• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
OK Universal Studios. Hall of Justice. Your move. All I'm sayin.
Here's the odd thing. Universal Studios actually has the theme park rights to Marvel characters east of the Mississippi. This is why Disney is doing this at Disneyland and NOT Disney World :yoshi:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well every state can be crap depending on what metric you use. As for me, yes, Nevada is definitely that :yoshi:
as someone who lives in Vegas...I must disagree on Nevada being crap

but that's because I got the best part of Nevada
The Avenger's Campus at California Adventure looks really cool tbh.

as was that Avengers them transitioning into Spider-Man's MCU theme

that and how him, Ant-Man, and Captain America all having the most focus out of the entire gang...noice noice

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We get two characters from Yakuza in Virtua Fighter 6. One is Ichiban Kasuga. Characters from the Kiryu era who do not also appear in Like a Dragon and beyond are not elligable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's the odd thing. Universal Studios actually has the theme park rights to Marvel characters east of the Mississippi. This is why Disney is doing this at Disneyland and NOT Disney World :yoshi:
Yeah. I know. But like... ain't no way Disney is gonna let them renew once the contract inevitably expires. So.... they're gonna need to put SOMETHING in where their Marvel stuff was, all I'm saying. Hall of Justice. With a through line to the Watchtower.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah. I know. But like... ain't no way Disney is gonna let them renew once the contract inevitably expires. So.... they're gonna need to put SOMETHING in where their Marvel stuff was, all I'm saying. Hall of Justice. With a through line to the Watchtower.
Fair enough :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
We get two characters from Yakuza in Virtua Fighter 6. One is Ichiban Kasuga. Characters from the Kiryu era who do not also appear in Like a Dragon and beyond are not elligable.
Ichiban's explanation for being there is just his imagination because Virtua Fighter is canonically an arcade game in Yakuza. His use of weapons would be unusual among the cast, but I guess it would set him apart if it's balanced properly.

The other one kinda has to be Kiryu. Give him his multiple styles, VF is not a stranger to stance characters, he should feel right at home.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Oof. A sad just hit me right in the gut.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ichiban's explanation for being there is just his imagination because Virtua Fighter is canonically an arcade game in Yakuza. His use of weapons would be unusual among the cast, but I guess it would set him apart if it's balanced properly.

The other one kinda has to be Kiryu. Give him his multiple styles, VF is not a stranger to stance characters, he should feel right at home.
But doesn’t the creator not want Kiryu in fighting games because he doesn’t want him to beat up women?

Shroob

Sup?
But doesn’t the creator not want Kiryu in fighting games because he doesn’t want him to beat up women?
Tbh that'd probably apply to Ichiban as well. I haven't really played YLAD, but from what I've seen my friend stream, Ichiban's a real 'nice guy' kinda guy who doesn't seem like he'd throw hands with a lady.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
and Teresa Parker...hope she gets a better life as time goes by

osby

Smash Obsessed
So ignore it? Got it.
Tbf, Yakuza and Virtua Fighter are kind of a weird mix. Virtua Fighter is usually seen as one of the most, if not the most, grounded fighting games around (cyborg final boss notwithstanding). Yakuza, on the other hand, tests how over the top it can get without actually adding fantastical elements all the time.

If I had to add a guest character to VF, it would probably be Ryo from Shenmue. ...I probably should nominate him for that SEGA fighting game thread when I have the chance.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which would you pick?

Man it’s such a hard bucking choice! I guess I gotta go with DK, but I also sang like.... everything else there except Odyssey 2 and Fire Emblem.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some of the Spider-Man WEB content from the Avengers Campus
and don't forget Black Cat is now bisexual

Rizen

Smash Legend
The mountains of Colorado are gorgeous but eastern CO is complete ****.

Yeah, not only is it an extremely well-made game, it's also a great alarm clock. Makes me wake up no matter what.

BTW, here's a good question for you guys; what are your favorite 3DS games?
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Kirby Triple Deluxe (The entire reason I got the system in the first place)
Kirby Planet Robobot
Pokémon Sun (My first real crack at Pokémon)
Warioware Gold
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Super Smash Bros.
Senran Kagura Burst
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
The 3DS had some good Kirby games; that's one of the things I regret about not getting one.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There’s actually a loophole. Apparently Disney is blocking any further development on new attractions based on Marvel Properties. So basically, if Universal wants to make something Marvel they still have to strike a deal with Disney. There is also a way for Disney to wiggle its way through the contracts to allow stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy to appear at Epcot. Notably since THAT Guardians is a Marvel Studios original team they can make that ride as long as they don’t label it as a coaster? I dunno dude, the theme park contracts are a... incredibly complicated beast.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Not all jokes are clever. Some just need a little extra gas.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Which would you pick?
Either Kirby or Pikmin 4, a tough choice. If the new Kirby is 3D, maybe Kirby since we have Pikmin 3 Deluxe already and waiting for Pikmin 4 can’t hurt anymore at this point + the only 3D Kirby games are that small Blowout Blast game and (sorta technically) Air Ride, though I do still want Pikmin 4...

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Which would you pick?

As much as I'd love another Xenoblade, I'd rather see new games for either Kid Icarus or F-Zero at E3 since those series have been dormant for a while with little hope of returning.

With the exception of maybe Star Fox, the rest seem inevitable at some point.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Man.

Why is it outside outside of a few of you guys here and my best friend IRL it's so ****ing hard to be friends with anyone else? I'm so tired of some things. Feels like I have to beg the world to like me.

It does my head in.

Feels like I'm piling a ****load of fish up to fry overnight. Trying to spend the week cleaning up and taking a step back for E3 but then got like the fish the size of Asia dumped on the 12 hours.

That is all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if you think about it, the place I work is technically a family business 🤔

maybe not in the traditional sense, but the park is owned by the same family that originally founded it in 1942.(or was it 1944?)

It’s definitely nice knowing that you aren’t working for some faceless, soulless, corporate chain. I’ve even met the owner myself once or twice.

D

Deleted member

Man.

Why is it outside outside of a few of you guys here and my best friend IRL it's so ****ing hard to be friends with anyone else? I'm so tired of some things. Feels like I have to beg the world to like me.

It does my head in.
I wouldn't give yourself a hard time. The continuous pursuit of validation from others, at least when I was growing up, was one of the sources of my pain and despair. Fitting in to be loved, where they've never had my back to begin with, was miserable for me. Reflecting on being called a future suspect for hardly socializing, low impulse control from being violent toward nuisances, or a sociopathic/psychopathic child was a bit hurtful.

Mainstream concepts or appeasing to the majority, isn't what it's cracked up to be. I find that living a rebel life, especially the on-going attacks and incrimination of my LGBTQ community in specific continents/countries, I'm not missing anything from them, personally.

Regardless of who you are and how much you go out of your way to help most people locally, it speaks volumes of how most of the world will treat you, and the optimism of being treated as you want to be treated won't be in your favor. I had to learn this the hard way, which is okay to accept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom