• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So since we were on the topic of emulation and paying full price for games and stuff, what's your thoughts in this?

Noipoi

Howdy!
So since we were on the topic of emulation and paying full price for games and stuff, what's your thoughts in this?
I mean, if you didn’t contribute to a game’s sales then you most likely helped in it not getting a sequel.

But I kinda feel like the people who didn’t pay for it wouldn’t care either way? The people who really wanted it most likely paid full price.

I dunno, that’s just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm doin' good. Gonna be playin' some games today and take a break from art and content creation shenanigans.

Probably gonna try to wrap up PMD this week and then move on to Touhou Luna Nights next weekend. After that, uuuuuhhhhhhh IDK probably finally finishing Age of Calamity's story mode before I buy MH Rise. :nifty:
I need to get back to playing Age of Calamity.

And Rise is a great choice! Maybe someday we can do some hunting together.

duxx

Smash Ace
invented a new smash meta
heavy mega screw smash. puff is the single best character in the game due to screw jump->screw jump->rest being a true 0-death on most characters on small battlefield. you have to play 15+ stocks so that the matches arent over in a minute.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He's got a kind of cynical and corporate attitude. I can see where he's coming from - corporations primarily exist to make profits. They're probably thinking, "if the first game didn't sell for full price, why would a sequel"?

But on the other hand, sales and free distributions could help raise interest in a game's sequel. From personal experience, I got into Fire Emblem after I got Scared Stones through the 3DS ambassador program and have bought multiple FE games at full price since. If a game did very well after it's initial launch, that could be indicative of a sequel performing better at launch.

In terms of pirating/emulation, that's where it gets a little more fuzzy. I don't think corporations have any reason to believe someone who's pirated the first game wouldn't just pirate the sequel. Plus they don't have an accurate way of measuring how many copies were pirated.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’d say that’s pretty fair. If a game doesn’t sell well, companies aren’t gonna risk making a sequel that could fail financially.

Edit: To clarify, I’m not saying you should buy a game just so it can get a sequel. Buy it if you want it. Don’t pirate it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If the overwhelming majority were unwilling to buy your game at full price, then maybe you should take a good look at the content you're offering and ask yourself if it's really worth that price.

Honestly really curious to see how Sony's gonna sell 5, maybe 10-hour long, $70 movie games to people this gen. :nifty:

EDIT:

Actually, wait, hold up: Is he talking about piracy, or people who bought the game on sale? Feel like I may have misunderstood this one here.

Double EDIT: Okay, no, I read it right, lol. Yeah, I stand by what I said: If peeps didn't buy the game full price, then it's a sign they didn't feel it was worth it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just got done cleaning the entire birdcage(s) and now I’m pooped. Whats up?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
He'd have more of a point if Day's Gone wasn't broken at launch and didn't take a post launch patch to become another above average zombie game in a sea of above average zombie games.

Also the prices of games are being hiked up so games are tougher sells now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If I didn't buy your game at full price, there's usually a reason why.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If I didn't buy your game at full price, there's usually a reason why.
I mean, I'll fully admit I try to buy everything I play on sale if I can due to the fact money is money: There's only so much of it to go around, and I can get even more games at a time if I can get them cheaper.

There's the flip side where it sometimes isn't about the game's quality, just that saving money where you can is always cool and good.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
View attachment 311878
Mah boy Morton flex on all the others and Roy got all the [~swag~] the other Roy wish he could have.

I would say you're dead to me in my heart, but you put Ludwig in number 1 spot, soooooo, you're cool, I guess, maybe, kinda.

I DONT KNOW, debating with myself on that...:ultmetaknight:
In actuality, Ludwig and Larry are tied for first, because I didn't order the tiers.
kek

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Decided to get around to watching the new Tom and Jerry movie earlier.

A decision I'll regret forever...a movie that began with animated rapping pigeons.
At least the talking animals weren’t rapping in a time period where the genre wasn’t even invented yet...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I suppose new week new pfp despite my mood swings. Saber will work.

Still annoyed at how I couldn't eat seafood earlier. I'll try sardines in sauce tomorrow.

Decided to get around to watching the new Tom and Jerry movie earlier.

A decision I'll regret forever...a movie that began with animated rapping pigeons.
Thank god you watched it for all of us then? Did us a great service.

Ain't gonna lie I was excited at the idea of a Tom and Jerry live-action/animated mix of a film............then generic New York setting and lost the attention. Gotta save a city like LA or Washington DC for that sequel out of it's ass after all.

At least the talking animals weren’t rapping in a time period where the genre wasn’t even invented yet...
How the hell as someone from the city that built it I never heard of an animated movie of this? Of course they replace the humans with animals but you'll be seeing a boatload of them dead.

Maybe.......if PlayStation didn't go that direction of blockbuster only then it wouldn't like that for them would it.

Also as someone who played it very recently the game is really a 30$ feel of it through and through.

Just got done with some yard work.

How's the rest of the Smashboards crew doin' today?
In a crappy reflective and depressed mood cause of the past week. Want to be busy all the time but well that's the hand I've dealt.

Now gonna play some games. How's yourself on this fine afternoon/evening?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sorry it's a couple days late, but Oracle Link Oracle Link 's AMA is now up

as per the usual, if you're interested in participating in a future AMA and are not currently on the list of future AMA subjects, please lemme know.

duxx

Smash Ace
update: mega man, meta knight, ness, and bowser are all looking to be really good in HMSS

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Elevator pitch:
A game set in the Super Robot wars/Project X Zone shared universe (They canonically co exist in case you didnt know) but instead of Game or Mecha characters the roster is made up of generic shonen anime heroes, most of those shonen anime franchises are under Bandai Namco's license so it's totally feasible.

Basically just Jump Force but it's an RPG instead of a fighting game, imagine a strategy game where you control Goku, Deku, The strawhats and Naruto's gang together.

So level with me. Is my PS3 really gonna stop working at all after some digital timer goes off?
On PS4/5 the console bricks.

On PS3 it's only digital downloads that stop working

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I keep on building and rebuilding decks over and over and over because I can’t seem to stick to one build, and it’s like:
C22110AF-0F70-4D47-BD9F-A3E0AD113752.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom