• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My depression issue has calmed down a little bit. I'm not as miserable as I was a while ago, which is a good sign. I feel okay. I still get depressive thoughts a lot, but I'm not being overwhelmed like I was before.

I don't know if this is a permanent improvement, but I'm glad I'm not in anguish. :222: My second-degree burn wounds do that for me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Remember how people spent the whole PS4 generation praising Sony as the best company ever?

You’d think peeps would stop putting companies on pedestals, but yeah, this is a reminder corporate suites are not your friends. They can and will make it their mission to squeeze as much money out of you as they can, and in return you get a big fat”lul forget u buy moar product”.
Bruh, I remember when FreeMelee was raging and people were hyping up Sega, Valve, ****ing BETHSEDA, and were trying to argue MOTHER****ING KONAMI were better than Nintendo.

Like, gamers miss the point so bad.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
My depression issue has calmed down a little bit. I'm not as miserable as I was a while ago, which is a good sign. I feel okay. I still get depressive thoughts a lot, but I'm not being overwhelmed like I was before.

I don't know if this is a permanent improvement, but I'm glad I'm not in anguish. :222: My second-degree burn wounds do that for me.
I feel you, amigo. Depression is awful. Worse than any physical pain could ever be.
Love yourself. Follow your dreams.

I too suffer from depression. Sometimes random attacks. Sometimes long term. I even admitted myself into a hospital twice.

We are emotional creatures. Love is simultaneously the most pleasurable and most unbearable feeling in our entire arsenal of emotions.
I don't know what caused you to be depressed, but no obstacle is too great to overcome. Like a Mario game, our first try may have been pathetic, but with perseverance, you learn how to deal with all the challenges that stand in your way.

Sometimes you have to reflect at the positive things, even the small things like:
"My cat thinks I'm pretty cool."
"This TV series is enthralling."
"This game I'm interested in is coming out soon."

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Bruh, I remember when FreeMelee was raging and people were hyping up Sega, Valve, ****ing BETHSEDA, and were trying to argue MOTHER****ING KONAMI were better than Nintendo.

Like, gamers miss the point so bad.
Nintendo makes really dumb decisions sometimes, but other companies do plenty of dumb stuff too.

Like, dang, the point isn’t to pick a “side” to blindly support: These are companies that care only for your money, they don’t give a dang about some of the obsessive”loyalty” people display on online fandoms nowadays. Stuff’s unhealthy.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Nintendo makes really dumb decisions sometimes, but other companies do plenty of dumb stuff too.

Like, dang, the point isn’t to pick a “side” to blindly support: These are companies that care only for your money, they don’t give a dang about some of the obsessive”loyalty” people display on online fandoms nowadays. Stuff’s unhealthy.
Capitalism is a disease.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Just finished up Hell Hound and Ghosthound. Took a while to get a lot of it right. The colors are similar, but that's how they are in all official versions as is.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I finally bought and put together a Display Case from Ikea. I was hoping to get one as soon as I moved into my apartment but they were sold out and I refuse to pay more than the $60 MSRP; and also since it's glass it probably won't come with me should I move... I'll probably take some pictures tomorrow once I figure out what to put it in as there's more space than I thought.

Also started going through the PS3 Store and picking up what I can while I can:
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 1&2
Bionic Commando ReArmed 1&2
Hard Corps Uprising + DLC

Am looking for suggestions, so far I still need to get:
Rocket Knight
Elevator Action Deluxe
Castlevania HoD + DLC
Soul Calibur 2 HD (really wish Nintendo worked out a deal for a Wii U port)
Zanac x Zanac
Tron Bonne
God Hand

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I wish we got this before Rayman 4 became a party game.

Riding on a giant spider would be a sight to see!
Looking at this, I wonder what exactly drove them to overhaul the game from a nitty-gritty beat-em-up to a dense, wacky party game. I remember there was a joke explanation, but, like... what's the actual reason behind it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Pfiooooou, just did a BIG Omori session, unlike yesterday, lots of stuff happened! So will take some time to write & all, and more time to read! So take your time with it.

So, first of all, after beated some enemies, I fought the King Crawler.....which went much more easily than expected. Simply 'cuz I had this stragegy of making it happy with Aubrey, flex with Kel, make Hero sad with Omori and then have Hero charm the enemy so it only attack him. Thanks to the Sad statue, he didn't get damaged that much, and on the next few turns, I basically debuffed it the **** out of it with Aubrey Power Hit (lower defense), Omori Trick (reduce speed) and HERO's Smile (reduce attack). With my boy Kel dealing big damages with hit-and-run. The rest of the battle went easy peasy thanks to all the debuff and me putting some of the gang on sad statue. Overall, the bear (you know which one i'm talking) was harder. (though being lower levels against said bear probably didn't help)

Now I entered the Sprout Mole Village, before I explore much of it, I decided to do the sidequest where you got to give a package to a sprout mole in Otherworld.

I forgot that there was a almost empty sprout village in it, so I kinda went everywhere until I found it again. Which I say was worth it, if only because more Life Jam is good in every cases.

Afterward, I explored more of the village and did the best thing in the world: ruining someone else Christmas by cutting their tree.
em1izi5wzxp21.gif

: )

After that totally necessary act of kindness. I got to the sprout who are all seasons themed and you can only get 1 item & achievement per playthrough....atleast for the former. As you can get all 4 achievements by just reloading your save before you made a chance. You won't get all the items, but it save you playing the game 4 times if you want to 100% Omori. (none of the items I got were that useful to me anyway)

Brief, I explore some more before going to watch Sweetheart show...and accidentaly kill a bonus boss by dropping a weight on it....

But don't worry! I had saved beforehand, so I reloaded and fought the other king, King Carnivore in fact!

This battle, oooooh, this battle, I knew there would be something fishy since it's a bonus boss, but still, it took me by surprise after how easy the previous king was.

First of all, fighing 3 powerful enemies at once is no good-good.

Inflicting Happy on everyone kinda throw off my plan at the start, and in general I didn't know anything about this dude, so that's also not good.

But on top of it all, this big distant cousin of PP can heal it's roots and itself? Twice in a row even??

That's no good, and so I had to found way to make sure to keep my team alive AND deal lots of damages to the roots before it healed. (I tried to take down the head itself at first but after the healing, I quickly realized it wouldn't be possible lol)

I can't remember quite all the details from that fight. But I remember that either Kel or Hero died at one point so that wasn't good.

Second is that I still inflicted alot of debuff on each enemies to make sure I could live longer & deal more damages, which I think is one of the main reasons why I survived.

And finally.....ahem, at one point, I failed at pulling the All-Out Attack, instead inflicting Trip on a root, and that's the reason I think one party member died and that the fight laster much longer than it should have. (since I had to heal & get back the points I needed to pull another all out attack)

Mistakes happen what i'm sayin', but in the end. I beated it and got a crap ton of exps, which is just 👌.

Once this big ass fight was done. Outside of story moments, nothing too big happened (shout-out to my man HERO tho for first facing his fear of spiders then a crazy pink *****), but I learned alot of skills in the process!...some of which I don't think I will use much due to how costy they are juice wise, and how they don't work too well with the stragegy I have.

Still, Omori has now all 3 skills that inflict various debuff depending at the enemy emotions, which make him quite versatile if you know what you're doing. WIND-UP THROW on Aubrey is really ****ing powerful from what I tested, so you bet i'm going to keep that for now.

Hero is still having his idendity crisis of being both a healer & a tank that can debuff on occassion. Hopefully he can figure out his idendity soon.

and finally, Kel is like the BIG glass canon who can deal big damages if done right, but you have to do everything in your power to make sure he doesn't get targeted while you buff him with FLEX. Also he is good at giving ANGER & using items due to his speed. (not sure when to use Megaphone tho...)

Back on the story for a bit, Sweetheart is a *****, but a fun kind of *****. By that I mean it will be very fun to beat her up once the time come.

Will say tho that her castle is very fancy & cool looking, she got a good eye for that, and the soundtrack from what I heard is still great as always.

The jokes are still on point btw and give me a good chuckle. Can we have a F in the chat for mah boi Snaley?

Annnd yeah, think that's all for now. Hopefully all of this is fun reading, will let you know as always when I play the game again, and before I go. How did you deal with those two bosses I mentionned? If you have nothing too crazy to say, then what kind of party do you use? Like what skills do you use on each members and how do you deal with most enemies?

I be quite interested to hear your opinion on this topic, as it could perhaps help me in the future. til then tho, have a great day!

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , osby osby

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pfiooooou, just did a BIG Omori session, unlike yesterday, lots of stuff happened! So will take some time to write & all, and more time to read! So take your time with it.

So, first of all, after beated some enemies, I fought the King Crawler.....which went much more easily than expected. Simply 'cuz I had this stragegy of making it happy with Aubrey, flex with Kel, make Hero sad with Omori and then have Hero charm the enemy so it only attack him. Thanks to the Sad statue, he didn't get damaged that much, and on the next few turns, I basically debuffed it the **** out of it with Aubrey Power Hit (lower defense), Omori Trick (reduce speed) and HERO's Smile (reduce attack). With my boy Kel dealing big damages with hit-and-run. The rest of the battle went easy peasy thanks to all the debuff and me putting some of the gang on sad statue. Overall, the bear (you know which one i'm talking) was harder. (though being lower levels against said bear probably didn't help)

Now I entered the Sprout Mole Village, before I explore much of it, I decided to do the sidequest where you got to give a package to a sprout mole in Otherworld.

I forgot that there was a almost empty sprout village in it, so I kinda went everywhere until I found it again. Which I say was worth it, if only because more Life Jam is good in every cases.

Afterward, I explored more of the village and did the best thing in the world: ruining someone else Christmas by cutting their tree.
View attachment 311847

After that totally necessary act of kindness. I got to the sprout who are all seasons themed and you can only get 1 item & achievement per playthrough....atleast for the former. As you can get all 4 achievements by just reloading your save before you made a chance. You won't get all the items, but it save you playing the game 4 times if you want to 100% Omori. (none of the items I got were that useful to me anyway)

Brief, I explore some more before going to watch Sweetheart show...and accidentaly kill a bonus boss by dropping a weight on it....

But don't worry! I had saved beforehand, so I reloaded and fought the other king, King Carnivore in fact!

This battle, oooooh, this battle, I knew there would be something fishy since it's a bonus boss, but still, it took me by surprise after how easy the previous king was.

Inflicting Happy on everyone kinda throw off my plan at the start, and in general I didn't know anything about this dude, so that's also not good.

But on top of it all, this big distant cousin of PP can heal it's roots and itself? Twice in a row even??

That's no good, and so I had to found way to make sure to keep my team alive AND deal lots of damages to the roots before it healed. (I tried to take down the head itself at first but after the healing, I quickly realized it wouldn't be possible lol)

I can't remember quite all the details from that fight. But I remember that either Kel or Hero died at one point so that wasn't good.

Second is that I still inflicted alot of debuff on each enemies to make sure I could live longer & deal more damages, which I think is one of the main reasons why I survived.

And finally.....ahem, at one point, I failed at pulling the All-Out Attack, instead inflicting Trip on a root, and that's the reason I think one party member died and that the fight laster much longer than it should have. (since I had to heal & get back the points I needed to pull another all out attack)

Mistakes happen what i'm sayin', but in the end. I beated it and got a crap ton of exps, which is just 👌.

Once this big ass fight was done. Outside of story moments, nothing too big happened (shout-out to my man HERO tho for first facing his fear of spiders then a crazy pink *****), but I learned alot of skills in the process!...some of which I don't think I will use much due to how costy they are juice wise, and how they don't work too well with the stragegy I have.

Still, Omori has now all 3 skills that inflict various debuff depending at the enemy emotions, which make him quite versatile if you know what you're doing. WIND-UP THROW on Aubrey is really ****ing powerful from what I tested, so you bet i'm going to keep that for now.

Hero is still having his idendity crisis of being both a healer & a tank that can debuff on occassion. Hopefully he can figure out his idendity soon.

and finally, Kel is like the BIG glass canon who can deal big damages if done right, but you have to do everything in your power to make sure he doesn't get targeted while you buff him with FLEX. Also he is good at giving ANGER & using items due to his speed. (not sure when to use Megaphone tho...)

Back on the story for a bit, Sweetheart is a *****, but a fun kind of *****. By that I mean it will be very fun to beat her up once the time come.

Will say tho that her castle is very fancy & cool looking, she got a good eye for that, and the soundtrack from what I heard is still great as always.

The jokes are still on point btw and give me a good chuckle. Can we have a F in the chat for mah boi Snaley?

Annnd yeah, think that's all for now. Hopefully all of this is fun reading, will let you know as always when I play the game again, and before I go. How did you deal with those two bosses I mentionned? If you have nothing too crazy to say, then what kind of party do you use? Like what skills do you use on each members and how do you deal with most enemies?

I be quite interested to hear your opinion on this topic, as it could perhaps help me in the future. til then tho, have a great day!

Omori makes both himself and the enemy sad + Kel angers Aubrey + Omori's Stab and Aubrey's Headbutt: This is a kinda broken combination and can carry you through some tough fights (except Sweetheart). I would go full healer/supporter with Hero because he doesn't work that well as a tank, imo.

Other than that, you're doing great.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Omori makes both himself and the enemy sad + Kel angers Aubrey + Omori's Stab and Aubrey's Headbutt: This is a kinda broken combination and can carry you through some tough fights (except Sweetheart). I would go full healer/supporter with Hero because he doesn't work that well as a tank, imo.

Other than that, you're doing great.
I know about this stragegy by how virtue of it being really easy to do as you say, but I kinda like varying my team here and there so that it doesn't get too stale. Even if cost alot of juice at time.

Hero right now work well as a tank for me, due to having items equiped on him that increase his defense and the debuff he and the rest of the team can do mean he can survive for a while. Plus some follow-up moves you can do with him can heal your teammates & even their juices. Combined with Fast Food & cooking, his ability to act first on some moves like Smile, Fast Good again, Charm, and putting the sad statue on him if needed, I do feel like the boy could be a great tank, but since he is also the healer, it's kinda of a toss of the coin you could say. Either it work or it doesn't, which is a a bit of a shame, but hey, what can you do?

Will say however that Hero as a tank make Kel's Flex much, much better. If not for Hero, I think I would have removed that move a long time ago lol, but right now, I can make it work here and there.

Hope it doesn't come across like you're wrong tho. Just like talking about this kind of stuff and figuring out the most fun way to play the game.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Yeah, Brand Loyalty is cringe, and this is coming from a guy who's majority if gaming purchases are on Nintendo.

Like, there's a reason why all these CEOs and stuff say Console Wars are cringe and shouldn't be a thing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know about this stragegy by how virtue of it being really easy to do as you say, but I kinda like varying my team here and there so that it doesn't get too stale. Even if cost alot of juice at time.

Hero right now work well as a tank for me, due to having items equiped on him that increase his defense and the debuff he and the rest of the team can do mean he can survive for a while. Plus some follow-up moves you can do with him can heal your teammates & even their juices. Combined with Fast Food & cooking, his ability to act first on some moves like Smile, Fast Good again, Charm, and putting the sad statue on him if needed, I do feel like the boy could be a great tank, but since he is also the healer, it's kinda of a toss of the coin you could say. Either it work or it doesn't, which is a a bit of a shame, but hey, what can you do?

Will say however that Hero as a tank make Kel's Flex much, much better. If not for Hero, I think I would have removed that move a long time ago lol, but right now, I can make it work here and there.

Hope it doesn't come across like you're wrong tho. Just like talking about this kind of stuff and figuring out the most fun way to play the game.
Yeah, it wasn't my intention to tell you how to play the game.

It's a deceptively deep RPG and forces you to be creative with your team design given how little skills everyone can bring into the battle. I enjoy seeing what kinds of combinations people come up with. :)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 311847

My strategy is kinda flexible, but I usually sadden Hero, and anger Omori, while keeping Aubrey and Kel neutral for as long as possible. As for moves I use, I mostly just use Hack Away, Red Hands, Snack Time, Rebound, and Power Hit. Ultimately though, you don't need to copy my strategy or anything. Many different tactics work.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, it wasn't my intention to tell you how to play the game.

It's a deceptively deep RPG and forces you to be creative with your team design given how little skills everyone can bring into the battle. I enjoy seeing what kinds of combinations people come up with. :)
Hehe, I also love seeing peoples way to go about game with varied & complex mechanic, like XB2 for exemple, hence why I asked you & guh opinions.

My strategy is kinda flexible, but I usually sadden Hero, and anger Omori, while keeping Aubrey and Kel neutral for as long as possible. As for moves I use, I mostly just use Hack Away, Red Hands, Snack Time, Rebound, and Power Hit. Ultimately though, you don't need to copy my strategy or anything. Many different tactics work.
Interesting (hooray for sad Hero!), and don't worry btw you two, right now, I kinda have my "plan", but i'm still like far from the end and there's a lot of curve ball that could make my little "plan" not as a good as I first thought. So I could change up some skills/equipements here and there ni the future.

If I change somethin', it ain't because you forced me to do so, it be because I just found out something better/more fun for me, and when it happen, I make sure to let you two know. ;)

Til then, thanks you two for answering my question! You're both-
omori my man.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well apparently Sony is evil and my PS3 is just gonna brick itself soon. And I can’t like some of my favorite ips anymore because the company that owns them is evil.
You can still like your favourite series and still call the peoples who make those decisiond a bunch of clowns for makin' such bad choices that will only hurt them in the long term, without feeling like crap in the process.

Company aren't a single person what i'm sayin', they're made up of a ton of them, and inside said company, you can still respect and support the peoples who bring you joy. You just gotta accept that as a whole, company aren't perfect, and when they make big errors, consumers will call them out.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well apparently Sony is evil and my PS3 is just gonna brick itself soon. And I can’t like some of my favorite ips anymore because the company that owns them is evil.
It’s more complicated than that. Companies aren’t some hivemind, each person working for a company is different in many ways. Some are nice, some aren’t.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Why can't I bring myself to eat seafood?!

I bought seafood mix of tuna and shrimp and can't eat them cause they are too briny.

Or maybe its because they are ready to eat.

I want to enjoy more food but I can't bring myself to eat more different stuff.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm up to speed with they Mighty Ducks: the Game Changers after watching the latest episode.

So far, its great to see the kids of the "Don't Bothers" team gaining the shine they deserved in which I believe this is setting their their journey to shape them become a winning team. In the latest episode, I do feel that Sofi is the Adam Banks of the Game Changers where the two share similar traits from each other.

Stephanie's husband is pretty much what I can describe as a huge spoilsport during the "mom's skill challenge" in which it is supposed to be all about fun, not being a sore loser.

I do hope that within future episodes, Stephanie will learn to appreciate Alex a lot more and her kids will eventually learn to treat Evan better.

Overall, I will give the latest episode a 6/10, mainly because I really liked how Koob and Sofi gained development within the episode, but I do wonder if there was any need to focus on the "mom's skills challenge?" But I still have hope that they will continue to pick up the pace and give each "Don't Bothers" characters more shine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom