• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I was gonna add in a bit about maybe adding him to the spin-offs as a playable character too but decided against it lmao
OK but real talk Gooper Blooper might be my most-wanted for any Mario spinoffs for a really stupid reason

Way back when, a few years ago, I was watching these "mario kart predictions!" videos on YouTube for....some reason, and then I stumbled across a really old one for Mario Kart 7 that predicted Gooper Blooper. And I was like "yo gooper blooper???? now that's a chad pick", but I never saw that video again.

Fast-forward to October of last year, when someone else on a Discord server said he wanted Gooper Blooper in Mario Kart - I told him about the video, he wanted to see it, and so I looked for it. Scrolled through endless search results, trying to find it, to no avail. Sometimes I came across another prediction video that did click with some vague memory in my head, but was ultimately a dead-end.

I eventually gave up. But the shadow of the unresolved conflict always loomed over me - was I simply looking in the wrong places...or was that video actually lost to time? Would I be forever unable to get closure?

One month later, I was sifting through my old DMs, when I saw the conversation I had with the dude where I was like "sorry my guy I didn't find anything" and desperate for any sort of closure on the matter, I thought "hm. maybe I could give it another shot"

Same results. Nothing again. But then....it hit me. "Alright. Big shot in the dark here, but what if the video was from the time the game was still known as Mario Kart 3DS rather than Mario Kart 7?" I was going mad at this point, but dammit I had to try. So I typed in something else, and prayed that it would work.

I found uh

A couple more videos

That hadn't shown up in my previous search at all

And one of them struck me. Some of the things there were starting to come back to me. I remembered that thumbnail. I remembered a little detail in the video's title. This could actually be it. I clicked on the video, and more things kept coming back to me. When it started with a Hotel Mario joke, I was shaking. It got to the heavies. One by one, Bowser, DK, Wario....and then.....

There he was.

The man.

The myth.

The legend.

Gooper mother****ing Blooper.

I had found the ****ing video, after all these years! I immediately sent it to him - there it was! Proof that someone else other than us wanted Gooper Blooper in MK! But it was more than that: it was about me finally being able to close the book on that one memory that always nagged me and I'd never gotten closure on.

So since then, I've honestly had a soft spot in my heart for Gooper Blooper. I gotta have him in one of these games, man. It's more than just "haha hehe funee squid" - Gooper Blooper has become a symbol of this idiotic search. I need him in any Mario spinoff just so that this insane yet inconsequential personal journey of mine can come full circle. Once I see Gooper Blooper as a playable character in Mario Kart, Golf, Tennis, Party, whatever, I will have officially won the game of life.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah man. I think I missed my chance to preorder the Metroid Dread special edition and the amiibo.

Anyone have a link where they are in stock?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
D

Deleted member

So.....
We got a Tekken character....
Even though people thought that Tekken was out of the running because of the Heihachi mii costume released with MinMin supposedly deconfirming it....

Do you know what this means?
That character from games and series that have gotten DLC mii costumes can still possibly get in.
Granted, I will say it's not likely will get a second character of this kind in a row but the possibility is there nonetheless.....

Nevertheless, that's not going to stop people from getting their most wanted character back into speculation....
Including a very special someone.
Someone that is both beloved by some smash fans and hated by others...

I am going to probably be giving false hope to people like SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 for mentioning him, but, like, someone was probably going to do this eventually so we might as well get it over with...

I am of course referring to:

....what? Where you expecting a puppet or something?

Shroob

Sup?
So.....
Even though people thought that Tekken was out of the running because of the Heihachi mii costume released with MinMin supposedly deconfirming it....

That character from games and series that have gotten DLC mii costumes can still possibly get in.
Granted, I will say it's not likely will get a second character of this kind in a row but the possibility is there nonetheless.....

Nevertheless, that's not going to stop people from getting their most wanted character back into speculation....

I am going to probably be giving false hope to people like SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 for mentioning him, but, like, someone was probably going to do this eventually so we might as well get it over with...

If anything, I'd say this bolsters Ubisoft and Capcom the most.

Both were considered "Out" due to their costume dumps.

Now? Not so much.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So.....

Yeah. I know that doesn’t do anything to my puppet boy’s chances. And honestly at this point I want the last one to be Crash. That bonus fighter from the Australian eshop might be him though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, turns out I wasn't the only one having audio delay issues on the direct. Nice to know that wasn't just something on my end.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kazuya trailer was as depressing as the Doctor Strange post credit scene

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Took a short nap and I'm still reeling from the Metroid Dread announcement. I've been waiting sooooooo long for this **** to happen and it looks absolutely incredible. Love how you're constantly being hounded by those robot things. It's going to feel tense as hell when the game is actually in my hands, I just know it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So.....
Speak for yourself, I hard called that **** four months ago. :bowsette: Been sayin Kazuya was never deconfirmed from the start, y'all just chose to be deaf.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Took a short nap and I'm still reeling from the Metroid Dread announcement. I've been waiting sooooooo long for this **** to happen and it looks absolutely incredible. Love how you're constantly being hounded by those robot things. It's going to feel tense as hell when the game is actually in my hands, I just know it.

I like that they horrific robots are called E.M.M.I

That’s a little girl name lmao

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I like that they horrific robots are called E.M.M.I

That’s a little girl name lmao
Until you realize the acronym is Extinction and Mass Murder Intelligence. :nifty: Or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Something I got on my mind:

How the **** is GoTG gonna run on Switch?

D

Deleted member

Well, scripting a video on indie games now. Y’all got any good ones ya may wanna see included?
I’m honestly not sure if I want to name this one specific indie game, cause on one hand, it’s a really good one, but on the other hand, furry latex fetish

Although if there’s any game that I can actually type the name of here without getting banned, The Escapists is a pretty good game from my experience.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So is SMT like edgy pokemon or something? That recruiting demons and fusion thing sounds interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom