Knight, Oneshot, Night In The Woods, etc. I'm pretty sure he's opening up his commissions soon, so be sure to check that out! https://twitter.com/Bonfim__BR

Goretoons is a pal I met a while back from voice over, and turns out, they have some amazing art skills! I thought it'd be funny to go from a cartoony style to an anime-looking one for the joke about inconsistency, and it worked so well. Gore was really quick and good to work with, too! https://twitter.com/goretoons

HarveyB is someone I met in the voice over scene a while back, and hoo boy, he's been makin' fast progress! He voices a character in an indie title on the Switch called Buddinpals, and once he moved on to art, he still managed to get some good artwork. He's done art for a YouTube channel called Vapor The Gamer, and he's done art for official Baldi's Basics merch. He has such a unique, cool style, and he's super nice and fun to work with! https://twitter.com/HarveyB_Arts

GhostAlienBee is someone I met a while back in the FNAF community, and luckily for me they were down to do some artwork for this! They have such a unique style, and they're genuinely one of the sweetest, nicest people I've met online. Go check em' out, seriously. https://twitter.com/GhostAlienBee

Oh boy, our very own Noipoi Noipoi made art for this! Noi is a total ****wad, stay away from him. :yeahboi:
No but seriously, Noi was super fun to work with on this, and I'm more than content with how this art turned out. I'm really glad he was willing to hear me out on this goofy idea, because his work here is amazing.

And finally, Lukasz! Lukasz is a super talented and nice 3D artist who can animate and model at crazy speeds. I asked him for a goofy, low-poly looking model, and he certainly dissapoint. I love how silly the face turned out, haha. This is pretty simple, but certainly not comparable to his other work. This dude can make some crazy good models.
View attachment 319221
View attachment 319223
@Shroob AndreaAC AndreaAC Wademan94 Wademan94 MooMew64 MooMew64 @Dr. Metal X Y'all may be interested in this!
Sorry I haven't been able to comment on this, my friend. Been quite busy and I think also very tired since I have had inconsistent sleep for quite some days due to some stressful situation. Congratulations to everyone involved, it sounds like you all had a lot of fun. <3

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry I haven't been able to comment on this, my friend. Been quite busy and I think also very tired since I have had inconsistent sleep for quite some days due to some stressful situation. Congratulations to everyone involved, it sounds like you all had a lot of fun. <3
How do you feel about the new Metroid?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
even his theme song is depressing jeez...**** kinda childhood did this guy have to make him turn heel
I take it you're talking about Kazuya?

His father killed his mother (who was possessed by a demon) and grandfather, and then threw him off a cliff (all of this when he was a child) to determine if he's also possessed by a demon or not. If he dies, he's a human; if he lives, he's possessed by the devil.

Throw in about a decade (I think) of wanting revenge for all of that, and you get Kazuya. (if you're not talking about Kazuya, feel free to clear that up)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh yeah Noipoi Noipoi will be happy to hear that I've started watching the Sam I Am and Blue Yoshi show.

I really enjoy how the stylization gives the show a really distinct feel even with its really simple animations, and how the soundtrack pops and gives the animation a sense of rhythm.

It gets the Zachmac :086: of approval.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
How do you feel about the new Metroid?
Even though I wasn't watching the event. (I usually don't bother with them), a friend was telling me everything when I they told me "THEY JUST ANNOUNCED METROID DREAD!" and I was like "Holy ****...really?! I remember having seen that referenced in Metroid Prime 3! And that came out in 2007! I can't believe it's real!" It was amazing to hear and I am glad for any other Metroid fan out there having to witness such an event. Of course I would wait for anything related to Riddles, obviously, but, if there's no such thing, I'm totally fine with it. I won't buy a Switch either way.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah Noipoi Noipoi will be happy to hear that I've started watching the Sam I Am and Blue Yoshi show.

I really enjoy how the stylization gives the show a really distinct feel even with its really simple animations, and how the soundtrack pops and gives the animation a sense of rhythm.

It gets the Zachmac :086: of approval.
I’m happy for every little bit of appreciation this wonderful show gets!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh, no need to apologize. You're never obliged to comment. And take care, alright?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Well, I bought Biomutant. I know it got a lot of mixed reviews but I wanted a beautiful, huge open world to explore and that's what it has. I can trudge through some repetitive missions on the way.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Watched the Kazuya footage a good amount of time. Noticed 90% of him was attacking extremely close to his opponents.

Safe bet he'll suck ass against long range attackers.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I take it you're talking about Kazuya?

His father killed his mother (who was possessed by a demon) and grandfather, and then threw him off a cliff (all of this when he was a child) to determine if he's also possessed by a demon or not. If he dies, he's a human; if he lives, he's possessed by the devil.

Throw in about a decade (I think) of wanting revenge for all of that, and you get Kazuya. (if you're not talking about Kazuya, feel free to clear that up)
and I assume he did the exact same thing to his son after all of that...leading to some eternal path of tossing sons off a cliff just to gain more power or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom