• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Huh. I didn’t know they said that.

And I mean... how far off can part 2 really be. I mean, they didn’t really start development until after KH3 was finished.
I mean, depends on how much they're putting into it. They're gonna be outside Midgar now, so there's a lot of ground to cover if the plan on expanding rather than full on adapting.

Just look at BotW2: It's been in development for a while now and they had BotW's engine to work with. Game development takes time, and the pandemic didn't make it any easier.

On another note, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LOOK AT THIS:

perfection

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm expecting news way later on this year to be honest for both. I do have a lot of faith in FFXVI cause it's 14's team leading the charge.

Speaking of FF I'm just disappointed at Final Fantasy Origin. The idea of FF1 done in a sort of Souls-like concept sounded really cool but then they modernised the main characters attires and all that.
It just looks bland.
Yeah. Hopefully it’s good. But like... I couldn’t even tell that’s what it was until we saw Garland. And where was the fourth warrior? And which of the classes even were those ****ers?
I mean, depends on how much they're putting into it. They're gonna be outside Midgar now, so there's a lot of ground to cover if the plan on expanding rather than full on adapting.

Just look at BotW2: It's been in development for a while now and they had BotW's engine to work with. Game development takes time, and the pandemic didn't make it any easier.

On another note, EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND LOOK AT THIS:

perfection
I mean yeah but also like... I don’t really expect a true open world because that would mean a lot of just... empty space between different places. I actually imagine it comparable to... Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie oddly enough. Like, a bunch of open areas that the scenarios are set in but that aren’t linked by anything other than fast travel. But yeah. Hopefully we don’t need to wait more then 3 or 4 years because the wait is crushing.

And man I am really excited by the idea of FFXVI. Just as long as it’s more like 7R and not... Dark Souls. In terms of gameplay, obviously the aesthetic is the aesthetic.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I think I'm gonna go to bed.

Get my last semi-decent night's sleep for a month for then it's party time for two ***** in my house for a month. And's a chance in the 90's of 100 that I'll probably have sensory overload and probably break something of mine but I'll make sure it doesn't come to that.

sigh god help me guys.

Goodnight.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Get my last semi-decent night's sleep for a month for then it's party time for two ***** in my house for a month. And's a chance in the 90's of 100 that I'll probably have sensory overload and probably break something of mine but I'll make sure it doesn't come to that.

sigh god help me guys.

Goodnight.
Good luck, amigo.

MooMew64

sigh god help me guys.

Goodnight.
Prayin' things can stay calm for ya, Ire.

D

Deleted member

I just finished my 4th shift in a row....

but now, I’m slowly gonna start getting more break days so I don’t have to do that again. :yoshi:

pretty sure the main reason I had to do that was because not enough people were trained on the rides I’m trained on: I see the same 6-7 people rotating between them everyday, and one of the 3 rides I do has been closed the last few days too.

D

Deleted member

I like Primitive and Cyberpunk based games across the board the most. I only know of Blazing Strike being the only cyberpunk fighter in that atmosphere to be released Spring of next year from this generation. I'm going to start being even more picky from now on.

The question is, can anyone recommend me some good or underrated Cyberpunk games? I will buy VA-11 HALL-A early next month for obvious reasons. :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I own Final Fantasy 1-7 and the After Years. I have the free trial of 14, and I own (and have played) 15. So aside from 8-10, 12, and 13 (rip 11) which Final Fantasy games am I missing from my lineup, are they worth playing, and what platforms are they available on?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The plot of Robot wars V takes quiet a while for it to get going but once it does it's been entertaining so far.

The full metal panic characters have been my favorite to use.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh wait...I still got 2 months and 5 days left to go

D

Deleted member

Ok. I own Final Fantasy 1-7 and the After Years. I have the free trial of 14, and I own (and have played) 15. So aside from 8-10, 12, and 13 (rip 11) which Final Fantasy games am I missing from my lineup, are they worth playing, and what platforms are they available on?
Your post had me to remember about the existence of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. I will buy that eventually.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Disappointed, but not surprised.

D

Deleted member

Forget to mention, but today was also the day my sister started her first shift.

She was almost completely sunburnt when I met her in HR lol. Being a lifeguard is a whole nother world.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Which would be a better way to do a Final Fantasy fighting game? A screen filling tag fighter like MvC or a 3D weapon fighter like Soul Calibur. I literally can’t decide.
I feel like a tag fighter would allow for a greater variety in terms of gameplay, since not every Final Fantasy character uses weapons. (Kefka, for example) Plus, it would allow someone like Edgar from Final Fantasy 6 (depending on how deep you're digging) to get crazier in terms of weapons, and it would mean that grapplers or brawlers (like Sabin from FF6 or Tifa from FF7) wouldn't be at a disadvantage. (not sure how many fist fighters Soul Calibur has had beyond Heihachi from SC2)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Disappointed, but not surprised.
Technically many of them are breaching eBay ToS. Aside from stating it's a pre-sale, it also has to include the actual date the item will be available and actually be shipped within 30 days of purchase. These don't come out for at least 90+ days. If you're ordering these and an issue comes up, eBay will not have your back if it's past the 30 days.

eBay just doesn't care about enforcing their own rules to be frank. Same thing with pirated goods. Best thing you can do is report the listing. :pcfire:

D

Deleted member

Kyoshiro: You said, “defeat the enemy,” not “defeat Oden’s retainers,” right?

Kyoshiro: “very poor choice of words.” sword-slashing sounds intensify

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I might actually check it out

esp since Code Geass was one of my fave anime in high school/college
It'll probably be a bit expensive compared to usual Switch stuff since you'll have to import it, these games never make it outside of Asian markets, but they are released in English in said asian markets.

Also Code Geass was in Robot Wars X, also on the Switch, so that might catch your attention.

MooMew64

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Witcher 3...it's a game so far...not sure how I feel about it atm

Status