• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The way I see of it Good Guy Ganon is in the same boat as playable Zelda - wishful thinking from fans who want to see a shake up from the Zelda story "format".

Link is the Hero, Ganon(dorf) is the villain and Zelda is the damsel in distress. It's an outdated trope but not one I expect them to move away from anytime soon.

The problem with comparing the color scheme to beast Ganon's is that beast Ganon is right there. If Ganon amd Ganondorf really are seperated here, they wouldn't need to share color schemes. Besides that, Ganon and Ganondorf have always been treated as different forms of the same entity in lore - the two being seperate beings is mostly fanon interpretation.

I'm a believer in the theory that the green hand is an ancient Zonai keeping Ganondorf at bay, and that Ganondorf has slowly been leaking out Malice to create Calamity Ganon and the Blights to act as puppets on his behalf.
While this is probably true. What makes you think the title would be then?

Also look at that picture, the hero has the colors of Beast Ganon from later games. The calamity has the ganondorf color scheme.

If they merged, this would explain his looks and appearances in every game going forward. It would also explain how the third tri force holder came to be. Something I can’t recall any Zelda game given a definite answer on Ganon’s origins of having the tricot with of power. Yeah he’s strong, but I don’t think there’s been more on that story.

something that could theoretically happen if this theory panned out.

The other problem with the zonai tribe is that we never see Link incarnate in a civilization like that. For example, ocarina of time, he’s in a forest civilization.

In other games, he usually is born into castle town an urban town build around the wide open plains. link is usually tied into Lush nature environments l, not a jungle background. Assuming their origin is there.

It could also be assumed that based on the ruins in the trailer, their civilization also once stood where the castle is, but was lost to time.

At the end of the day, it’s probably going to be the more simple Ganon is bad like you said, and nothing stops them from changing link’s origins up. But it’s interesting speculation none the less.

Shroob

Sup?
While this is probably true. What makes you think the title would be then?

Also look at that picture, the hero has the colors of Beast Ganon from later games. The calamity has the ganondorf color scheme.

If they merged, this would explain his looks and appearances in every game going forward. It would also explain how the third tri force holder came to be. Something I can’t recall any Zelda game given a definite answer on Ganon’s origins of having the tricot with of power. Yeah he’s strong, but I don’t think there’s been more on that story.

something that could theoretically happen if this theory panned out.

The other problem with the zonai tribe is that we never see Link incarnate in a civilization like that. For example, ocarina of time, he’s in a forest civilization.

In other games, he usually is born into castle town an urban town build around the wide open plains. link is usually tied into Lush nature environments l, not a jungle background. Assuming their origin is there.

It could also be assumed that based on the ruins in the trailer, their civilization also once stood where the castle is, but was lost to time.

At the end of the day, it’s probably going to be the more simple Ganon is bad like you said, and nothing stops them from changing link’s origins up. But it’s interesting speculation none the less.
....isn't BotW at the end of the timeline though? It wouldn't make sense for this to be Ganon's origin story.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
....isn't BotW at the end of the timeline though? It wouldn't make sense for this to be Ganon's origin story.
I don't think we've been given a timeline placement for it.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think we've been given a timeline placement for it.
I mean, it kinda has to be at the end, or at the least, close to it. They reference the Hero of Time, Twilight, and...whatever SS' Hero is called in the memories. Can't really reference OoT and then go onto have a Ganon origin story(Esp since that's basically the first instance of Ganondorf in the timeline).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I personally think the idea that Ganon is the hero is a bit too farfetched for them to go all in with it.

BOTW was all about moving away from the tropes and conviences they had stuck to throughout the franchise, but I don't think they'll do that again when BOTW sold so well. If ain't broke, don't fix it, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can I say that whoever is making the Arts since Metroid 2 Remake need a raise? Their style work sooooooo freakin' well for Metroid, I can't wait to see more of their works in the full game & artbook.
Screen Shot 06-16-21 at 02.35 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 06-16-21 at 02.37 PM.PNG

I love the fact they made sure the design of Samus armors looked as close as they were back in the original game. They did something similar with the artwork of Samus fighting Mother Brain, but those new pics shown they love Metroid.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I thought it took place earlier in the timeline. I could be wrong though. I thought a lot of it was meant to set up the other games. Still we have 3 alternate routes in the timeline. It’s possible this story with Ganondorf could occur on one of the others. Like potentially a split route in the adult timeline.
So now that we know who the character was, who was the "leaked" fighter? Master Chief?
Verge was all in on chief. I also saw people saying he or others backed them champions as one character rumor and a double reveal at E3. Both of which were really bold things to claim given the likelihood of any of that working in smash.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I thought it took place earlier in the timeline. I could be wrong though. I thought a lot of it was meant to set up the other games. Still we have 3 alternate routes in the timeline. It’s possible this story with Ganondorf could occur on one of the others. Like potentially a split route in the adult timeline.

Verge was all in on chief. I also saw people saying he or others backed them champions as one character rumor and a double reveal at E3. Both of which were really bold things to claim given the likelihood of any of that working in smash.
BOTW was confirmed to be the latest game within any timeline, we just don't know for sure which timeline.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Why the **** would you parachute into a ****ing football game??????????

the dude literally almost killed a bunch of people.
It is ridiculous and I've seen a few bizarre incidents happening within past football matches but I have never seen something like this before.

Other than that, I am just glad to see that Christian Eriksen is doing well after what had happened during the Denmark and Finland match.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw yeah, been a pretty nice week so far: got vaccinated (with the second shot being late August), Advance Wars is back and Tekken got into Smash. Personally I'd have preferred Heihachi, but Kazuya's a pretty good choice as well. And hell, Namco really was long overdue for a second character.

Now all we need is either Akira or Jacky and we'd have Street Fighter x Tekken x Fatal Fury x Virtua Fighter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
BOTW was confirmed to be the latest game within any timeline, we just don't know for sure which timeline.
Interesting. I could actually see it on the hero loses timeline of Ganon is the hero in Impas story. Perhaps we see the world try to reincarnate link but end up with a ganondorf body instead.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I personally prefer buying physical.

I just like the feeling of a physical cartridge :drshrug:
I hate physical games, they take up space, i lose them easy and I am to lazy to get up and switch games. MK8D have been in my switch for months

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Goooooodddd morning people! How y'all doing!

To think we're still in speculation for another 3-4 months eh? We surely are in the endgame now.
Can't E3 is finished for this year.

Anyways, there are still a number of events to look forward to such as San Diego Comic-con next month (hopefully for some MCU and DCEU news), EVO 2021 (hopefully for fighting game news) and many more.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Would be cool if Kazuya got his Link costume like he did in the Wii U port of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. :upsidedown:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So like, the Evangelion characters dont come with Cruel Angels thesis when they pop up in Robot wars while everyone else does in fact get their anime themes as battle music.

...That's honestly pretty weird.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
64D17F3D-1F66-4B70-9B4F-922B4B9508B5.jpeg
F91AF484-56E1-4116-9B32-C7EFE2078CFF.png

Lady Loki