• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've seen plenty of people call SMT Satanic Pokemon but when someone new to series makes that comparison they're dead.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m honestly not sure if I want to name this one specific indie game, cause on one hand, it’s a really good one, but on the other hand, furry latex fetish

Although if there’s any game that I can actually type the name of here without getting banned, The Escapists is a pretty good game from my experience.
Yeah, I've heard of the game. I don't really wanna discuss fetish games on my channel, haha.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m more surprised you knew about it in the first place.
I'm gonna be totally honest, literally the only reason I know about the game is because a character I voice was frequently compared to a character from that game, and they had to redesign him to distance it from that, which is actually kind of funny in hindsight, albeit funny for all the wrong reasons. Now I know nothing about the game itself, and I wanna keep it that way. Now let's drop it before the mods slay me. :yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be totally honest, literally the only reason I know about the game is because a character I voice was frequently compared to a character from that game, and they had to redesign him to distance it from that, which is actually kind of funny in hindsight, albeit funny for all the wrong reasons. Now I know nothing about the game itself, and I wanna keep it that way.
Knowing the contents of the game....

yeah, probably best you keep yourself blissfully ignorant :yoshi:

probably should shut up now and focus on getting ready for work tommorow

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
even his theme song is depressing jeez...**** kinda childhood did this guy have to make him turn heel

D

Deleted member

These videos teach me more about history in 30 minutes than my history class did in 2 years

D

Deleted member

I've never understood universal purpose and meaning, which I've always lacked connection of. I think futile attempts up to this point were from the insecurity of feeling defective in contrast to the traditional values from which I was raised. Simply finding an answer through primitive competitive means, the feeling was at first with disappointment, but led to it being a mutual acceptance of what was beyond my comprehension.

I've always lived for entertainment and pleasure to feel the void. Should I waver in the aspects of those two categories, I would replace the former with something else. The on-going improvise was always a rough path for me. So, I guess you can say that I'm generally a party person that likes to be in the moment with no regrets. It kind of makes me look like a reck. LOL.

I do wonder why ambition is enforced so much? I do wonder of people's perspectives, answers, and sustained anecdotal drive to accomplish something. I've never understood it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know, we could've had Scrimbo Bimblo and Swordfighter McJRPG both be the last slots and end this pointless feud, but Kicks N. Punch just had to take one.

Speculation is about to be insufferable
It won't just be because we can only have one swordguy or scrimblo. It'll be because of debates on whether or not big third parties are allowed to be the final character.

they're not btw

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I made it to a point in Robot wars that has such serious mood whiplash from one chapter to the next that i just couldnt help but laugh at it.

In one chapter we explore the origin story of the cross ange cast and how Ange's own stuberness as a princess got two children killed by monsters and how it basically drove her mad.

Then immediately we contrast it with a chapter where some girl is stealing all of a certain kind of food from across Tokyo to destroy it. She explains her motives being that someone dropped that food on her and caused to be a laughing stock. Only for the main party to look at her with this "Are you for real?" kind of reaction and the main character says this:
20210615_210716.jpg

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It won't just be because we can only have one swordguy or scrimblo. It'll be because of debates on whether or not big third parties are allowed to be the final character.

they're not btw
Not to be rude, but like...

You kind of repeat this over and over again. And get really heated about it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
..........Now that I've come down from cloud 9.

FRIKKIN METROID DREAD LIVES!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOO!!! We finally getting that Fusion follow-up after almost two decades! And it's coming out in October to boot!

I'm gonna go to Lower Norfair and back to make sure I get that Special Edition, I want that damn artbook, and I'm still salty the Samus Returns special edition was exclusive to Europe! And those Amiibo as well, gotta stay up to date on my Metroid amiibos as I have all the others!

Love the design of Samus's new suit, it's like a mix of Fusion and the Light suit. Those EMMI robots are menacing as well. Definitely has that SA-X vibes, also reminds me of the Zero suit segment as well, except unlike the SA-X and Space Pirates you can't freeze/stun them to bide yourself time (as far as we know they didn't show any ice beam/missiles in the gameplay yet). The enemy designs and creatures look neat, that one lizard boss actually reminds me a bit of the Mud Demons from Riddick, but on steroids. Hoping it has a fair selection of diverse boss fights, unlike in Samus Returns, though tbf to MSR the original material it took after didn't leave much room for too much extra boss battles. I also noticed they addressed one of the major complaints from Samus Returns regarding the Melee Counter since they gave her a new Melee Dash that allows her to maintain momentum while still plowing through enemies.

Also....WAS THAT A LIVING CHOZO IN THE TRAILER!? Closest we got were the Chozo Ghosts in Prime 1, which were just mutated remnants of chozo from Tallon IV. We could finally get some more understanding of what happened to the Chozo since they fostered Samus after the K-2L massacre.

The only things I'm concerned with thus far, whenever the Treehouse was showing off the gameplay, the maps seemed to indicate a more linear path, which I'm hoping is simply a case of it being an early area, as well as the rooms with Adam's AI has me thinking of the Nav rooms from Fusion to which I wasn't a big fan of. That said I'm still super hyped to experience a brand new Metroid game again!

Oh I guess BotW2 was cool as well. lol My hype for Dread greatly overshadows BotW2 for the time being, mainly because I'm not going to be able to play BotW2 any time soon (it may even get delayed who knows?) not to mention I'm a lot more hungry for a new Metroid game on the Switch, and I still have BotW to pick and play anytime I want...But that said getting an update and gameplay footage and a release year was definitely still exciting! There was a lot of speculation around sky based exploration this time arounf and it seems to be the case seeing Link skydiving between floating islands over hyrule! Also showing off some interesting new mechanics like phasing through platforms and what appears to be a time-reversal rune? I'm definitely excited for this game despite my current lack of urgency to get it right now.

I'm indifferent to Kazuya tbh, but I was excited to see that Tekken has a playable fighter in Smash now and that finally Bamco has a second character in the game. It's weird and does make me question whether we will see another big name fighter like Crash or Chief going forward since we got just one spot left. We'll see what happens after the showcase later in the month.

Advance Wars is back, that's cool to see. Super Monkey Ball had me confused at first cuz I saw the bananas thinking it was a new DK game but I was like "DK's not 20 years old, what's going on here?"

I'm actually intrigued by SMTV now that I saw some gameplay. So there's a possibility I may pick up the game, whenever I decide
I'm done playing Dread that is :p

No Monolith news kinda sucks but if they are working on a full game and not a port or DLC then they probably will still need some time. Also no Pokemon news was surprising, wasn't expecting Legends but at least something more on BDSP since it's coming out this fall. Of course no DK or Pikmin news is a bit of a bummer, though for myself personally I'm not that invested in those franchises so personally I didn't miss them much.

I did feel it was a solid direct overall. Getting BOTW2 news and not just a new 2D Metroid, but Metroid Dread was huge, even taking my own personal biases aside. But personally I'm eating well right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom