• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know Jerry's kind of a ****. Tom was minding his business making some money when Jerry could have set up his own thing separate from him making money of his own.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know Jerry's kind of a ****. Tom was minding his business making some money when Jerry could have set up his own thing separate from him making money of his own.
Isn't Jerry kinda of infamous for being a ****head to Tom at time?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is this how this whole movie is gonna be? Just rap music continuing on non-stop?

Also I question the worldbuilding of this world? So this is an alternate universe where all animals are pretty much cartoons, ones that can talk and communicate like humans. I tremble to think how the meat industry goes...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Sometimes he’s fighting for his life. But other times he just decides to screw with Tom.
Yeah exactly, sometime he doesn't deserve Tom to go after him, but other time, he does deserve it.

It's up to the writter one might say.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And now there's animal control. You know given some of these cartoon animals are capable of human speech and intelligence, you'd think they would have equal rights as we do...

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh my god not even 20 minutes in and already this is a damn snore to sit through. Jesus, it doesn't even feel like its about the cat and mouse!

Also did the fish just imagined a poop emoji?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah thats the whole dynamic.

Tom tries to get of Jerry because it's his job.

Jerry is a ****ing asshole, thats the whole show.
Yeah that's what I thought.

Hence my confusion at Micheal being surprise that Jerry is a **** to Tom.

If your name is Jerry and you're a fictional character, you're a ****, that's it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But legit, I usually don't like using emulators, but if a game is impossible to play or find, then yeah, I'm using them.

Anyway, should get back to my FireRed Randomizer run. Last time I did so, I beat Brock.
I actually love emulating as a hobby. The programming that goes behind it is fascinating, and it's getting better and better every day. Y'all know there's a pretty decent Switch emulator out there?

Way I see emulation ethics, it depends on what your motivation is with emulation. I don't support piracy (simply trying to get something available to officially purchase for free, that's straight up stealing), but if it's something you already own, owned before but lost access to, or isn't being sold outside outrageously priced second hand scalpers, I see no issue with it. It neither hurts nor helps the creators of the product: It is a neutral action.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I actually love emulating as a hobby. The programming that goes behind it is fascinating, and it's getting better and better every day. Y'all know there's a pretty decent Switch emulator out there?

Way I see emulation ethics, it depends on what your motivation is with emulation. I don't support piracy (simply trying to get something available to officially purchase for free, that's straight up stealing), but if it's something you already own, owned before but lost access to, or isn't being sold outside outrageously priced second hand scalpers, I see no issue with it. It neither hurts nor helps the creators of the product: It is a neutral action.
every emulator i own is just games i already physically own, it never hurts to have back ups.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So she tried to catch Jerry with a mouse trap...Shouldn't it be a known fact in this world that these cartoonish animals are just as intelligent as we are? What made her think this was gonna work?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Been playing The Binding of Isaac: Repentance and decided to draw my own OC.
Untitled1184_20210419020157.png

He's named after the second and last child of Jacob and Rachel.
And yes, he wears a onesie which helps him to get warm.
(Also, he's shorter than the other characters)

MooMew64

every emulator i own is just games i already physically own, it never hurts to have back ups.
Same. Only ones that aren't in my library are out of print stuff or Japan only stuff, and as long as they are reasonably priced in the second hand market, I want to pick up copies eventually.

TBH I'm probably gonna look into learning how to rip my own games at some point: All these moves from Sony lately are makin' me hecka nervous for the future of game preservation. Don't get me wrong, if I lose access to a game and that's it, it's not a huge deal to me, but if I can back it up I would like to.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Put it better than I can. I don't like piracy for the sake of piracy (except for Adobe, **** them), but emulation is legit the best way to preserve games that would be lost to time. It's neutral at worst.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think every game I have emulated I own a copy of now, with the exceptions of what are romhacks. ...Obviously those are impossible to find legit(not that you can't have it made for you. Though I am tempted to have that done for Touhoumon and the Spanish version of Quest 64 now that I know the concept exists). I also want to play BS Zelda 1, so that's another thought down the line.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And there it is...The poop moment where Spike *****...

He also seemed rather excited wanting to go to the bathroom. Is he always like this everytime and what's so exciting about that?

MooMew64

I've only used Project 64, but a lot of the games for it are pretty buggy, which sucks, honestly.
Project 64 is honestly pretty terrible for 64 emulation: It unfortunately is only still used as much as it is because the ROM Hacking scene for a while would make their stuff based off of its jank and YouTubers would keep using it, so no one knew better. Mupen64 and especially the parraLLel core on Retroarc are so, so much better nowadays, it's not even funny. Feel free to shoot me a DM sometime if you're interested in getting either set up: I love assisting with N64 emulation and it's probably one of the most confusing consoles to emulate given the majority go with the (IMO) worst choice with P64.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Project 64 is honestly pretty terrible for 64 emulation: It unfortunately is only still used as much as it is because the ROM Hacking scene for a while would make their stuff based off of its jank and YouTubers would keep using it, so no one knew better. Mupen64 and especially the parraLLel core on Retroarc are so, so much better nowadays, it's not even funny. Feel free to shoot me a DM sometime if you're interested in getting either set up: I love assisting with N64 emulation and it's probably one of the most confusing consoles to emulate given the majority go with the (IMO) worst choice with P64.
Honestly always just assumed Project 64 was the best I could find, haha. But yeah, I'll hit you up on that later. Thanks!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I emulated the following games:
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (it lagged like comeplete ****, I never made it past Angel Island)
Pokemon FireRed

I did buy MM Legacy Collection and Sonic Mega Collection later on though.

MooMew64

Honestly always just assumed Project 64 was the best I could find, haha. But yeah, I'll hit you up on that later. Thanks!
I did too, but after a tooooon of testing, I've come to find pareLLel just can't be beat: It even offers rendering plugins that aim at running the games as close to hardware accurate as possible, and with the shader capabilities of Retroarc, you can apply CRT and NTSC filters on top of your gameplay to get a true retro experience. It's honestly pretty incredible: I'll share some screens later today for those interested.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Project 64 thankfully works fine for Quest stuff, and gives me what I need to take images, test coding, etc. So good enough~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom