• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey, @TheMighty: How casual friendly is DB Fighter Z? I'm a little curious next time I find it on sale. :nifty:
It's really easy to get into because a lot of the characters have very similar gameplans, and there'a not many command inputs aside from the Hadouken and Tatsumaki inputs (with some down down inputs), but that's not to say there's a low skill ceiling so it's not like it caps off early. It's very beginner friendly, possibly the most beginner friendly FG out there.

I'd play it more if I paid for my PS4 subscription

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Watched the second epside of Loki and I really like the chemistry between Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson's characters. Overall....at least we finally get to see Sophia di Martino's character as possibly one of the variants of Loki, maybe as Lady Loki?

Other than that, although I did mention in my previous post that I have seen many bizarre moments in football/soccer, here is one that could very well be up for the most bizarre and blunderous own goal ever:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who goes to an amusement park in a bikini?
most people come here for our water park and they have a much more lax dress code.

The amount of people that ignore the numerous signs that specifically tell you to change into regular clothes once you leave though....

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
most people come here for our water park and they have a much more lax dress code.

The amount of people that ignore the numerous signs that specifically tell you to change into regular clothes once you leave though....
Just say that there’s a good chance her top will fly off in the middle of the ride if she isn’t careful

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I feel like I'm lucky as **** when it comes to Smash.

I don't really give a **** about things like Most Wanteds or not, to me, it's just more content to play with. So every DLC character's exciting even if I don't know much about them.

View attachment 319583
This used to not be me.

But now it is.

And my word is Smash more enjoyable this way.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ive been content with Smash bros ultimate the whole way through because my lady Makoto Niijima is a background cheerleader on Mementos.

And now i'm perfectly happy that i can play as a super deformed Tifa Lockhart.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's the drawing I finished yesterday.

Can't wait to see how crazy Kazuya's moveset really will be. For all we know, he might have a Punch and Kick button setup instead of Normal and Special. Though After watching the trailer a bunch, I think the Devil Moves are his Smash Attacks and Specials, namely the Hellfire Cannon and an Up B being a flying move.

He does have a rage mode and rage art too, it seems like.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, Metroid Dread has one of the best box artwork on the Switch as of now, in my opinion.
It instantly sets the game's mood and tone, gives ya a feel for what the game is gonna be about, and it's generally good, simple graphic design. I love it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Shroob Shroob and Wademan94 Wademan94

I give to you

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Niko in your party? Now that's based. OneShot is an amazing game. I may or may not be covering it in my next video, hehe.

MooMew64

Niko in your party? Now that's based. OneShot is an amazing game. I may or may not be covering it in my next video, hehe.
I actually updated my original Niko Mii:

I've been revisiting a lot of early Miis and remaking them with new tricks I've learned from others and my own experimentation.

Legit, I'm probably never fully dropping this game, even after beating postgame: It's become an art platform for me now, lol. Easily in my top 5 Switch games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I actually updated my original Niko Mii:

I've been revisiting a lot of early Miis and remaking them with new tricks I've learned from others and my own experimentation.

Legit, I'm probably never fully dropping this game, even after beating postgame: It's become an art platform for me now, lol. Easily in my top 5 Switch games.
This is some good ****, fam.

I give it a pancake/10.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man X with Rathalos Armor kind of hits.

This is the type of dank content I like to see.

If anything, I'd say this bolsters Ubisoft and Capcom the most.

Both were considered "Out" due to their costume dumps.

Now? Not so much.
Ah, that's true, it's not quite a death sentence anymore, or least not totally impossible.

It's real CAPCOM PRESENTS hours now.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I haven't been as active the past while but thought since things have died down I'll give a quick thoughts on the direct. And tonight I'll try to be a bit active. Just dreading since the guest of my brother's coming tomorrow. Though I'll be wayyyyyyy up the coast half the day,

So from the conference I'll probably be picking Advance Wars and Metroid Dread day 1 and that's probably it.

Makes me realise one thing. Ever since the announcement of the sequel to The World Ends With You my interest has just dropped a great bit in games and I've noticed. I've finally gotten my "Holy Grail" of a game announced and now I'm just iffy about everything else gaming wise. Same with Smash with Pyra and Mythra getting in.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like they are losing interest in games.

MooMew64

So I haven't been as active the past while but thought since things have died down I'll give a quick thoughts on the direct. And tonight I'll try to be a bit active. Just dreading since the guest of my brother's coming tomorrow. Though I'll be wayyyyyyy up the coast half the day,

So from the conference I'll probably be picking Advance Wars and Metroid Dread day 1 and that's probably it.

Makes me realise one thing. Ever since the announcement of the sequel to The World Ends With You my interest has just dropped a great bit in games and I've noticed. I've finally gotten my "Holy Grail" of a game announced and now I'm just iffy about everything else gaming wise. Same with Smash with Pyra and Mythra getting in.

Anyone else get that feeling? Like they are losing interest in games.
I'm far from losing interest, but I'm definitely starting to realize that AAA western has pretty much completely deserted from where my tastes lie, lol.

Nintendo games, weeb games, and indies are the real reasons I'm still playin' games, TBH. Without 'em, I woulda ducked out years ago.

heh

ducked

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now...as someone who's very much ignorant to Shin Megami Tensei and who's only experience with the universe is Joker in Smash...

Is Shin Megami Tensei normally a monster collection type Jrpg or is this something new to V specifically?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Now...as someone who's very much ignorant to Shin Megami Tensei and who's only experience with the universe is Joker in Smash...

Is Shin Megami Tensei normally a monster collection type Jrpg or is this something new to V specifically?
It's always been a monster catching game, predating Pokemon by a few years.

Even Persona has a minor monster catching element to it, but it's imposible to really implement it with Joker in smash so he just uses his starter Arsene.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That was more a interquel than a full on sequel after Fusion.
Yeah see, this is why Other M is so disappointing. So the Prime Trilogy, Prime Hunters, and likely Prime 4 all take place in the time period between Metroid and Metroid II or more canonically accurate: between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid: Samus Returns. Kinda helps explain why the Galactic Federation ordered their extermination after dealing with them and almost losing to them on 4 separate occasions before Metroid II. You obviously can’t make a game that takes place between II and Super Metroid because they literally are back to back chronologically. So what’s the next best time period? Between Super and Fusion, obviously.

So they had a good foundation on their hands. Prime made it work before so we should be able to make it work this time. We’re going to make it more action oriented so we’re going to hire some of the best in the action business, Team Ninja, oh and we can use their cinematic studio so that we can make some jaw dropping story scenes. Still good choices. Except let’s make it a 2D inspired game so we have to use the Wiimote sideways, except it’s 3D so it’s extremely cumbersome to use, oh but we should add some Prime in the mix for good measure, moving? Ah not important just make them stand still to fire missiles, oh lets give Samus a character, what do you mean she already had a badass characterization? Nah she has daddy issues and only listens to Adam, yeah that overbearing AI from Fusion remember? Great idea huh?

I don’t hate Other M, I’m actually quite fond of it myself, but I won’t deny that there were some DUMB decisions in place. If you’re going to make it 2D inspired then make it 2D, if you’re going to make it 3D action then my god give Team Ninja a whole controller to develop on, if you wanted to call back to Prime them make the first person sequences a pseudo detective mode OR just a full blown FPS mode. There’s a lot of obvious choices that they could’ve fixed but Sakamoto had WAY to much freedom on the project and allowed his ambitions and inspirations to overtake his design philosophies and thus Other M is a pretty good game in a franchise of masterpieces when it could’ve been SO much better.

The epitome of missed opportunity

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's always been a monster catching game, predating Pokemon by a few years.

Even Persona has a minor monster catching element to it, but it's imposible to really implement it with Joker in smash so he just uses his starter Arsene.
I figured Persona had something along those lines given the...well Personas that you can acquire. But as stated I've never really gotten into either series before. Though I am interested in trying SMTV. I'm hoping they release a demo for the game before it's launch so I can try it out without spending the full price first.

This is the last game to release that was shown off in the original Switch presentation that feels like it was 100 years ago, and I hear about all the buzz it's been getting.

Of course that depends on whether I've gotten sick of playing Dread by that time. lol

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah see, this is why Other M is so disappointing. So the Prime Trilogy, Prime Hunters, and likely Prime 4 all take place in the time period between Metroid and Metroid II or more canonically accurate: between Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid: Samus Returns. Kinda helps explain why the Galactic Federation ordered their extermination after dealing with them and almost losing to them on 4 separate occasions before Metroid II. You obviously can’t make a game that takes place between II and Super Metroid because they literally are back to back chronologically. So what’s the next best time period? Between Super and Fusion, obviously.

So they had a good foundation on their hands. Prime made it work before so we should be able to make it work this time. We’re going to make it more action oriented so we’re going to hire some of the best in the action business, Team Ninja, oh and we can use their cinematic studio so that we can make some jaw dropping story scenes. Still good choices. Except let’s make it a 2D inspired game so we have to use the Wiimote sideways, except it’s 3D so it’s extremely cumbersome to use, oh but we should add some Prime in the mix for good measure, moving? Ah not important just make them stand still to fire missiles, oh lets give Samus a character, what do you mean she already had a badass characterization? Nah she has daddy issues and only listens to Adam, yeah that overbearing AI from Fusion remember? Great idea huh?

I don’t hate Other M, I’m actually quite fond of it myself, but I won’t deny that there were some DUMB decisions in place. If you’re going to make it 2D inspired then make it 2D, if you’re going to make it 3D action then my god give Team Ninja a whole controller to develop on, if you wanted to call back to Prime them make the first person sequences a pseudo detective mode OR just a full blown FPS mode. There’s a lot of obvious choices that they could’ve fixed but Sakamoto had WAY to much freedom on the project and allowed his ambitions and inspirations to overtake his design philosophies and thus Other M is a pretty good game in a franchise of masterpieces when it could’ve been SO much better.

The epitome of missed opportunity
God I would love another linear action focused metroid game, but this time like... good.

MooMew64

View attachment 319619

sorry Broly, I think I’m with Brian. With the exceptions of Microsoft and Nintendo.
Nintendo and MS actually showed up after spending months of thoughtful preparation.

Ubisoft overslept and threw together a baking soda volcano last minute.

SE showed Life is Strange in the class for the 7th week in a row.

Capcom showed up for the free food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom