• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Apparently I completely missed this, but the Nintendo Treehouse presentation does confirm that animated cutscenes are coming back to WarioWare: Get It Together. And it's kinda hard to hear the voice clips over the presenters talking, but yup, sounds like they got the WarioWare: Gold cast back. I'm gonna love this, aren't I?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reflecting on yesterday and Nintendo still won E3, though not by much imo. Nice to see WarioWare and Advance Wars come back, and I guess people besides me liked the peak at BotW2 and the new Metroid, and of course I got ****ING KAZUYA HYPE!!! But it still wasn’t that great for me personally. DK and Kid Icarus look to be the only two series with anniversaries not getting celebrated this year and that blows. Especially cause one of those things is not quite like the other. And there’s no chance for another direct until September. So if DK is getting a birthday party, it won’t happen this year. Which sucks.

Overall, I left E3 with a few little nuggets. Some of gold to keep myself, but mostly of silver to give to my friends. I knew going in that I wouldn’t hit the motherload but I didn’t think the mine would be that empty. Though I am happy for all of those people loving the silver we did find.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've really warmed up to Kazuya's inclusion in Smash. Wasn't initially thrilled by him despite thinking Tekken made perfect sense and was completely deserving of having a character, but I have some pretty good memories of playing Tekken Tag Tournament as a kid so I'm cool with the guy being here.

D

Deleted member

Aw crud. I forgot to post my filled E3 bingo card.

Here it is:

-Smash Reveal (or two): Well, this one was obvious, which is why it's a free space.:p
-Zelda 35th Anniversary Content: Just a Game and Watch with 4 games but it's something...
-New Wario Game: Congrats to WarioWare fans for Getting it Together! .....that was awful, I'm sorry.
-Info on BotW2: 30 seconds of gameplay counts as info, right?
-New Third Party Game: SMTV looks cool.
-Switch Ports: The Life is Strange, Super Monkey Ball and Danganrompa collections count...... I think?
-New Mario Game (RPG): It was already shown beforehand but Mario+Rabbids is a strategy RPG so it counts.

-Dormant IP Gets a Remaster/Remake: Advance Wars has been revived with the 1+2 remasters.
- No Info on Metroid Prime 4 Except maybe a mention that development is going well hopefully...: Well..... they said it was still in development at least. At least Metroid fans have Dread to look forward to.

Aaaannnnnnd......... No bingo. Oh well. Had fun making the spots.

D

Deleted member

Here’s a fun little game I thought of:

Type out one word for each letter of the alphabet, but the actual word is the first thing that it gets autocorrected to.

Like this:

and
because
cool
dragon
everything
furry
guess
have
it
joke
kinda
lol
might
no
oh
probably
question
ramen
still
the
unless
vanguard
we
yugioh
xyz
zexal

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Haven't played much if it, but Tekken is such a dope ass game, so I'm happy to see it in Smash.

It's definitely hard to get into with all the combonations and stuff
From what I've read, you can pick Eddy Gordo and mash buttons, and you'll do fine.

I'm hoping that Namco-Bandai announces a Tekken collection at EVO, similar to the Street Fighter and Samurai Shodown collections. Even if it's just the earlier games, like Tekken 1-3, it would be great to have them available on modern consoles. (though I'd hope we'd get Tekken 1-4 and Tag Tournament at least, if that happened)

Noipoi

Howdy!

Type out one word for each letter of the alphabet, but the actual word is the first thing that it gets autocorrected to.

Like this:

and
because
cool
dragon
everything
furry
guess
have
it
joke
kinda
lol
might
no
oh
probably
question
ramen
still
the
unless
vanguard
we
yugioh
xyz
zexal
And
But
Can
Do
Everyone
For
Good
He
I’m
Just
Keep
My
No
Oh
Pokémon
Question
Really
So
That’s
Ultimate
Very
We
XD
You
Zacian

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Like this:

and
because
cool
dragon
everything
furry
guess
have
it
joke
kinda
lol
might
no
oh
probably
question
ramen
still
the
unless
vanguard
we
yugioh
xyz
zexal
And
But
Can
Do
Even
For
Guess
How
I’m
Just
Kk
My
No
Ok
Please
Quite
Right
So
The
Unless
Very
What
Xenoblade
Yeah
ZIM

Rizen

Smash Legend
Reflecting on yesterday and Nintendo still won E3, though not by much imo. Nice to see WarioWare and Advance Wars come back, and I guess people besides me liked the peak at BotW2 and the new Metroid, and of course I got ****ING KAZUYA HYPE!!! But it still wasn’t that great for me personally. DK and Kid Icarus look to be the only two series with anniversaries not getting celebrated this year and that blows. Especially cause one of those things is not quite like the other. And there’s no chance for another direct until September. So if DK is getting a birthday party, it won’t happen this year. Which sucks.

Overall, I left E3 with a few little nuggets. Some of gold to keep myself, but mostly of silver to give to my friends. I knew going in that I wouldn’t hit the motherload but I didn’t think the mine would be that empty. Though I am happy for all of those people loving the silver we did find.
I agree, E3 was a letdown.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After years of collecting dust, I finally played a game on my Wii U again, being Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain why I picked that game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Is anyone else still having issues downloading stuff from eshop?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, Super Bomberman R Online would give me an error message when I tried to do a software update. I tried deleting the game and redownload it but that won't install either.
They really need to fix this before Kazuya drops…

Noipoi

Howdy!
God Kazuya’s stream and release date can’t come soon enough. I’m so excited for this guy you don’t even know! Though I am worried, with how much I like him, how quickly I am finding myself thinking “yeah but who’s next?”.
Trust me, we’ve got the whole summer to get neurotic about the last one. Just enjoy the moment ;)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is anyone else still having issues downloading stuff from eshop?
It's giving me an error 2123-1502 when I try to download the updates for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity and Doom Eternal. I've seen that people are having trouble with downloading anything from the eShop thanks to the latest Switch system update; I'm not sure if it's that or something else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God Kazuya’s stream and release date can’t come soon enough. I’m so excited for this guy you don’t even know! Though I am worried, with how much I like him, how quickly I am finding myself thinking “yeah but who’s next?”.
Yeah. Kazuya is such a cool pick and I’m super excited to see how Sakurai does him.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The latest system update was actually temporarily pulled by Nintendo for I think error related things. I installed the update before the pull so maybe that's it.

Might need to call tech support.
I only updated after the pull when they presumably had a fixed version up. I couldn’t access eshop without updating

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Haven't played much if it, but Tekken is such a dope ass game, so I'm happy to see it in Smash.

It's definitely hard to get into with all the combonations and stuff
I tried a bit of 7, but just couldn't get into it. Didn't really vibe with the characters and settings, which as weird as that sounds for a fighting game, is always an important factor to me.

The music, though? Hoooo boy, if we don't get this in Smash, I demand my money back:

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I tried a bit of 7, but just couldn't get into it. Didn't really vibe with the characters and settings, which as weird as that sounds for a fighting game, is always an important factor to me.

The music, though? Hoooo boy, if we don't get this in Smash, I demand my money back:
Not gonna lie same, ive tried out a few Tekken games but the games themselves arent really my thing.

The music is complete hype though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom