• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Gamers really need to stop thinking that game development is simply a point and click game that can be completed im like 10 seconds. They also need to understand the cycle of game development and what usually comes first and last, and all the deadlines that need to happen and crap.

On that note, can we stop calling developers lazy?

D

Deleted member

Gamers really need to stop thinking that game development is simply a point and click game that can be completed im like 10 seconds. They also need to understand the cycle of game development and what usually comes first and last, and all the deadlines that need to happen and crap.

the minecraft community needs to see this especially

osby

Smash Obsessed

"If fans can rip off assets from an official product and slap them into another engine for a janky, incomplete fangame for free, why can't developers make perfect games?!"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
the minecraft community needs to see this especially
The Minecraft community is awful in this regard. They can release a small texture pack for a season and people will be like "Really, you can release THAT but not MUH CAVE UPDATE".

Like, sure, I guess the art team is responsible for doing all the coding and debugging too, and we all know that art than can be done in like a month and a half takes the same amount if time as a massive update that takes well over a year to be completed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Pokemon fans will have to find a new hobby if they did so.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I saw some guy on Twitter claim that B&W2 were only 512kbs.

For reference, this image is over 100kb
View attachment 317663

Pokemon fans don't know ANYTHING I swear.
B&W fans really looked at how genwunners treated them and went "you know what? we should be even nastier when our game becomes the fandom's sacred cow!"

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
people really getting hyped over Spidey and Cap for the Avengers Campus. Spidey cause...Spidey...and Cap since it’s Sam Wilson representing the cause

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Seems like I will be able to watch this year's Nintendo E3 Direct live for once. Sweet!

Not sure what I'm really hoping for/expecting since I have yet to make a bingo card, but I have hopes that BotW2 will finally be announced, along with some more gameplay footage of BDSP.

Oh, and we can't forget the new Smash Ultimate DLC fighter!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Circle of Life?

More like Circle of Hatred! Imma right, guys?
Jokes aside, I find it more than a little frustrating how I straight-up can't talk about some of my favorite video games online because they are fans' favorite punching bags and a simple "I like X" is enough to gather aggressive jabs.

Bad faith criticisms surrounding video games made it really hard to just celebrate stuff even if you're aware of their flaws.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jokes aside, I find it more than a little frustrating how I straight-up can't talk about some of my favorite video games online because they are fans' favorite punching bags and a simple "I like X" is enough to gather aggressive jabs.

Bad faith criticisms surrounding video games made it really hard to just celebrate stuff even if you're aware of their flaws.
Gotta farm those EPIC internet points as they say, that and complaining as always been easier than actual meaningful critisms (mind you, you can't always write superb review about every media you consume, but silence exist too), it's easier too for peoples to notice youwhen you don't shut up about why you hate X or Y thing for years.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

On one hand, I can get sharing your opinion when someone brings up theirs, but there's a fine line between sharing an opinion and just bashing something, and a lot of people seem to not know where that line is drawn.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It makes sense. They’re the ones who get **** on the most, wether you agree with the criticisms or not.

It’s just funny to see gen 5 kids become what they once hated.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a degenerate. :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It makes sense. They’re the ones who get **** on the most, wether you agree with the criticisms or not.

It’s just funny to see gen 5 kids become what they once hated.
Insert Obi Wan Quote here

Now, I'm not gonna pretend that Gen 8bis better than Gen 5, simply because it's nowhere near the level, but I will give Gen 8 credit where credit is due: the version exclisives were minimal and didn't effect the games in the long run. The version exclusives in Gen 5 were ridiculous. They locked the difficulty options behind different versions of the game. Makes no sense.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Now, I'm not gonna pretend that Gen 8bis better than Gen 5, simply because it's nowhere near the level, but I will give Gen 8 credit where credit is due: the version exclisives were minimal and didn't effect the games in the long run. The version exclusives in Gen 5 were ridiculous. They locked the difficulty options behind different versions of the game. Makes no sense.
They finally implemented difficulty modes, locked it behind a system most people wouldn’t use, and never did it again.

Top 10 funniest things Gamefreak has ever done.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They finally implemented difficulty modes, locked it behind a system most people wouldn’t use, and never did it again.

One of them has to be the SwSh main quest where you take Kubfu to different locations to see the views, and one of them was a diarreha looking cave.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
A Zenkaiger Adaptation would be kinda weird. As long as they don't handle it like how they handled Gokaiger/Super Megaforce it could potentially be fun especially if they do something like Zenkaiser being Tommy's son and the main villain being Drakkon or something like that.

They would need to explain the numbers on their head though.

You like MMPR did you Watch Mighty Morphin Zyurangers by Mistare Fusion?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

And you still had to unlock the difficulty options anyway. And it was fake difficulty stuff like just slightly increasing or decreasing levels and IVs for the most part, some movesets would ever so slightly change too. Gym Leaders also all got an extra Pokemon but that speaks more to BW2 leaders only having three Pokemon by default, even Drayden and Marlon.

Gen V really was the generation of having some really high highs but the lows included some of the most baffling things ever huh

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Still better than all those Event Pokemon you couldn't get if you didn't have a Gamestop or Wi-Fi avaible at a very specific moment in time. (or couldn't even get at all legally like Arceus I think)

LISTEN I REALLY WANTED SHAYMIN WHEN I WAS LITTLE DOC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom